NealFitz

100 years....

Its 100 years pretty much to the minute when Titanic struck the iceberg which saw her fate. Built by the hands in my home city :)

you guys did shit work:D:D:D

you lot also build Skyvans, WTF were you thinking with that design:D:D:D:D:D
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Its 100 years pretty much to the minute when Titanic struck the iceberg which saw her fate. Built by the hands in my home city :)

Apparently it was a bad batch of rivets that helped spell Titanic's doom.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Yeah...that and smacking into a hugh iceberg. :ph34r:

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

I don't understand all the Titanic-worship that goes on these days...

There have been lots of shipwrecks that have killed lots of people. Why is the Titanic singled out for so much attention? What about the Dona Paz (4,000 dead), the Halifax (2,000 dead), Le Joola (1,800 dead), Sultana (1,800 dead), RMS Empress (1,000 dead), MS Estonia (800 dead), or the Lusitania (1,200 dead).

I don't get it.

Is the Titanic more important than all the others only because a couple of Hollywood movies have been made about it?

There have been lots of shipwrecks that have killed lots of people. Why is the Titanic singled out for so much attention? What about the Dona Paz (4,000 dead), the Halifax (2,000 dead), Le Joola (1,800 dead), Sultana (1,800 dead), RMS Empress (1,000 dead), MS Estonia (800 dead), or the Lusitania (1,200 dead).

I don't get it.

Is the Titanic more important than all the others only because a couple of Hollywood movies have been made about it?

It was simply the most hyped about ship when it set sail. It was also the largest. They said it was unsinkable.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I don't get it.

Because it was proclaimed as "UNSINKABLE", yet is sank on it maiden voyage.
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

The Titanic was an icon before it even sailed. It was not only the largest but the most luxurious vessel ever built. Rich and famous wanted to ride it. Astor, Isidor Strauss, Guggenheim and others rode that vessel.

It was the icon that sank on its first voyage and took with it Jobs, Trumps, and Buffetts of the day. That's why it was so legendary. The names and the hubris.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

The Titanic was an icon before it even sailed. It was not only the largest but the most luxurious vessel ever built. Rich and famous wanted to ride it. Astor, Isidor Strauss, Guggenheim and others rode that vessel.

It was the icon that sank on its first voyage and took with it Jobs, Trumps, and Buffetts of the day. That's why it was so legendary. The names and the hubris.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

I don't get it.

100% agree, my mate and I were just saying the exact same thing whilst watching the news. :S

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

Good point.
Modern marvel? Check.
Dead celebrities? Check.
Irony? ("It's unskinkable... ...whoops!") Check.

Plus the story sounds like something from old mythology, where uppity mortals create something to challenge the gods. It never ends well...
I think people might be hard wired to like (or at least share) this kind of story.
My blog with the skydiving duck cartoons.

I don't get it.

Because it was proclaimed as "UNSINKABLE", yet is sank on it maiden voyage.

It was a conspiracy plotted out by the spirit of unhatched chickens...
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

Yeah...that and smacking into a hugh iceberg.

I heard the captain was doing a drive-by to impress his friends on Greenland.

Yeah, but the cook didn't go down with the ship...as the captain of today assumed was the tradition...

First I've heard the name of the iceberg...Hugh.

Saw another thread which said if it wasn't for Kate Winslett flashing her boobies, this anniversary might have passed unnoticed...
My computer beat me at chess, It was no match for me at kickboxing....

NV Wilhelm Gustav. Topedoed by Russion sub in Jan 1945. Moslty women and children. 9400 died. Largest loss of life in a maritime sinking in all history

I guess Nazi women and children don't count. But Leonardo DiCaprio and Kate Winslet sure do!

Wassamatter wid you guys.
Have you no concern for the iceberg?
Damned thing sittin' there minding its own business and out of nowhere...BAM!
Poor guy.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Poor guy.

Andy dahrlin, the collision did leave him kinda cold

Poor guy.

The folks at White Star like their oceans "neat".

And of personal interest ...I'm reminded that my immigrant grandfather departed Naples on April 30, 1912 aboard the Canada and arrived in New York in mid May. Almost 100 years ago.

Poor guy.

The folks at White Star like their oceans "neat".

And of personal interest ...I'm reminded that my immigrant grandfather departed Naples on April 30, 1912 aboard the Canada and arrived in New York in mid May. Almost 100 years ago.

What a newb.. some of my family walked to FL.. a few thousand years ago:ph34r: