davjohns

Stuff my ex did

5 deployments, left with a girlfriend, not a single one of the girls lasted 3 weeks.

Just glad I wasn't married to any of them, though I was dumb enough to leave my truck with one. B|

Hell, I found out when one of them changed their status to engaged, and I asked when I had proposed... "Oh, I've been meaning to talk to you".

Sorry man, it's the life you lead, not an easy one... sadly it's also a great way to tell when your woman isn't the right one.

Absence only makes the heart grow fonder of someone who is right there.

Translation: Hell hath no fury like a bitch in heat...

Or a stiff dick has no conscience..

It works both ways my friend....[:/]

"For Christ's sake. Once during the war I visited a prostitute, and my life has been a living hell ever since."
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

By the way, I did know what he was smoking...
before I left, I found his quite substantial stash hidden in the boat compartment & left it in the toilets for him to find :P;):ph34r:

Man, if I had been in your position, I would have been very tempted to leave a tip with the local police that he has a stash of pot with intent to distribute. Then again, you'd probably have lost that $500/month stipend....

But I'd bet she would have ended up with all the property in the divorce! :P
See the upside, and always wear your parachute! -- Christopher Titus

Shut Up & Jump!

Yep, you misread...for 18 years my money was our money, as well.
We built the house, we made the mortgage payments, car payments, insurance payments, trips, toys on & on & we had the savings !
I personally did all landscaping, lawn maintenance & upkeep, inside & out, plus worked a full time job, as well.
By the way, I had substantial earnings during a major portion of the marriage, myself, but entrusted him to be our head of household.
He hid his ( our) money, spent mine & WI. is a Marital Property State , but if there was a dirty dog hiding his bones....not much a person can do to prove otherwise, but learn from it [:/]

Small town & my son & his family still live there...
I moved, they would've been left with the small town fall out !

Also, he had some pull as former EMT Assoc. President...shortly after I moved on, he got pulled over for crossing the center line.

Blew a .28 breathalyzer w/ an oz. & loaded 9mm.

There was a big article in the paper, but he paid an atty. $12 k...it never went to Court.

The case file mysterously disappeared :o

Gypsie wins. I thought my story was lightly amusing. Hers makes me angry.
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

yes I did...overall ;), but wondering if you're handing out a trophy or other winner's prize B|

It's amazing the pay off one gets from negative life occurences & still have the ability to trust someone completely...though that has been narrowed down to a tiny handful of good peeps :o;):P:)

Man...where to start. After reading all of your stories it reminds of some that I had let go from my ex.

When she was pregnant, she tried to beat the hell out of me while I was driving over a minor disagreement. I had to pull over and pull her out of the vehicle. What the hell was I going to do, hit her back?

She tried to stab me...more than once.

Found out in '05 she was cheating. I was the guy's union rep and had saved his job after he got fired after getting caught getting a BJ while on the job. Oh...the BJ wasn't from his wife, but from his girlfriend. It took me 4 months of suspicion to finally get my evidence. I GPS'd her car and tapped her cell phone with a quirky little spy gadget I found online. Recorded her phone calls and voicemails. All the evidence I needed. If only Oklahoma were an "at-fault" state.

In '06, during the divorce, she tried to run over me by driving me down in my own front yard. Left tire marks all throughout my yard. I called police and took endless pics. Police refused to file charges because I wasn't injured, even though she fled the scene.

Then she sued me in court for damages to her vehicle...and won. I had to pay $1400 for damages to her car over her recklessness. Judge didn't believe that the sweet little innocent plaintiff could have done something as cruel as try to run me over. It was the same judge that presided over our divorce. He wasn't nice to me during those proceedings either.

After it's all said and done with I discovered she had cheated on me four times over a 10 year marriage. I knew about all of them I guess but refused to see it. It went all the way back to our second year of marriage. Two of the guys she cheated with...their wives had called me during their divorces to tell me that my wife was cheating on me. I refused to believe it.

Now I'm a little jaded. It's taken me a little time to build trust back up in a woman. I know women aren't bad by nature and I just chose a bad one.

The only consolations from it all: I've got two great kids; I got EVERYTHING in the divorce; she tried to stab her new husband too (the last one she cheated on me with).
--------------------------------------------------
Failure to prepare is preparing to fail

Whew...it's rampant, it appears throughout relationships [:/]

I didn't bring up the 'attempts or direct threats".

