riddler

Creative Marriage Proposals

Ladies, if a man proposes to you with writing on the windshield of his car, I strongly advise you NOT to say "No". Even if you don't like him (although he may even be the father of your children), I might suggest "Maybe", and then let him down later, when he's too intoxicated to hurt you.

http://www.postchronicle.com/news/strange/article_212399213.shtml

Francisco Hernandez, 22, figured the time was right to ask his long term girlfriend and mother of his children to marry him. He plastered "Stacy Will You Marry Me" on the back window of his car and drove off to ask for her hand in marriage.

Hernandez wasn't expected to hear “No” to his request.

Feeling rejected and outraged, he attempted to run the love of his life down with his car. According to reports, Hernandez’s car just missed the mother of his children—-went over curb, across the sidewalk, crashing through bushes and eventually ended up in a Burger King parking lot.

He drove from there with two flat tires and abandoned the car shortly after. Witnesses told the police where to locate the vehicle.

Hernandez was found close to the area and arrested without incident. He possessed a bouquet of flowers in his hand at the time.

Likewise, if a man proposes to you and gives you a pink handgun as a token, it might be a good idea to wait until later to break his heart. Or any weapon for that matter. Same to be said if he's an air traffic controller. In fact, maybe just dump the loser before he has a chance to propose.
Trapped on the surface of a sphere. XKCD

True story.

OK...we've all seen the proposals at the DZ with the tandem couple and the proposal signs in the landing area for the lady.

One guy decided it would be a good idea to spell it out in flour on the grass. All went well and he got his "Yes!"

Now for the rest of the story...

We, not thinking, paid it no mind the next day.

Another couple come in and does the tandem. She, on landing, sees the flour that's still in the LZ and thinks it's for her. "YES!"

HE, OTOH, denying all responsibility for the sign and after getting bitch-slapped, went home by himself...hitchhiking.
B|

The assumption is he was not murdered because we didn't read about him in the papers.
:D:D:D

My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Another couple come in and does the tandem. She, on landing, sees the flour that's still in the LZ and thinks it's for her. "YES!"

HE, OTOH, denying all responsibility for the sign and after getting bitch-slapped, went home by himself...hitchhiking.

Now that is funny :D
Trapped on the surface of a sphere. XKCD

+10 :D:D:D
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

+10 :D:D:D

Hi

This accidental failure to communicate has all kinds of possibilities. Especially if the bride/groom to be (not) paid for the video:ph34r:

R.
One Jump Wonder

While it was not a marriage proposal, I did win over the lady who would become my girlfriend, and later wife of 11 years with a skydive formation shaped like the "I Love You" hand sign, which then transitioned to the 3 letter spelling of her name. She was blown away.

Thanks to George Ireland, wherever you are, for your help. B|

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

If I ever do it again.....and that is a BIG IF....I think I'll do somethign classy and nice.

Hang a sign around my dick and just stand there like...yeah I just hung a sign on my dick asking you to marry me.

Maybe add some LED lights? I'm not 100% sure.
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

If I ever do it again.....and that is a BIG IF....I think I'll do somethign classy and nice.

Hang a sign around my dick and just stand there like...yeah I just hung a sign on my dick asking you to marry me.

Maybe add some LED lights? I'm not 100% sure.

Careful, you don't wanna suspend all that weight off something so small.
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

Ha ha! ;)
Or where I'll have to hold the pesky power box for the LED's!

Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

Funny, A few years ago at the Ranch NY. The plan, I open a little high with the girl giving Jimmy the other TM with the guy time to land first, student takes off jumpsuit, has tux on underneath, friends already unrolled huge banner saying "Will You Marry Me?' So now he's waiting, all set with ring and roses, on one knee. We turn final and I say to girl. "Hey look there's a message for you". There's a pause and she says to me "but I hardly know you" I stifle my laugh and say "No look, it's your boyfriend waiting for you" She figured it out, we land, she says yes, happy ending. We sure laughed later.

I just learned that a Marine at my embassy proposed to his girlfriend (successfully) after they both completed their tandems in Las Vegas. It would have been recent -- probably Feb or March-ish timeframe.

Was anyone here at that one? Trying to track down video or photos as a surprise to him (he's stationed here without her due to the circumstances of the job).
See the upside, and always wear your parachute! -- Christopher Titus

Shut Up & Jump!

I just learned that a Marine at my embassy proposed to his girlfriend (successfully) after they both completed their tandems in Las Vegas. It would have been recent -- probably Feb or March-ish timeframe.

Was anyone here at that one? Trying to track down video or photos as a surprise to him (he's stationed here without her due to the circumstances of the job).

Okay, still trying to find out if anyone knows of this one! :S

(although the other posts have been entertaining too!)
:D:D
See the upside, and always wear your parachute! -- Christopher Titus

Shut Up & Jump!

popsjumper

True story.

OK...we've all seen the proposals at the DZ with the tandem couple and the proposal signs in the landing area for the lady.

One guy decided it would be a good idea to spell it out in flour on the grass. All went well and he got his "Yes!"

Now for the rest of the story...

B|

The assumption is he was not murdered because we didn't read about him in the papers.
:D:D:D

I just laughed really really hard at this......

poor (former) couple