rss_v

Unauthorised balloon jumps

If you're serious about jumping and don't like the UK prices, go to the US during boogie season and rack up a bunch of exotic jumps. St Patrick's boogie had balloon jumps (from this thread you might not be welcomed onto the balloon though!!

Just remember a low time jumper dodging rules is normally the most likely person to end up dead.

I think he would be much happier at another boogie, any other boogie.

This thread has give me a number of reasons not to attempt this, but the risk of physically harming anyone else seems completely insubstantial. I might well emotionally distress them, yes, and piss them off a great deal. But I don't imagine that the integrity or balance of a hot-air balloon is really comprimised when it loses, what, less than 10% of its load. Nor is it going to then be too light and drift off into space.

You should go for it….just think you would be famous. Stupid but famous. :S[:/]

Sparky

I think the word you're looking for is infamous.

Thanks...that is more appropriate.;)

Sparky
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

If you're serious about jumping and don't like the UK prices, go to the US during boogie season and rack up a bunch of exotic jumps. St Patrick's boogie had balloon jumps (from this thread you might not be welcomed onto the balloon though!!

Just remember a low time jumper dodging rules is normally the most likely person to end up dead.

I think he would be much happier at another boogie, any other boogie.

"Boogies" seem to be mostly about drinking and taking your clothes off. Like every other sport. I'm not socially functional or capable which is why I failed in conventional sports and turned to strange activities like skydiving. If I went to a boogie would I be shunned and disliked if I just wanted to jump and not perform homoerotic dances with my instructors or wax my legs on a makeshift stage in the hangar while four-way teams vomit in synchrony?

once again, rss_v you show your inabiity to grasp some of the basics about the sport..
Boogies ARE about jumping,,,, and about meeting up with old friends, and making new ones. About enjoying some skydives at a new and different DZ, about jumping multiple large and fun airplanes and about photos and videos of people having FUN...B|
B|
sure there are often NO Rules about the "apres' jump" activiites... and THAT too is part of the appeal..but Not ALL that there is,, at a boogie.

However One does NOT have to BE a participant, unless one WANTS to.....and often staying on the sidelines,,, shaking ones head in amusement,
while taking in a few "creative behaviors by Grown up children" can make for some remarkable and funny memories...

Whether you will be "shunned or disliked " or not, would be up to YOu...and up to how you interacted with others....

Your idiocy about proper etiquette while in one of the least maneuverable aircraft in the world.... and your follow up posts here, tell me that you Might have somewhat of an Uphill battle......wherever you may visit.. boogie or not....[:/]

ps when the Organizer invites you NOT to ATTEND, it certainly appears that you won't have to concern yourself, anyway... :|about what the "drinkers and naturalists" are doing.;)

i think that you DO have a certain mischiefness about yourself and your posts... but when it comes to REAL and Actual skydiving safety and procedure issues... NOT everything is a Joke..

good luck pal.

Jimmy is such a diplomat! :D

I think we need to do a weakest link contest on here now and then. I might be one of the early shmucks voted off the island, but I am willing to take that chance for the common good. :D:ph34r:

"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

Like every other sport. I'm not socially functional or capable which is why I failed in conventional sports and turned to strange activities like skydiving.

Well, I don't think you're gonna last too long in our sport. We're tolerant, but only to a certain point . . .

If I went to a boogie would I be shunned and disliked if I just wanted to jump and not perform homoerotic dances with my instructors or wax my legs on a makeshift stage in the hangar while four-way teams vomit in synchrony?

I haven't done any of that either and I've had great times and met a lot of nice people at many, many boogies.

No matter what's going on you can just grab a beer and watch. :P

i think that you DO have a certain mischiefness about yourself and your posts... but when it comes to REAL and Actual skydiving safety and procedure issues... NOT everything is a Joke..

good luck pal.

Thanks for saying it so well, Jimmy. :)
Too many noobs wanting to go mach 3 with ther hair on fire can't visualize what could go wrong. Those of us unfortunate enough to have done crater duty know exactly what could go wrong.[:/]

DougH...:)
How about if you, and JohnMitchell and I , form an alliance :o:)B|
and then we will simply,
"stand off to the side, with a beer in our hand" ,,,, grinning..:o:DB|;)

cause i think rss_v has earned MY vote..:o;)

He ISSSssssss "the weakest link" hahahah rememebr that lady, with the glasses, who asked the questions???? on that Show??? hahahaha......she was great...

