BlindBrick

Who has the fastest delivery time on a container?

I was goign to buy a Dolphin, but the website I was looking at was out of Date, and the gear store says the price is now $140 higher. That price increase means that the Dolphin isn't so attractive anymore. So, I am considering somehting else. I am trying to get something by the end of the month so I don't have to bum gear for the MOAB boogieWhat company has the fastest delviery time?

-Blind
"If you end up in an alligator's jaws, naked, you probably did something to deserve it."

;) Aerodyne 6-8 weeks

unfortunately the Icon doesn't come in my size(269 main, 288 reserve). :(

As a business major I know you go where the money is, it's just really fustrating that with the current trend to tell people to take their time and fly conservative wingloadings, that the gear doens't support it.

-Blind
"If you end up in an alligator's jaws, naked, you probably did something to deserve it."

I got 2 brand new sized the way I wanted wings in 4 weeks.

OF course the weather in Florida is affecting any thing skydiving.

You may want to go with aggiedave on finding a stock rig or used rig at a dealer on the west side of the US, just to make the boogie.
Matt
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!

Jump Shack will get you a Racer 2K3 in 3 weeks

And that is all custom made to your specs and on your door step +/- a few days.Hurricane withstanding.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

;) Aerodyne 6-8 weeks

unfortunately the Icon doesn't come in my size(269 main, 288 reserve). :(

As a business major I know you go where the money is, it's just really fustrating that with the current trend to tell people to take their time and fly conservative wingloadings, that the gear doens't support it.

-Blind

I would have to disagree with you. A couple of years ago I had NO demand for such big rigs. Guys pushing 250 were just far and few between.

Now it seems to me that big boys are poping up left and right. The demand is up.

And since all skydiving rigs are pretty much "Custom" anyway, all the manufacturers that I have dealt with have bent over backward to fit ANY customer. Ex: Aerodyne has a Solo 270 main, and I believe a student rig to fit it into. They will customize it for your needs. Mirage makes a a student rig in your size that can also be customized for your body. Wings makes a bigger rig as well. All of these manufactures will build an awesome high-end rig for you.

So. Lead time is your priority? It is gonna be a tough week to get your lead time pushed through. When all the Floridians get back to their offices, I suspect they will have some "clean up" and "Catch up" to do.

PM me if you want some suggestions.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Peace and Blue Skies!
Bonnie ==>Gravity Gear!

Ex: Aerodyne has a Solo 270 main, and I believe a student rig to fit it into. They will customize it for your needs. Mirage makes a a student rig in your size that can also be customized for your body.

Ah, now there's one of the rubs. If I am not a student, why should I have to jump student gear? I've made over 130 jumps on three different major brands of student containers and none of them were freefly friendly or even halfway comfortable.

Besides that, people tend to make assumptions about you when you jump student gear. I know that sounds silly but I've personally experienced it at FL ,the WFFC ,and other boogies. I know I'm going to get enough comments for flying a 269, even though it's a semi-elliptical loaded just under 1.2, I don't want to aggrevate that by showing up in a student rig.

But I am holding my breath right now. I found a non-student container that just needs the legstraps lengthened to fit me perfectly(first time I've seen that in three years of active searching). To top it off, it's never been jumped before. If I can get the dealer's loft to extend the legstraps, I may finally have a decent container.

-Blind

Blind Brick,
It sounds like you need a student-sized container sewn to a custom-sized, fixed dimension-harness.
Aerodyne already has 270-sized container patterns on the shelf.
It is a simple matter to combine patterns into custom rigs. We did that all the time when I worked at Rigging Innovations.

Maybe they can replace your legstraps by turning the harness into a 'ringed' harness. Might be easier than replacing the main lift web, but only consider having the mfg do it.

I think a new rig made for you would not be mistaken for a student rig - just a large rig.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

Blind Brick,
It sounds like you need a student-sized container sewn to a custom-sized, fixed dimension-harness.
Aerodyne already has 270-sized container patterns on the shelf.
It is a simple matter to combine patterns into custom rigs. We did that all the time when I worked at Rigging Innovations.

Thank you riggerrob, you have explained it better than I did.

When I said custom container, I was implying that the harness would be fit to your body.

Perhaps the Student rigs you have jumped are not "Freefly Friendly" because they are well used. The examples I have given you would all be good modern sport rigs.

I have outfitted a couple of 250+ guys this year. The manufacturers were both great and the customers got their gear for the same price as anyone else out there.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Peace and Blue Skies!
Bonnie ==>Gravity Gear!

Don't let your size dictate that you settle for something less than what you want. I suggest you contact Mike F. at Jump Shack. He is a big guy himself and has helped many of the other big guys on this site with many, if not all, of the same issues you have. What you will get won't be a student container on a custom main lift web. The rig will be custom designed around your body dimensions and canopy selection, ie: you want a smaller reserve than your main,etc. and not an improvisation of a student rig. In the end you won't have to worry about issues like FFing and the inherent problems associated with student gear/containers.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

Blind Brick,
The Icon Student Rig is actually nearly the same rig as the Icon sport. The only basic difference is that there is a clear window on the reserve flap and the harness is adjustable. We make the S7 size student rig as an I7 Icon sport. I'll check to see if we can do this with the S8. The S8 will fit the Solo 270 and a Smart 250. You would have to check the pack volume of other reserves to see what you can fit in there. PM me so I have your e-mail address and I'll get back to you with an answer about an I8.

Nick Bosco
Sales Representative
North & South America
Aerodyne Research Corporation
12649 Race Track Road
Tampa, FL 33626

Tel. +1 813 891-6300
Fax. +1 813 891-6315
Mobile +1 813 679-7190
[email protected]
www.aerodyne-int.com

See. Told you the manufacturers in this industry are awesome.

Hey. Every skydiver is a good customer. Big, small, short, tall.... we like 'em all.

p.s. If you come to the West Coast, myself and a few of my Freefly Friends would love to jump with you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Peace and Blue Skies!
Bonnie ==>Gravity Gear!

Hi Blindbrick

The Student Icon's are manufactured and configured in such a way that you can actually use them as both student and sport rigs depending on the requirement. With this being the standard way of doing it, and reading your comment about NOT wanting anything that resembles a student rig, we can help you with this no prob - in fact this will not be the first time that we have facilitated this request to have a pure sport system built in the container size of the student S8 Icon.
Should you wish to order this system, I would suggest contacting Aubrey, Bushman, Nick or Carolyn at Aerodyne Research (or your favorite Aerodyne distributor) and talking to them about it as it will just mean adding in some special instructions such as including the hip ring harness, no cypres window on the reserve flap etc...

If you have any other queries, please feel free to contact us.

Best regards and blue skies
Dave
AERODYNE SYSTEMS (PTY) Ltd
Dave Macrae - Sports Marketing: Indian Ocean Region
[email protected]
www.aerodyne-int.com