nigel99

Ouch

Had my parents over this weekend.

My dad pulled me aside and told me that as I am in my late thirties it is time to grow up. Things like skydiving and riding motorbikes are not things that grown up's should do:S
Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.

My dad pulled me aside and told me that as I in my late thirties it is time to grow up. Things like skydiving and riding motorbikes are not things that grown up's should do:S

Wahoooo!!!!!
That means Im not an "Old man" I skydive, scuba dive, rebuild and ride motorbikes, indoor rock climb and generally act like a Pratt :D:D:D:D

Squeak rocking the child in his 48 year od bodyB|B|B|B|B|
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

"You mean things like being told what to do by my parents?"

Hey there are better things that I have grown out of - that they still need to (think Santa Claus for grown ups:P).

Still I was quite surprised as they don't tend to interfere.
Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.

My dad pulled me aside and told me that as I in my late thirties it is time to grow up. Things like skydiving and riding motorbikes are not things that grown up's should do:S

maybe it's really time for you to grow up and stand up for yourself?

1quite right you should listen to your parents instead of ignoring them, I mean look at squeak look what's its done to him :ph34r::):ph34r:

living in denial :D:D:D

Billy-Sonic Haggis Flickr-Fun

What is it you're supposed to be doing? Yell at kids as they run across your yard?

Yelling at kids is on the list. So is watching cricket. Playing golf might be allowed as well - so long as it is not crazy golf:D

One good comeback...

OK, Dad. Does that mean I get to keep the drugs, the wine and the women?

Wine is fine for him. True story - I used to get really pissed at my parents when I was 18/19 and they accused me of drinking. I did not drink at ALL. Everytime they accused me of being drunk I was stoned[:/]. Looking back I can't believe the righteous indignation.

55...sons all grown & married & their kids: 2 teenagers, 1 almost 10.

It's the best time of my life B|

I've been HD riding 16 years & jumping... going on 6.

I'll continue both as long as I can swing a leg over & crouch in the door ! :)
After that, prop me on back, & strap me to the front of my hubby who's a TI & 17 years younger
:P:D;)

My dad pulled me aside and told me that as I am in my late thirties it is time to grow up. Things like skydiving and riding motorbikes are not things that grown up's should do:S

Who made this decision that growing up had to be boring? That's just silly. All it means is that you have to pay for your own fun :P

Meh.
I've got far better toys as an "adult" than I ever had as a kid. A REAL Porsche, a REAL motorcycle, REAL G*** (can't mention them here ;)) and a parachute that I can actually jump with, not just a bedsheet attached to a backpack.

A friend of mine just turned 69. He has a '65 Vette convertible, a '67 Malibu convertible, a newer Camaro convertible.
His wife gave him a sweatshirt that says "Still Plays with Cars."

You don't give up playing because you get old. You get old because you give up playing.

You can insert "with cars", "with motorcycles", "with airplanes", "with parachutes" or anything in there.:)
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

Meh.
I've got far better toys as an "adult" than I ever had as a kid. A REAL Porsche, a REAL motorcycle, REAL G*** (can't mention them here ;)) and a parachute that I can actually jump with, not just a bedsheet attached to a backpack.

A friend of mine just turned 69. He has a '65 Vette convertible, a '67 Malibu convertible, a newer Camaro convertible.
His wife gave him a sweatshirt that says "Still Plays with Cars."

You don't give up playing because you get old. You get old because you give up playing.

You can insert "with cars", "with motorcycles", "with airplanes", "with parachutes" or anything in there.:)

I always thought whacking a little white ball around a pasture with an expensive stick and chasing it in a go-cart was pretty 'childish'!:ph34r:

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

The sad thing is that my family tells me something similar and I'm only 23. :S

Apparantly I didn't get the memo about having to get married right after high school and settle down to live the rest of my life without setting my goals too high. What was I thinking? :|

I just finished college and got a job in Houston, and the first thing my sister told me was, "Now its time for you the settle down, get married and have kids." I just laughed it off. :)
If you're not living on the edge; you're taking up too much room!

The sad thing is that my family tells me something similar and I'm only 23. :S

Apparantly I didn't get the memo about having to get married right after high school and settle down to live the rest of my life without setting my goals too high. What was I thinking? :|

I just finished college and got a job in Houston, and the first thing my sister told me was, "Now its time for you the settle down, get married and have kids." I just laughed it off. :)

My older sister said the same thing to me when I finished college...I told I didn't want to have THAT much in common with her! :ph34r:

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Time to move them into a "home".

You Cougar!>:(;)B|
--------------------------------------------------------

Daunting story about that, Jim...
I met Brad the 1st night I started bartending at the Dug Out in Omro 10/03/06. ( I was a Nurse by day )
He told me he was a skydiver, I told him he was nuts.
He didn't come in the next night, but did the 3rd. We hooked up & 11 days later I did my 1st jump, a tandem & reserve ride!
A month into our relationship, we were listening to a song & I said " cool song, I was a Junior in high school when that came out...in '74"
He looked at me & said " how the hell old are you?"
I said " I'll be 50 in a few weeks, why, how old are you?"
He said " that's the year I was born...I just turned 32" :$
We've been together every day since & married now 1-1/2 years !
Apparently the age factor isn't a big deal for us...it keeps my life challenging & fun :ph34r::)

Btw: how did the term "cougar' come into play...is it because they take their prey by going for the juglar ? :P>:(:) arrrrrrrrrrrrr !

Sux to be invalidated by someone close. I'm gonna guess they have no frame of reference with your chosen activities. You might give them a better perspective by taking them to the DZ or at least meeting a few of your skydiving friends. It took my folks many years to see that skydiving is a valid pursuit.

jon

Sux to be invalidated by someone close. I'm gonna guess they have no frame of reference with your chosen activities. You might give them a better perspective by taking them to the DZ or at least meeting a few of your skydiving friends. It took my folks many years to see that skydiving is a valid pursuit.

jon

My dad is religious. Last time I took them to the dz (18 years ago) there was a blond in a bikini reading penthouse at manifest:D. That didn't go down very well.

Honestly they aren't bad. It is just misplaced concern. I knew they didn't like me jumping as a teenager, but thought they had got used to it. The motorcycle angle really took me back as he rode for many years.