LuckyMcSwervy

If You Could Summer Anywhere Where Would You Go?

LuckyMcSwervy

You get to close up your house, lawn gets cut and watered, mail forwarded, nothing could go wrong at home so there's no excuse to keep you there all summer. You've been given May-September off from your job (paid vacation), so you can't use work as an excuse.

All you have to do is pick a town and find a great place to live like a local for a while.

Where are you going?? B|

As it happens, that sounds like my recent summers.

2014 I will be on a sailboat in the Aegean, cruising the islands.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

I love reading all of the ways everyone would spend their time. They all sound so wonderful!

It's a very rainy weekend here and I'm laying in bed with my kitty purring loudly, listening to the rain pour down and I'm Googling away, looking up places to visit (or settle down) one day.

Lazy, dreamy Saturday!! :$

Here's another question....

Would you want to go alone or with a loved one? I've been alone for quite a while and I really wish I had a significant other to travel with me. Sharing experiences and activities is really important to a mush mush like me. :$

One day!! :)

Always be kinder than you feel.

oldwomanc6

Sign me up for the road trip version! B|

A mix of hotels, resorts, cabins, lodges, etc… Stay a few days here, a week there, or just head out with no destination for part of it. That sounds like fun! :)

Exactly what I had in mind. Just one summer like that would be so much fun.

JohnMitchell

South of France? Mais oui! B|

Seattle is awesome in the summer. It's the payback for all those winter rains. That's why I'll take my summer right here, almost every year. :)

yep sure is. Except the traffic.

I highly recommend the ferry rides to beat the traffic to all the second timers. And ecourage them to wear shorts and t shirts so they can enjoy the B| ride on the deck.
One Jump Wonder

I love living where I do in the Pacific NorthWET.

I grew up in a climatologically abusive family. We spent WINTERS in WISCONSIN and then as soon as school was out, I was put on a plane to Atlanta where I would change planes to a Southern Airways DC-3 to finish the trip to Tampa where my grandparents would pick me up. SUMMERS IN FLORIDA... yeah... seriously abusive.

Hence I LOVE the mild winters here where it rarely freezes in winter and summers are GORGEOUS and rarely hot.

In a few short years I will retire and I will be spending summers in a very similar summer environment searching for dead ancestors in Northern Ireland, Scotland and the North of England. My permanent home for the summer will be a small Pilothouse Motorsailor so I can move from small port to other small villages along the Irish Sea. I plan on taking trips inland to places I know my First Immigrants came from. I have tracked back when about 18 different family lines left the British Isles and arrived in America in the 1600's.

When the weather starts to turn to the stormy season I will have the boat hauled and stored up on the hard for the winter. The following spring when the weather starts to get nice in late April.. a phone call the boat yard should get the boat on the way to getting back into the water when I arrive.

Amazon

I love living where I do in the Pacific NorthWET.

I grew up in a climatologically abusive family. We spent WINTERS in WISCONSIN and then as soon as school was out, I was put on a plane to Atlanta where I would change planes to a Southern Airways DC-3 to finish the trip to Tampa where my grandparents would pick me up. SUMMERS IN FLORIDA... yeah... seriously abusive.

Hence I LOVE the mild winters here where it rarely freezes in winter and summers are GORGEOUS and rarely hot.

In a few short years I will retire and I will be spending summers in a very similar summer environment searching for dead ancestors in Northern Ireland, Scotland and the North of England. My permanent home for the summer will be a small Pilothouse Motorsailor so I can move from small port to other small villages along the Irish Sea. I plan on taking trips inland to places I know my First Immigrants came from. I have tracked back when about 18 different family lines left the British Isles and arrived in America in the 1600's.

When the weather starts to turn to the stormy season I will have the boat hauled and stored up on the hard for the winter. The following spring when the weather starts to get nice in late April.. a phone call the boat yard should get the boat on the way to getting back into the water when I arrive.

Holy shit. THAT is cool!! B|B|B|
Always be kinder than you feel.

kallend

***You get to close up your house, lawn gets cut and watered, mail forwarded, nothing could go wrong at home so there's no excuse to keep you there all summer. You've been given May-September off from your job (paid vacation), so you can't use work as an excuse.

All you have to do is pick a town and find a great place to live like a local for a while.

Where are you going?? B|

Keep in touch. It would be cool if you would consider a port call to Turkey. I'll be on the coast for Independence Day weekend!
See the upside, and always wear your parachute! -- Christopher Titus

Shut Up & Jump!

LuckyMcSwervy

You get to close up your house, lawn gets cut and watered, mail forwarded, nothing could go wrong at home so there's no excuse to keep you there all summer. You've been given May-September off from your job (paid vacation), so you can't use work as an excuse.

Where are you going?? B|

Kilmore Quay in Ireland. Perfect seaside fishing village. Close enough to Rosslare Harbour that I can catch a ferry over to the UK or France anytime I want for a weekend.

My work has eaten up my spare time for several years. I would spend the DREAM summer at the airport where I keep my airplanes. Park a camper there, work on my projects, fly everyday, invite friends out to jump a couple of times a week, sit around the camp fire with friends after jumping, cook outs, take family and friends for airplane rides, and relax. Pretty boring, but I haven't had enough aviation time in years. One good summer would put a band aid on the soul until retirement.

Amazon

******Oh.. did I mention a couple cabana boys for crew.....:)

damn sounds great to bad I am to old to be a cabana boy :P

Rick.....Dear...... would you REALLLLLLY want to put up with Amazon as the captain of a yacht?????:ph34r:

Yes please.:)
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

LuckyMcSwervy

Where are you going?? B|

imdoing it now:PB|
Chillin like a MoFo on Caye Caulker swimming in the Caribbean monB|B|:D

EVERYTHING IS AWESOME :)
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Diving the Great Barrier Reef and hang gliding in Australia are both on my bucket list and co-located. Since it is the least likely part of my list, I would probably go there.
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

TriGirl

******You get to close up your house, lawn gets cut and watered, mail forwarded, nothing could go wrong at home so there's no excuse to keep you there all summer. You've been given May-September off from your job (paid vacation), so you can't use work as an excuse.

Where are you going?? B|

Keep in touch. It would be cool if you would consider a port call to Turkey. I'll be on the coast for Independence Day weekend!

We will be in Istanbul but not until the end of July.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

kallend

We will be in Istanbul but not until the end of July.

Drag. I'll be in Belgium by then. Oh well -- have fun!:)
See the upside, and always wear your parachute! -- Christopher Titus

Shut Up & Jump!

Amazon

******Oh.. did I mention a couple cabana boys for crew.....:)

damn sounds great to bad I am to old to be a cabana boy :P

Rick.....Dear...... would you REALLLLLLY want to put up with Amazon as the captain of a yacht?????:ph34r:

Glad I checked back..
wow Amazon... Your Sailing Voyage and Ancestral Quest sounds like a Great Idea

I may have to change my mind about Scandinavia, after all... or EVEN Better !!! AFTER a month there :)accomplishing that " earth " exit and safe canopy descent ;) ...

I WOULD be honored to rendezvous with The RED Captain and her crew...B| if they'd have me...
We Visited that part of the world once. It has amazing scenery and vistas
OH LMcSwervy....It's absolutely near an Ocean.. so YOU might consider coming along too.!!!! :)Call me Ishmael !! ;)