normiss

A couple profile on Facebook?

Probably doesn't want any competition or random guys checking her out thinking they might have a chance with her.
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

It comes from insecurities and mistrust in the relationship if you ask me. I know a few people that have them. I personally think it's a retarded idea. If you're so insecure about your relationship that you can't trust your SO to be on Facebook then you shouldn't be together in the first place.

Hell, I rarely even friend an SO. Let's me talk about them behind their back without them being able to find out about it.:D

Some people refrain from beating a dead horse. Personally, I find a myriad of entertainment value when beating it until it becomes a horse-smoothie.

Seriously, why do people do this?
It comes across as insecure.
Why the need to abandon the individual?

My sister and her new insecure boyfriend have one now.
He insisted on her not having an individual FB profile.
WTF???:S

That is so very sad. You know how control freaks are... they are all over!!

here's how it works....
there are a minimum of Three entities to any couple..:|
there's the guy
there's the gal
and there's the couple

each one NEEDs to be cared for, encouraged, listened to, and allowed to thrive..... when that happens the 3 can sometimes increase to 4 , 5 or more.. depending on how extensive the "role Playing" might get...;)

i'm a big fan of individuality... except of course when it comes to skydiving,,, I'd rather do an AnySize "way" over a solo, anyday.... Ok well, except for a Hop 'n Pop..B|

jmy

I don't get it, personally. however

I suspect that if you ask 10 couples that do it just why they do it, you will likely get 10 reasons for it. and most likely will understand all 10, and actually not have any issue with over half of them (if you were to apply to yourself)

Just assuming they all 10 are insecure freaks isn't reasonable.

Not everybody is your sister and her boyfriend.

And don't forget, even if he insisted on it, she also let him.

Edit: they only reason that I can come up with is that it's nice to only have to post one set of pictures if you want to share them with both sets of friends. My wife and I have posted duplicates (we have individual accounts) just for this reason.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

I agree. Not everyone with a "couple" account is crazy. My parents kinda have one. My dad doesn't have a facebook, but likes looking at our family's pictures every now & then. So my mom gave him access to hers. They didn't change the name to a joint name tho; he can just go in it whenever he wants. He also doesn't post as her. I don't think it's weird b/c he doesn't want to do the whole social media thing.

"He insisted on her not having an individual FB profile."

What is she 15 :S

This is where the problem comes in, if both parties are in agreement on a joint account then there is no problem. But when one side INSISTS that they have to have one and the other party cannot have their own....um yea... RED FLAG from hell.

Fuck that! :S
She is not a "Dumb Blonde" - She is a "Light-Haired Detour Off The Information Superhighway."
eeneR
TF#72, FB#4130, Incauto

I know several people who have "couple" profiles. Both older couples who don't seem insecure at all. I think they just can't be bothered with having two separate accounts. With one account, they can have all of their pictures in one place. And if they share a computer, then they don't have to keep logging in and out of separate facebook accounts.

It sounds like your sister's boyfriend might be a control freak, but that doesn't say anything about other people who choose to have a couple account.

Some couples do it because they're not really into FB and the like so they do the minimum to allow them to keep in touch with people and events. Some do it because one of the couple is more sociable and 'manages' that aspect of life for both of them.

One day there's going to be a divorce case that gets seriously acrimonious over ownership of the FB account and friends. It will be resolved by FB stating that the joint account violated its Ts and Cs, and deleting the whole thing. At which point someone else will realise it's the only way of getting data deleted from FB. :ph34r:

Anne

It sounds like your sister's boyfriend might be a control freak, but that doesn't say anything about other people who choose to have a couple account.

If I recall, Mark's sister had her own account and the boyfriend made her delete it and create this combined account. For the life of me, I don't understand why she went along with that.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

If I recall, Mark's sister had her own account and the boyfriend made her delete it and create this combined account. For the life of me, I don't understand why she went along with that.

Not a good sign... [:/]
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

For the life of me, I don't understand why she went along with that.

Insecurity!

He already stated he lost count on her marriages.
Sounds like she'll try anything at this point to keep a man.

Just a guess.
My photos

My Videos

Seriously, why do people do this?
It comes across as insecure.
Why the need to abandon the individual?

My sister and her new insecure boyfriend have one now.
He insisted on her not having an individual FB profile.
WTF???:S

That is so very sad. You know how control freaks are... they are all over!!

I don't do Facebook or any of the other 'social networks'. I agree with Betty White; "It's an incredible waste of time!"

Chuck

Don't get it myself to be honest Bud. Me and my wife have separate pages sets of friends and interests. Neither one of us has believed in living in each others pocket. Dopes sound like a bit of a control freakinsh attitude.

Billy-Sonic Haggis Flickr-Fun

I don't do Facebook or any of the other 'social networks'. I agree with Betty White; "It's an incredible waste of time!"

Chuck

How much time do you waste on here?

B|
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

Chuck

How much time do you waste on here?

B|

Not as much as some! :D I never kept track of it.
Are you saying that dizzy.com is a waste of time?

Chuck