skyjumpenfool

We saw your boobs....

I don't think all nudity (or all violence or swearing) in movies is gratuitous. Sometimes it is but not always.

Fair question. Because it is gratuitous. It is done just for the flash of seeing her breasts. I remember when Halle Berry went topless in Swordfish. The stir was about how much she demanded to do it. At that point, it's almost like prostitution, isn't it? I've seen the movie. Her breasts were completely unnecessary to the plot. I'm not complaining...they were nice. I'm just saying they did not add to her talent, but the fact that it cost extra is indicative of what it was really about.

Think of it this way...would Hamlet be enhanced from an artistic standpoint if the fights involved more graphic violence with blood spurting everywhere? I don't think so. It would just be for shock value...gratuitous. I would have less respect for the actors who were part of that.

Please understand that I am not saying their work doesn't have value. I like action movies. Let's face it...not the height of acting art, is it? I was really fond of Ann Hathaway in skin tight leather on a motorcycle in the latest Dark Knight. But that wasn't about acting talent, was it? I just think that once you show your breasts, you are indicating that you are not shooting for the artistic pinnacle of the trade.

"What if there were no hypothetical questions?"

That was hysterical. I was surprised Seth could sing that well.

Personally, I lose respect for an actress when she shows her breasts. It's not necessary for any plot. Hard to take you seriously as an actress after that.

I guess being in Europe is not making a difference huh....:ph34r:

For gods sake stay away from the beaches while you are over there.

Human bodies... kind of a natural thing.

Just saying that she has a long history of getting the puppies out on camera (TV and Film) and TBH she's still got a nice rack given her age.

As far as sex and nudity being gratuitous in films have you seen 9 songs. No gratuitous nudity there:P:)

Atheism is a Non-Prophet Organisation

Just saying that she has a long history of getting the puppies out on camera (TV and Film) and TBH she's still got a nice rack given her age.

As far as sex and nudity being gratuitous in films have you seen 9 songs. No gratuitous nudity there:P:)

It is unfortunate... but American TV and hence most American males do not get to see much boobage on TV... hence their comical reactions to getting to see one once in a great while.

Think of it this way...would Hamlet be enhanced from an artistic standpoint if the fights involved more graphic violence with blood spurting everywhere? I don't think so. It would just be for shock value...gratuitous. I would have less respect for the actors who were part of that.

I take it you were not a fan of Spartacus on Starz... or 300

Personally, I lose respect for an actress when she shows her breasts. It's not necessary for any plot. Hard to take you seriously as an actress after that.

I don't have much opinion on the moral side of this? I just thought the reactions of the women (and, the people in the crowd around them as well) was priceless when they were reminded that "we saw your boobs". :P
Birdshit & Fools Productions

"Son, only two things fall from the sky."

Thanks for sharing (and Ryoder for the new link). What a funny song, reminded me of 50s/60s songs the way it was arranged (but they wouldn't have sung a text like that in those days, at least in public, huh? ;) )

The sky is not the limit. The ground is.

The Society of Skydiving Ducks

The movie 300 was AWESOME with the blood spraying and gratuitious violence! Even during the movie ending credits. :D:D:D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

The movie 300 was AWESOME with the blood spraying and gratuitious violence! Even during the movie ending credits. :D:D:D

Then you REALLLY need to get Spartacus. They must have made up tanker truck loads of movie blood for that series.:)

Hi Dave,

I just don't see that breasts add to the credibility of an actress's talent.

I agree with this.

Why are we limited to breasts? Shouldn't vaginas be showing up larger than life?

Check the first couple of scenes in the movie FLIGHT with Denzel. B|

Neither you nor I am the target audience; it is the 18-25 yr old. And they are the ones who tweet about seeing boobies in a movie; leading to more young'uns going to lookie, and spend their $$$$.

JerryBaumchen

I watched "The Sessions" recently, with Helen Hunt baring her boobs in a scene that was completely integral to the plot, actually.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

I think you misunderstand. I don't care if the actress or someone on the beach or whatever wants to show off their body. It's not an issue or morality. I just don't equate that with being taken seriously as an actress. I'm sure it could be done in a way that was pertinent to the plot and I would have to think otherwise. But I can't recall a shot of breasts in a movie that wasn't gratuitous. Again, if that makes her a greater actress, why aren't the men whipping out their penises to be taken more seriously as actors?

300 was great for what it was. But it was hardly serious theater. It was a comic book made into a movie. I didn't see the new Spartacus. The original didn't need gore to be a great movie. Did the new one?
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

It is unfortunate... but American TV and hence most American males do not get to see much boobage on TV... hence their comical reactions to getting to see one once in a great while.

Amazon has it right, I think American entertainment is generally pretty prudish (there are obvious exceptions).
I see no problem with boobies - they are nice to look at, and I don't think it's done for shock value.
Never try to eat more than you can lift

Again, if that makes her a greater actress, why aren't the men whipping out their penises to be taken more seriously as actors?

A penis is considered a genital, as is a vagina. They are not in the same category as boobies. Even in remote Africa, the women don't cover their breasts, but both men and women cover their genitals (from what I gather from the media).
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Again, if that makes her a greater actress, why aren't the men whipping out their penises to be taken more seriously as actors?

A penis is considered a genital, as is a vagina. They are not in the same category as boobies. Even in remote Africa, the women don't cover their breasts, but both men and women cover their genitals (from what I gather from the media).

but not for reasons of modesty or prudishness. those areas are much more susceptible to damage and are covered more for protection than anything else.

Unless of course they have been brainwashed and guilted by the various "ministries" that invade remote areas.
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Female nudity on film is not just about the tits but about vulnerability in an intimate situation. We're Ok with seeing female boobs because it's not as big of a deal as the vag and as a society we really don't want to see dongs on the big screen. It's just where we are, no more not less. Don't make a big deal out of it.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

Also - IMO genitals of either sort are not so aesthetically pleasing!

So says Stumpy! :P
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

So says Stumpy! :P

:D:D