superstu

lowest pulled

not certain... my cypres opened my reserve. I was having fun on a 2 way with a friend and suddenly he opened 2 seconds later I feel the pull. We were having so much fun we forgot to open. Got myself a warning from the dropzone and landed in the middle of the city with cars and electricity polls everywhere. Very scary.:o

About 600 feet; opened and had about a 10 second canopy ride. The ground rush was unbelievable and no, there was no AAD of course. I still shudder when I think about that jump[:/]

on a skydive whith a xfire 99 as a main and a microraven g120 as a reserve,i were under the main at 1024ft(protrack/jump track graff)

lowest freefall is 180ft(BASE)

lowest jump 143ft(SL/BASE)

the jump i were in biggest dangere were at the skydive:ph34r::D

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

Low enough to just be able to turn into the wind and land.

I did a "hop and pop" to fill a load with some of my friends doing their first jump (Static Line), and forgot that we were at 3000. I did some nice sit-flying, and then I saw the ground rise up to smite me from the corner of my eye. Stupidly went for the main in the heat of the moment. I was lucky to live, it was probably in the region of 500 feet. If I was jumping my own canopy, which sometimes snivels for over 500 feet.... you do the math [:/].

--
ZZZzzzz....

I once heard a canopy opening at treetop level! Jumped up, saw the students girlfriend running up to me screaming "Take me to him! I want to see him!". Of course, I was thinking "I don't think you want to see what's left of him" and told her that people were on the way to bring him back. I knew that in the direction I heard the noise was mostly open fields.
Saw video of what happened. Student (off-duty cop) static line square, slow spin, no line over, but slow spin. After he ignored calls on the radio to check canopy, check canopy, check canopy and did nothing, he was told to prepare for landing. His idea of preparing for landing was chopping at about 600-700ft. Reserve bag came out on RSL, but canopy STAYED IN THE BAG!! He fell for about another 6ish seconds (if I remember correctly, but it was a LONG-ASS TIME!!). Video shows him going past tree-level with no canopy out. What happened was the canopy came out of the bag just in time to snag on the top branches of a thin line of trees going alongside the road!! Took 3 hours to get him out of the trees, and he went straight out on duty! Had no idea how lucky he was...........

Hobbes: "How come we play 'War' and not 'Peace'?"
Calvin: "Too few role models."

Out of the Otter this year at Richmond on the "High Speed LOOOOW Pass". Out at 1700 under canopy at 700. I was first out, and my dumb ass actually waited until the dude that came out after me pulled before I pulled. Never got the ground rush 'cause I kept looking up. Hell of a Rush a rush nonetheless.
Nice opening though.

Coming soon to a bowl of Wheaties near you!!

my lowest pull has been 1200. That was a few months ago. We had an awsome 4 way going and just kept turning points and lost altitude awareness. I new somethig was not right and looked at my alti and noticed that we just went through 2k. At that point the Puker Factor took over, I traced away and pulled at 1200!!!! Talk about knees shaking and adrenaline pumping!!! I was so thankful for a fast opening and no sniffle!!!!

Drake
drakeshelby

Had to be about 2600 feet on a reserve ride? Break off was 4500 ft on a hybrid (and we were cookin'...Protrack said highest speed was 199MPH - I think that was reading a lil' high though)...I took an extra second before tracking because the hanger on our hybrid pulled up a smidge when he released and I ended up kicking him in the head as I broke off. Luckily my boot hit the top of his helmet, not his face. :$ I watched him fall away underneath me as I tracked to make sure he was still conscious -we had eye contact, he was Ok...

I tracked, waved and pulled (but didn't do anything at all to slow my speed before deploy...[:/] ...very dumb, Jaye...) HARD slammer >ouchy<...left brake line released as the slider hit, then the slack wrapped the slider on the left...pulled the left quarter of the canopy into a spiral...I tried to clear for about 4-5 revolutions (time was weird so I'm not sure how long that was) then chopped it. Under the reserve above 2k, but less than 3k. :)
I always pull at 4,000ft now. :)
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

Out of the Otter this year at Richmond on the "High Speed LOOOOW Pass". Out at 1700 under canopy at 700. I was first out, and my dumb ass actually waited until the dude that came out after me pulled before I pulled. Never got the ground rush 'cause I kept looking up. Hell of a Rush a rush nonetheless.
Nice opening though.

