grue

So who's cooking what for overly-commercialized showing-of-affections day?

garlic & herb-marinated bocconcini for an appetizer

Spinach & ricotta toasted ravioli in a rosé sauce with grilled chorizo and prawns

then off to Ben & Jerry's for brownie sundaes*, with a brief visit to the bathroom when we get home so I can puke it all up to avoid putting on the 8 pounds that would otherwise accompany all of that :D

*I would normally do my best-in-the-universe key lime pie but I've been unwell this week and haven't had the time to source everything I need, but she'll be OK with this… or at least she better be :D
cavete terrae.

grue

Spinach & ricotta toasted ravioli in a rosé sauce with grilled chorizo and prawns

then off to Ben & Jerry's for brownie sundaes*, with a brief visit to the bathroom when we get home so I can puke it all up to avoid putting on the 8 pounds that would otherwise accompany all of that :D

*I would normally do my best-in-the-universe key lime pie but I've been unwell this week and haven't had the time to source everything I need, but she'll be OK with this… or at least she better be :D

Making Beer Can Chicken at the moment.

Prolly an eggplant something casserole tomorrow.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

grue

mmm chicken…

…not sure about eggplant, though. Never had it, it scares me.

Very very yummy.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

A diplomat's job is never done. I'm attending a dinner tonight. Thought about turning on the beer light here in the office, but remembered I still have to be on my game until about 10 pm tonight! [:/]

See the upside, and always wear your parachute! -- Christopher Titus

Shut Up & Jump!

It'll depend on what presents itself as I stroll down the meat aisle, but prolly a steak au poivre, sweet potatoes, whatever veggie looks nice and fresh, and a salad.

This is always a tough day for me: I love my wife and want to make her happy on the day, but my overwhelming sense of FUCK YOU toward how commercialized this crap has become makes it hard not to just crawl under a rock and sleep on the couch out of spite. So, a nice dinner and a gift she needs (instead of the bazillion dollar diamond that the industry thinks I should buy her) is how things go down.

Elvisio "Olympic lifting shoes aren't sexy, but the squats make her ass defy gravity" Rodriguez

grue

mmm chicken…

…not sure about eggplant, though. Never had it, it scares me.

It has a taste/texture similar to commercial carpet padding.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

grue

That's funny because my Key Lime Pie is the BEST in the universe!! :P
Always be kinder than you feel.

LuckyMcSwervy

***garlic & herb-marinated bocconcini for an appetizer

http://heahea.org/img/389-Impossibru.jpg
cavete terrae.

grue

******garlic & herb-marinated bocconcini for an appetizer

http://heahea.org/img/389-Impossibru.jpg

:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:
Always be kinder than you feel.

LuckyMcSwervy

Best be lookin' over your shoulder 'cause Vskydiver's gaining on ya. She makes a pretty good one too.

Tonight our son flies in and we've got house guests and dinner guests, so won't be the cozy romantic evening, but we've got plenty of those ahead and behind. :)
Since I'm cooking, it will be steak and baked potatoes, fresh homemade dinner rolls, some kind of salad and a veggie thing or two. Oh, and wine. Duh. B|

Jaeger schnitzel with spaetzle, beets and applesauce.

Asked TLML is she wanted to go out or if she'd let me cook. She chose the second option, fortunately W-D had some beautiful veal cutlets on sale this morning.

Was tasty, even if I say so meself. :$

Faster horses, younger women, older whiskey, more money.

Why do they call it "Tourist Season" if we can't shoot them?

grue

I'm gonna need the recipe for that...

I'll swap you for my bacon and cheese Yorkshire puddings or lamb moussaka.