ZigZagMarquis

Who remembers Archie Bunker?

Ah geeeezzzz dare. When Archie was a kid he was pour dare. He wore a shoe on one foot, and a boot on the other so the other kids called him "shoe-booty" True story! He told that story him self. Edith dare!!??!!?? (My wife's name is Edith, drives me nuts)
-Richard-
"You're Holding The Rope And I'm Taking The Fall"

I remember Archie, but my parents never allowed me to watch that show and I never really watched much of it in reruns. I don't even know the answer! :$

She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

skymama

I remember Archie, but my parents never allowed me to watch that show and I never really watched much of it in reruns. I don't even know the answer! :$

My parents never let me watch it, either; or Mash, and a few others they determined were too "worldly." [:/]

Maybe, that's the reason I'm am not consistent with the shoe-sock thing. One day it's sock-sock, the next it's sock-shoe. :D
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

"Boy , the way Glenn Miller Played " !!!!!
"songs that made the HIT parade"
"guys like US we had it MADE "
"Those were the days"..

Archie was one of TV's first "envelope Pushers" (actually Norman Lear was ) ..
not sure if that was Good or Bad....[:/]
I certainly Did cringe... when certain things would come out of his mouth !!!

I DO remember the shoe-booty story.. :)..and many other details from the show...

..as for me ,,,
sock sock shoe shoe...B|

jimmy

jimmytavino

Best thing it the world to do to racism is to shine the bright light of comedy on it. It's too easy to forget that we were only a few years past the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and much of the country held views similar to Archie's. Carrol O'Connor set himself up to the be the buffoon, so that the country could see how ridiculous many long held prejudices were.

Andy9o8

sock & sock, then shoe & shoe. now do it that way for the rest of your life.

But what if there's a fire? You put on two socks and have to walk around getting wet feet because of all the water being sprayed around. I have on one sock and one shoe and can hop around on one foot and stay dry.

Wow, I'm getting old. No google or anything involved there.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

jimmytavino

"Boy , the way Glenn Miller Played " !!!!!
"songs that made the HIT parade"
"guys like US we had it MADE "
"Those were the days"..

Archie was one of TV's first "envelope Pushers" (actually Norman Lear was ) ..
I certainly Did cringe... when certain things would come out of his mouth !!!

I DO remember the shoe-booty story.. :)..and many other details from the show...

..as for me ,,,
sock sock shoe shoe...B|

jimmy

All in the Family and The Jeffersons were the greatest and funniest shows ever!! The Jeffersons was an offshoot from All in the Family. Archie and George were probably the most politically incorrect characters of the 70's, but they were hysterical. :D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

grimmie

One of the best shows in TV history.

The episode where Sammy Davis Jr. leaves his briefcase in Archie's cab is the best.

Flip flop, flip flop for me.B|

Archie Bunker: Now, no prejudice intended, but, you know, I always check with the Bible on these here things. I think that, I mean if God had meant for us to be together, he'da put us together. But look what he done. He put you over in Africa, and put the rest of us in all the white countries.

Sammy Davis Jr.: Well, he must've told 'em where we were because somebody came and got us.

:D

Ref: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0509913/quotes
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

~ Years ago the wife & I were having lunch in Malibu, really nice restaurant on the beach.

On the floor under the table I see a credit card, it's a platinum American Express with the name Carroll O'Connor on it! :o

I walked over to the manager and handed it to him saying I believe Archie Bunker dropped this. :D

When we finished lunch, the manager came over saying - Mr. O'Connor wishes to express his gratitude ~ he picked up your check. B|

...we always use to joke - If only I'd found it at a Porsche dealership! ;)

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

How funny- we watched All in the Family and MASH together in our living room as a family- but I wasn't allowed to watch Saturday morning cartoons or have a Barbie doll!

(that said, I don't remember the shoe/ sock episode............)

JohnMitchell

Best thing it the world to do to racism is to shine the bright light of comedy on it. It's too easy to forget that we were only a few years past the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and too much of the country holds views similar to Archie's. Carrol O'Connor set himself up to the be the buffoon, so that the country could see how ridiculous many long held prejudices were.
FIFY [:/]

ZigZagMarquis

How do you put on your socks and shoes?

I saw this 20 years ago and might not remember it correctly and im not going to google it so I hope its close. Great scene where Edith is explaining her charity work to Archie.

Edith: Archie I'm bringing hope to the hopeless and cheer to the cheerless!

Archie: How about you bring some beer to the beerless.

kallend

I even remember the prototype for Archie Bunker; Alf Garnett.

I had forgotten that was a remake of a UK show.
How did the UK version compare to the 'Merkun show?
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.