who is Scotty Carbone?

"Carbone Zone" on Shaky Ground
Scotty Carbone, the definitive dirty old man of skydiving, brought bad press for United Parachute club at the boogie last September. He climbed onto the clubhouse roof and videoed a female jumper while she was taking a shower. Said one old timer, "Actually for Scotty that's pretty tame stuff. But there's no excuse for his behavior. He's been banned from some of the best dropzones in the country and his status here is very precarious. In order to avoid the cost of putting a roof on the showers a group of male jumpers has volunteered to stand on the club house and make sure there are no more incidents.
bahaha thats pretty funny. Who is this guy, he sounds hilarious? Anyone got any stories/info on him?

Scotty is one of a kind. An old time skydiver who likes to boast that he has more cutaways than most of us have jumps! A character who is very generous and funny, likes to cook, and tell stories and jokes. Always reminded us to "Check your handles!" around 10K. Took many of us under his wing when we were just starting out and showed us how to do many things...and how to not do a few others.
Many people don't care for Scotty because he is brash, and can be loud and forceful. Never one to follow the crowd. But anyone who chases an unconcious jumper below 1K deserves my respect.
If you see him in FL, tell him I said hello.
B| Gemini
... Fear? Fear is riding the plane down ...

All I know is a rumor that in a RW jump years ago, two jumpers collided with one being knocked out. As he fell away from the formation, Scotty recognized that the guy was unconcious and chased him below 1K in an attempt to save him. Scotty never talked about it, but some of his long-time friends who came to Spaceland to visit did after they had a few beers.
B| Gemini
... Fear? Fear is riding the plane down ...

newbie:
sure is funny how you want to make this statement about scotty. and yet when one goes to your profile, your name, etc is vey obscure. if one would want to make such comments about anyone else in a public forum, it is my belief that you should at least identify your self properly. i don't know if the story about scotty you posted is true or not, doesn't matter. some people have a sense of humor, some don't. most people that sky dive have a very different sense of humor from most of the "general" population. i'm not saying i condone it, "if" he actually did it, but it's funny as hell! i met scotty my very first sky dive, and he was always helping me, he helped everyone. yeah, he's probably done some "off the wall" shit, but who hasn't? maybe he does it more often because he lives on the DZ? scotty is capable of handling himself, so if you have any questions or remarks to make about him, p.m. him, i'm sure you'll be accomadated.
Richard
"Gravity Is My Friend"

**No reason to get all combative...**
what on earth are YOU referring to. i made no "off color" remarks at all, i simply suggested that mr/ms/mrs newbie identify themself. combative indeed! not even close, thought provoking....maybe. as usaul, we have somone trying to make more out of something than there really is. it's a doggone shame when a person can't say what they think without somebody else coming behind them with some "off the wall remark" do you think that the person who made the remark should/should not identify themselfs?
Richard
"Gravity Is My Friend"

**From the looks of it, he was quoting a story. The second paragraph seems to be his take on it.**
this was my precise observation as well, in any event, it still constitutes making/publishing a statement about someone else, whether true or not....correct? you refer to "newbie" as "he, and his" if you look at the profile as i suggested, on what facts are you basing gender? case, and point. as i said....thought provoking, at best

Richard
"Gravity Is My Friend"

ummm...I've jumped with him and had him try to bite my bikini off on the ground does that count. :D
Oh and this one time at the DZ...there was this tropical storm called Allison, and TequilaGirl and I got Scotty and the rest of the DZ to go skinny dipping.

Heard a story one time of Scotty organizing a "Penis" formation RW dive. The whole thing was suppose to transition from flacid to turgid (I guess two points, huh?) and involved smoke or ribbons or something at the end. Got to admire his ingenuity.;)
flyhiB|