Nataly

Sexism revisited...

...People discriminate based on race as well... :|

There has been a successful lawsuit where a coloured man complained about being denied entry to a disco just because of his colour.
Fact is - he only won because the bouncers were very stupid and behaved openly hostile towards him. Others work more "cleverly" and get away with it.

There are still so many subtle ways of discriminating against race, gender, place you were born etc... :|

P.S.: "Because of the place someone was born or lives?" -> A woman filed a lawsuit 2 or 3 years ago because she was refused a job merely due to the fact she comes from East Germany - she was given back her application with a red ink remark "Ossi!" which along with other remarks showed she was refused the job just because of being "Ossi" (would be "Eastie" in English) - She lost the lawsuit. :S
The sky is not the limit. The ground is.

The Society of Skydiving Ducks

FWIW, it still happens in the US, too. For example, many employment want ads for various professionals openly solicit applicants with "3 to 5 years experience", presumably so they don't have to train a raw rookie but still don't want to pay too much for a more experienced (read: older) candidate. Sure, they can claim the ad is facially age-neutral; and yes, some people do go back to school and become doctors, lawyers, or engineers in middle age, but the truth is that 90+% of all professionals with 3 to 5 years experience are under age 40. In all but window dressing, it's open, blatant age discrimination, but nobody does anything about it, so it persists.

"That's about the dumbest argument I've ever heard... Every place on earth has it's flaws..."

You chose to move to a culture w/VERY entrenched sexism. What did you think? That they were going to change for you? Quit your crying or move. France isn't going to change anytime soon.

You chose to live in another culture. You knew what they were like, going in. You don't like it? Leave.
Quit your crying. They might call you a little girl.

That's about the dumbest argument I've ever heard... Every place on earth has it's flaws... And you associate highlighting a problem with "crying" and being a "little girl"... Like either of those things is negative (it's not)... Grow up.

I think what he was trying to say is MAN up.
Okay, NOW, I can post in your "do you go too far" post.
My photos

My Videos

"That's about the dumbest argument I've ever heard... Every place on earth has it's flaws..."

You chose to move to a culture w/VERY entrenched sexism. What did you think? That they were going to change for you? Quit your crying or move. France isn't going to change anytime soon.

That's about the dumbest argument I've ever heard... Right back at you, mate!
If people do not speak out, nothing will ever change. I applaud people like Nataly who stand up for themselves.

However, on a very different note, sexism always seems to anger/offend me way more when it comes from women. It doesn't matter whether the sexism is directed at other women, at men in general or at me personally. I somehow feel that, given the history of the strife for equal rights, women should know better than that.
But I tend to be naive in these things, I guess.:$
"That formation-stuff in freefall is just fun and games but with an open parachute it's starting to sound like, you know, an extreme sport."
~mom

Genius! You have just found the solution with 2 great options - HOORAY, now I can stop crying!!

OPTION 1 - accept that there is a problem and do nothing. Yep. Most of the world's problems get fixed this way.

OPTION 2 - move... Since I don't know of a single place that ISN'T sexist, I guess this means I have to win the lottery and buy myself a desert island...
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

I guess this means I have to win the lottery and buy myself a desert island...

Why would you have to buy one...couldn't you just move there, it's deserted?

I could, but what's to stop other people moving in??! :D:D
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss

I guess this means I have to win the lottery and buy myself a desert island...

Why would you have to buy one...couldn't you just move there, it's deserted?

I could, but what's to stop other people moving in??! :D:D

Shore emplacements

She already lives in a place like that :P

I know.. but with the state of things.. and this being "Bonfire" I dare not utter the "G" word. It was really hard finding a piccie that did not include any with a search using shore emplacements:ph34r:

"That's about the dumbest argument I've ever heard... Right back at you, mate!
If people do not speak out, nothing will ever change. I applaud people like Nataly who stand up for themselves."

Your opinion is duly noted... Speak out all you want to France. You ain't gonna change shit. You can either keep beating your head against the wall. Or, you can leave. France won't give a crap either way, & neither will I.

I never said I supported sexism. I never said I think it's right. However, it most certainly IS entrenched in France. Lotsa Luck w/that.

>You chose to move to a culture w/VERY entrenched sexism. What did you think? That
>they were going to change for you? Quit your crying or move. France isn't going to
>change anytime soon.

Eh, people said that about the US 50 years ago. Then people started demanding change. And it worked.

Option 1- If you were a global problem solver? I think you'd know by now...

Option 2- Sexism is equally oppressive everywhere in the world? Who is the sexist??? You picked a European bastion for it. Deal w/it.

You missed one option altogether:

Option 3- Step up & excel in your professional life, anyway. If you could do that. I think you would have.

Accept it, keep beating your head against a wall, or leave. I really don't care which, & neither does France. You want respect? Earn it. Nobody respects a Whiner.

"Eh, people said that about the US 50 years ago. Then people started demanding change. And it worked."

You want to compare our unique country w/age old Europe??? Apples & Oranges, BV.

I do remember watching a Youtube vid a few years ago. Young people were peaceably protesting w/a sit-in in Denmark. The police rolled up & clubbed them like seals... France's sexism is very well entrenched. It isn't going anywhere. That country has far bigger problems on its hands than the OP's crying about her perceived wrongs.

watever...men have been given the burden to deal with this dog eat dog world. If a woman has what it takes to become a spineless/loveless little bitch and give men a run for their money, then so be it. (if that's what she really wants) But I can't stand wannabe bitches operating out of place and complaining when they lose and get eatin' themselves...what did you expect, for us to kiss you ass? Stay home, clean, cook, raise the kids and you'll get all the ass workout you can handle...
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

Haven't heard a good argument from you yet - just petty insults. Just goes to show you have nothing valid to say.
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss

If a woman has what it takes to become a spineless/loveless little bitch and give men a run for their money, then so be it.

We've got a lot of women in my field. Many of them are very damn good at it, better than many of the guys. Doesn't seem to be a gender divide that I can see, just an abliities divide,

But I can't stand wannabe bitches operating out of place and complaining when they lose and get eatin' themselves...

I hate whiners of BOTH genders, and believe me, I work with a bunch of them. :|

what did you expect, for us to kiss you ass? Stay home, clean, cook, raise the kids and you'll get all the ass workout you can handle...

I think all Nataly wanted was a shot at some of the better jobs, not a 1950's housewife role.

>You want to compare our unique country w/age old Europe??? Apples & Oranges, BV.

Nope. But the same things were said about us back then. We did it. Other "age old" countries have done it. So can they, if enough people want to.