:)jmy

mjosparky

I am not sure but I think I smell roast troll.

rss v

I'm not "trolling" - sure, I predicted this question would see some passionate responses, but it was still a genuine question. There are loads of things I would never ask my DZ in person, and aren't you glad I did ask someone at all instead of just trying it?

"Boogies" seem to be mostly about drinking and taking your clothes off. Like every other sport. I'm not socially functional or capable which is why I failed in conventional sports and turned to strange activities like skydiving. If I went to a boogie would I be shunned and disliked if I just wanted to jump and not perform homoerotic dances with my instructors or wax my legs on a makeshift stage in the hangar while four-way teams vomit in synchrony?

I rest my case.

Sparky
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

If I went to a boogie would I be shunned and disliked if I just wanted to jump and not perform homoerotic dances with my instructors or wax my legs on a makeshift stage in the hangar while four-way teams vomit in synchrony?

I haven't done any of that either and I've had great times and met a lot of nice people at many, many boogies.

Meh I'm socialy inept too, But he does have a small point.
I dont get shunned in the jumping areas of boogies, but being a non-drinker / non-druggie, I also dont get invited to the "party pit". (nor do i stand on the side drinking beer watching)
The saving grace is that I don't give fat rats arse about it any ways, and Im not sick or hung over in the morning:ph34r:
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Meh I'm socialy inept too, But he does have a small point.
I dont get shunned in the jumping areas of boogies, but being a non-drinker / non-druggie, I also dont get invited to the "party pit". (nor do i stand on the side drinking beer watching)
The saving grace is that I don't give fat rats arse about it any ways, and Im not sick or hung over in the morning:ph34r:

I thought it was just because you were old that you went to bed at 7pm:ph34r::P
Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.

rememebr that lady, with the glasses, who asked the questions???? on that Show??? hahahaha......she was great...

:)jmy

Anne Robinson. You're welcome to her - I'm sure she's a very nice lady in reality, but I can't bear her TV persona!

I did hear they thought she might not go over so well in the States, because you guys apparently have a lower tolerance for rudeness. For me, you can be scathing as long as you have the wit to carry it off. But she doesn't.

what boogie is that ? can I get an invite ? :)
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

bwhahaha i thought that sounded fun too! :):)

to the OP, I am one of those party people and I have plenty of non-partying friends in skydiving. We hang out during the day while jumping, they go do their thing at night (we might do dinner together) but then I stay and get shit faced and cause trouble ;) Next morning we do our jumping thing together. Or they taunt me while I nurse my hangover :D

The key to it is not judging. I don't make them do what I want; they don't make me do what they want. And we accept each others choices. That's the key. If you go around the next day saying what godless heathens we are and how stupid and disgusting how we want to play is, yea then you'll have a problem fitting in.

bwhahaha i thought that sounded fun too! :):)
you should come to Empuriabrava Xmas boogie :):):$
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

I'm siding with rss_v in this thread. He's come under a lot of fire for posting a hypothetical question.

Are you siding with him because you feel bad he seems to be ganged up on? or do you actually think his "hypothetical" question is a good idea?

I'm siding with rss_v in this thread. He's come under a lot of fire for posting a hypothetical question.

Are you siding with him because you feel bad he seems to be ganged up on? or do you actually think his "hypothetical" question is a good idea?

Considering that Quagmirian came under a lot of fire in the Swooper forum, I'd guess the former. You posted in the thread.
Both of these guys asked questions. Maybe not the best questions, but I'll never hammer on someone for asking.
But when they get answers like "don't do it, it's dangerous" and then dismiss those answers, regardless of the experience of the people giving the answer...

They're gonna come under fire, get ganged up on, get hammered on.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

It's not the fact he asked the question, it's the fact that after it was explained to him the many reasons it was a bad idea he came back on here to say he didn't see how it could possibly be that bad. That put him in the short bus to me.

It's not the fact he asked the question, it's the fact that after it was explained to him the many reasons it was a bad idea he came back on here to say he didn't see how it could possibly be that bad. That put him in the short bus to me.

I hope he doesn't stick his head up.
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

It's not the fact he asked the question, it's the fact that after* it was explained to him the many reasons it was a bad idea he came back on here to say he didn't see how it could possibly be that bad. That put him in the short bus to me.

*before