I think it was closer to 1600...but what the hell is the difference right?:D...remember good ole...well Ill leave his name out... that did the 1600 foot jump and like you waited until the next person was out...then the next...then the next (his protrack showed a 12 second delay and opening at 600)

me personally...about 800-900feet..w/cypress off, but under a crossfire 149/111

shhhhhhhhhhh:P

I once heard a canopy opening at treetop level! Jumped up, saw the students girlfriend running up to me screaming "Take me to him! I want to see him!". Of course, I was thinking "I don't think you want to see what's left of him" and told her that people were on the way to bring him back. I knew that in the direction I heard the noise was mostly open fields.
Saw video of what happened. Student (off-duty cop) static line square, slow spin, no line over, but slow spin. After he ignored calls on the radio to check canopy, check canopy, check canopy and did nothing, he was told to prepare for landing. His idea of preparing for landing was chopping at about 600-700ft. Reserve bag came out on RSL, but canopy STAYED IN THE BAG!! He fell for about another 6ish seconds (if I remember correctly, but it was a LONG-ASS TIME!!). Video shows him going past tree-level with no canopy out. What happened was the canopy came out of the bag just in time to snag on the top branches of a thin line of trees going alongside the road!! Took 3 hours to get him out of the trees, and he went straight out on duty! Had no idea how lucky he was...........

Nick I remember this cop dude... he was a member of the special branch!!! ;)

If it's safe it ain't fun

highest i pulled was 11,500.
i dislocated my left shoulder doing a 2 way open accordian exit being diver. our timing was wrong and we stretched out down the tube and collapsed on top of each other dislocating my shoulder so i rolled on to my stomache went to deploy, stopped looked for my partner found him then deployed, it was a long canopy ride back and i put my shoulder back in under canopy. i'm grounded now until i get an operation which should be in a few weeks thank god.

:Boredoms not a burden anyone should bare:

Hi, Kris...

I have been watching this thread with the same "geesus, people" thought that you seem to have.

I'm new. I know that there are people who do this for shits and grins. But it scares me, and always will. Some of these are accidents/emergencies, and lessons were learned. Some are intentional, and honestly relating their experiences.

I wonder, though, how many of the folks who do this "for fun" have had serious malfunctions and/or cutaways, not on their low pull but otherwise? I dunno, but my early cutaway really put some serious respect into me for the ground, and a sincere desire to not go pushing the envelope much more than I absolutely have to. I know I err on the side of caution, and people jib me for it. But man, it's some scary shit we're talking about...

For the record, my lowest intentional pull to date is 3,600. That was low enough for me. Plenty low.

Ciels-
Michele

Different times, different type of skydiver.

In the 70's, breakoff for a 4-way was 2K and standard opening altitude was 1500' ...bump it up 500' for 8-way.

BSBD,

Michael

Was doing a 4-way. No ditter or AAD. Completly lost track of altitude, The guy directly across from me looked down, paniced and pulled his reserve as did the other 2. I went for the main, missed it, went again. slow opening! watching the ground come up,I mean I could see peoples eyes! Constantly looking up and down as it opened. Cleared the brakes flared and landed. Hairy!!!!

------------

The lowest, well...it was a hair into the triple digits. Let's just say that I could feel my Cypres arming on my back.:$

Kris

dude, don't take this personally, rather see it as a public service announcement ;)

just so some more people know, your Cypres (expert model) arms at 1150ft AGL.... :o

and it WILL fire ABOVE 750ft once it's armed if there's an abrupt change in airpressure, say like, changing body position due to a deployment sitting you up... :S

someone at SSK told me that's how 90% of Cypres fires happen

so, as that deployment was your main, you were very lucky to not have a 2 out to deal with....

if you're gonna do dumb shit like pull your main below 1000ft, at least turn your Cypres off and eliminate the possibility of a 2 out

the point is really that you should be fully open by 1150ft AGL to be sure to beat your Cypres

later
sam

soon to be gone