promise5

The rules and guidelines for buying beer and firsts?

don't say the f-word. a hint, this is my initial time responding to one of your posts. see how i did that? if anyone asks me if that was my first time, i can honsestly say no.

sfzombie13

don't say the f-word. a hint, this is my initial time responding to one of your posts. see how i did that? if anyone asks me if that was my first time, i can honsestly say no.

this. If you say the f word. You owe.;)
i have on occasion been accused of pulling low . My response. Naw I wasn't low I'm just such a big guy I look closer than I really am .

Hmmm.

With the importance of beer, and the fanatacism skydivers have for "firsts", do you think maybe, just maybe this has come up before?

Do you think maybe, just maybe we have discussed what the Beer Rules might be?

Hint: Try the 2nd and 4th on the list. They both have the specific rules listed in a post on the first page.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

keithbar

***don't say the f-word. a hint, this is my initial time responding to one of your posts. see how i did that? if anyone asks me if that was my first time, i can honsestly say no.

this. If you say the f word. You owe.;)

Aaahhhhh you are both ao very wise!!!:D:D:D
No matter how slowly you say oranges it never sounds like gullible.
Believe me I tried.

Beer is about more than beer. It's about sharing your experience with other people, and just like any other experience-sharing, they've probably heard it before, so if you ply them with beer (or cookies, or anything else that is built for sharing like that), they'll stick around and listen to you talk about it, and then talk back to you.

It's not just bribing, it's a standard, known, way to fit into this community, and to help keep it a community.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

That's something that's amazed me. I know I went on and on about my jumps, yet everyone was so sweet and listened and didn't treat me like this new kid that was boring them to tears. I'm the newest newbie at my DZ, most of them being veteran jumpers and yet everyone's been great. Even on here ya'll have been so great!!
No matter how slowly you say oranges it never sounds like gullible.
Believe me I tried.

promise5

That's something that's amazed me. I know I went on and on about my jumps, yet everyone was so sweet and listened and didn't treat me like this new kid that was boring them to tears. I'm the newest newbie at my DZ, most of them being veteran jumpers and yet everyone's been great. Even on here ya'll have been so great!!

And that's all due to beer. Drinking beer, or looking forward to drinking beer. Just imagine what a bunch of grumpy rude jerks all those people would be if it hadn't been for your beer. Keep 'em lubricated, or else! At least until some other newbie comes along that is even newer than you. Then you can start easing your way out of it...

Any competent instructor should have covered this area thoroughly in your FJC.:)
Bottom line is......beer is relatively cheap....the camaraderie it inspires is relatively priceless.

No-brainer.

Don

"When in doubt I whip it out,
I got me a rock-and-roll band.
It's a free-for-all."

promise5

Anyone else like to take a try at explaining the other reason all of the veteran jumpers are being so nice?
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

promise5

There has to be a list or guidelines for having to buy beer. Crud if not I'll be buying non stop. :P

While not saying the f work for every little thing is correct, buying beer for your true monumental firsts is about more than supplying beer to all the cheap asses that don't buy beer anymore. It's about taking part in the DZ culture and getting to know the people that hang out at the end of the day. (although this is becoming uncommon in many places)

One of my first weekends at the DZ after hours I brought all the liquor we had from home and mixed drinks on the tailgate of my truck in front of the hanger. I got a few shitty looks when I pulled my truck up in front of the hanger like I owned the place and I think I remember a few "you can't park there" comments.

All was good when I dropped the tailgate.

airdvr

Anyone else like to take a try at explaining the other reason all of the veteran jumpers are being so nice?

now the pic. Says she is a cute blonde. I have yet to see any evidence that she has huge jugs. Yet.;):D
i have on occasion been accused of pulling low . My response. Naw I wasn't low I'm just such a big guy I look closer than I really am .

airdvr

now the pic. Says she is a cute blonde. I have yet to see any evidence that she has huge jugs. Yet.;):D

It's not about the size;
It's about the fact she has them, and 86% of skydivers don't.:P
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

ryoder

It's not about the size;
It's about the fact she has them, and 86% of skydivers don't.:P

She's going to be beating the worms off with a stick out there. ;)
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

promise5

There has to be a list or guidelines for having to buy beer. Crud if not I'll be buying non stop. :P

I am of the opinion that if you can afford to skydive, you can afford to show your gratitude every once in a while (yes, in the form of beer). As someone rightly pointed out, beer is a relatively cheap way to share, to bond, and to show people you appreciate everything (and everyone) that has gone into making your day so awesome. I think it's a little bit of paying it forward. Because you will eventually run out of firsts and realise it's you drinking the free beer and enjoying the dumb look of sheer joy on the newbie's face... You will be the one cringing at the utter wrecklessness/idiocy of this stupid kid and forgetting that you, once, probably made a far worse ass of yourself when you were new to the sport. You will dish out (moderately) good advice - advice the newbie won't follow... But hey, you don't care - you have a nice cool (and free!) beer in your hand - life is good!! :)
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss