nigel99

Oh dear - daughter has the bug.

My daughter has decided she would like to do a tandem for her 16th birthday!

Thrilled that she wants to give it a shot, while be scared to death!
Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.

omg that is EPIC! Bravo! BRAVO!
I have no idea how you parents do it! You guys are rock stars!
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

As with everything, watching your child do something is way more nerve-wracking than doing it yourself. I kind of wish my kids would be more adventuresome, but at the same time, I'm relieved they're not, but wish they would be, but..... :P

lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

As with everything, watching your child do something is way more nerve-wracking than doing it yourself. I kind of wish my kids would be more adventuresome, but at the same time, I'm relieved they're not, but wish they would be, but..... :P

Sums it up perfectly.
Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.

Sums it up perfectly.

Not the same, but I think my mom must be the coolest person on earth... When I told her I wanted to skydive, she immediately asked whether I would mind if she came along because she also wanted to try!! B| (She did an IAD out of a C-182... She jumped right before me and and arched like a pro - it was AWESOME!)

When I got my motorcycle licence, she was thrilled - riding a bike was a dream of hers forever... For her 60th birthday (a couple of weeks ago), I bought her motorcycle lessons... Well, she took the classes and did superbly well B|B|:)
So no matter what I do, I never have to hide it from my mom/parents... It's not that they're oblivious to the danger - just that they "get it".
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

Sums it up perfectly.

:D:D
My brother and I were..well, let's say, adventuresome as youngsters.

The parents attitude was, "Don' tell me. I don't wanna know."

We were raised, "No news is good news."

As long as the phone didn't ring, all was well. It was those 2am calls that caused the grief.
:D:D:D

So, I assume you are going to let her go with it? Of course you are!

Picture this:
Family three way. And when the boy gets the bug...Nigel Family Four Way team: Slots and Cocks.
(Don't tell the wife I said that.)
:o
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Awesome! Even though my kid only did one AFF jump, it was one of the best jumping days ever for me, and a big confidence boost for him. So cool to see his face when he finally understood why I drug him out to the dz every damn weekend for years on end.

... I drug him out to the dz every damn weekend for years on end.

Poor kid. Made a DZ brat out of him. You know what's in his future, right?
DZ brat is a gateway to....DZ Bum.

Poor kid. Made a DZ brat out of him. You know what's in his future, right?
DZ brat is a gateway to....DZ Bum.

Not in his case. He's an airport bum... he liked the skydive but he likes flying the plane better.

OMG. Now he's going to be hanging out at the nearest bar to the airport, telling was stories with half-truths and total BS truths and hitting on female pilots of all ages.
[:/]

Oh....wait....

;)

I can picture Nigel's daughter doing the same and Mamma's going to hit the roof.

OMG. Now he's going to be hanging out at the nearest bar to the airport, telling was stories with half-truths and total BS truths and hitting on female pilots of all ages.

Not a chance. He's taken, and his fiancee wants nothing to do with flying a plane. And she's about 12 months from being a large animal vet, so he's pretty much got it made once they get hitched. :ph34r:

And she's about 12 months from being a large animal vet, so he's pretty much got it made once they get hitched. :ph34r:

Ummmmm....just how large does she want to get?
What's her diet like? Is she going to make her goal weight in 12 months?

OK...enough is enough, eh? This is gettin' too easy.

Congrats to your boy and his girl. Sounds like they have a bright future ahead of them.

Good job, I got my wife a tandem for mothers day, she hasnt jump yet but she has her courage up, she has really been outstanding.

My 16yo daughter thinks she may entertain it when she gets older but she is not in a rush.

My wife is uncurrent but jumps (her last just popsjumper stole her and left me in the plane:o). Problem with my wife is she is like that squirrel in over the hedge after its had coffee, Andy had to tie her to a chair to keep her still for her first jump course:ph34r::D
Strangely I trust my daughter more on the jumping and less with the boys and.substance abuseB|

Good job, I got my wife a tandem for mothers day, she hasnt jump yet but she has her courage up, she has really been outstanding.

My 16yo daughter thinks she may entertain it when she gets older but she is not in a rush.

My wife is uncurrent but jumps (her last just popsjumper stole her and left me in the plane:o). Problem with my wife is she is like that squirrel in over the hedge after its had coffee, Andy had to tie her to a chair to keep her still for her first jump course:ph34r::D
Strangely I trust my daughter more on the jumping and less with the boys and.substance abuseB|

Bring them BOTH to York mate:$>:(B|
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Squeak,
Wife spoke to John about recurrence and was due to startup again this month (before mumbles). But due to the job situ on my side she's put it on hold.

Daughter I want to go with Don, but that will be later in the year.

I've just got to teach the twins to pack, to pay for my jumps :)