The night I was served, I wouldn't take it seriously because I thought he was still having side effects from the surguries, pain meds, etc...so I refused to move out.

He let it known immediately, he wanted & was going to, keep EVERYTHING !

I moved into another room to give him some time to get it together, still not knowing he had this plan in motion for at least 3 years.

One night after I came home from work, I saw him sitting on the his bed holding the 9mm he kept loaded in his night stand.

We were both big into hunting, having our own personal hand guns, as well as rifles & shot guns...
But I remember thinking this doesn't look good...
Ya Think :S

I put my shoes back on & picked up my cell phone, just in case, & as I went to leave the room I was in, he came charging at me, putting the loaded 9mm to my fore head, saying "I'll blow your head off before I split 1/2 my net worth with you... You have 5 minutes to grab what you want & get the f@#$ out of here" [:/]

Know in my mind if someone pulls a gun, they plan to use it, so I ran out the front door dialing 911.

The Sheriff happened to be a good friend of my family growing up, & he said he was coming right out to arrest him.

This is the dumnb ass in me...I told him ...
"no, I think he's just messed up from all the meds & stress he'd been under, I will leave."

I eventually got an apartment, there was no working it out, so the divorce was filed.

It was then, it was found all the hiding he'd been doing, throughout.

Our divorce hearing was scheduled 10 months later.

I originally left with a back pack & my Harley & that's all I got from the settlement...other then the order to pay the $500/ mo. for 2 yrs. till I was done w/ Nursing school.

I was working full time days & school full time nights, because I wasn't eligible for much in school grants, loans based on our tax fling from the year before of well over $150k combined income.

Guess who benefited from the the tax refund ?

There had been no paper trail of assets, as he hid & moved to others names & nothing I could do about it, after the fact.

I rode the HD to the hearing from my apartment 12 miles away.

When I rode in everything was fine, however after leaving court, I soon found out the hard way, the cotter pin to my back brakes had been pulled...

Go Figure :o

Lesson learned...if they seem to good to be true...they are !:P

My relationship with my husband now, is full of pot holes, "debates" & challenges, we don't even attempt to pretend nor hinder each other, control -v- control status is not part of our game plan & it works well for us.

Finances are mutually made, spent independent & integrated & we both tend to call it as we see it & smooth out the ruffled tail feathers as we go ! ;)

It's a great & trusting relationship...we know each other's lines not to cross, but sometimes need help from the other to get over our own !

My Life is Great because of him, because

SKYDIVERS ROCK & to quote Boothey:
" Chicks Dig Skydivers "B|

Yeah I didn't mind fighting the good fight to have her in my life.
I don't mind paying for her education because she was my wife and it was the right thing to do. And helping out her white trash friends.....the kids...i love it when the smile.

The cheating on the other hand....that one...yeah left me very jaded. If a woman im with even so much as smiles the same way as my x did....she's out the door. It's a reflex.

To have ones partner and friend do that .... it hurts. But there is nothing like getting even by living better.

She cheated on me with a needle dicked Korean guy (no offence to any of our Asian friends but i know my dick is bigger than yours, i bought rubbers in Asia and they did not fit) and is now knocked up with his kid and as far as I can tell did not finish up her last years of business school, still driving around in an 02 VW Bug with good god the tires I bought for that car 4 years ago......

I on the other hand still skydive with my friends, got in a good 30 jumps in this year :-) I'm about to graduate with my MBA, as soon as the closing is and legal fees are covered I'll be better off financially than when I was married ($12k per year for her education) and I JUST BOUGHT a nice second hand 135I in pearl white for a steal!

AND...this Friday night my date is a long legged, flat bellied, amazing assed size 4 blond with the most gorgeous green eyes AND she always wanted to skydive and had an education and who makes 60% of what I make!

I'm still jaded and will be for a very long time....but while she is waddling in that beat up old VW Bug wondering if her new boyfriend will ever propose to her....odds are he's not....I'm sitting in a nice new car, smiling because next summer I'll get more jumps in and when the economy wakes back up.....I may find a better paying job and make more money and live a great fucking life!
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!