who is Scotty Carbone?

You know that big orange "Danger" label on your rig? The one that says you could be hurt or seriously killed?
Well Scotty used to jump a big orange canopy with that label on the bottom skin. Usually didn't get it aired out till around 12-1400 feet. I remember his shouting match in teh peas at Palatka when Bob L. tried to take one lower than him.
Those were the days, eh Scotty?
Blues,
Henry "Worst" Trammel

Scotty's a sweetheart and the hat he wears cracks me up. He (and Tammi) always have a hug and smile ready every time I see them. And, the food...nummy.

I got to witness an SCR initiation that he did at ZHills. Cracked me up with how much fun he had with that. :)
Miss you two and can't wait to see you again. Hugs! And, please, give the puppies a hug and scratch for me.
Life is short! Break the rules! Forgive quickly! Kiss slowly! Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably. And never regret anything that made you smile.

I have known Scotty longer than a good number of people on this site have been alive. Statute of limitations or not many stories will not be revealed without his express permission.:P My only regret is that we have not had the chance to see each other for some time. I still love ya brother and look forward to the day we meet again. Being that I am getting a little older and wiser I doubt that I will be staring you off as we cook through a grand anymore:o but I still have a fair collection of lingerie to share with you if need be.;)
Peace be with you my old friend and I hope we can cause a little uproar before to much time goes by.
Rainbo
TheSpeedTriple - Speed is everything
"Blessed are those who can give without remembering, and take without forgetting."

All I know is a rumor that in a RW jump years ago, two jumpers collided with one being knocked out. As he fell away from the formation, Scotty recognized that the guy was unconcious and chased him below 1K in an attempt to save him. Scotty never talked about it, but some of his long-time friends who came to Spaceland to visit did after they had a few beers.
-----------------------------------------------------------

at least he didn't have to bust his decision altitude:D

You can't be drunk all day if you don't start early!

chased him below 1K

at least he didn't have to bust his decision altitude

That's seriously funny :ph34r:

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

I can't believe I missed this thread!

My Scotty story:

Packing at x-keys in 98. New jumper, even newer packer. This old wrinkled man asks me if I will pack for him. I say sure and start packing. I think it was a batwing but I'm not sure.

He comes back in after the next jump and the conversation goes something like this:

Scotty: Hey kid, what's your name?

Me: Daless

Scotty: Daless? Ok! jesus fucking christ daless! I can't have openings like that! I'm pulling at 800 feet god damnit!

Me: I'm sorry, you want me to speed it up?

Scotty: Hell yes I want you to speed it up! Pack it again!

After the next jump:

Scotty: What the fuck are you trying to do to me kid? I told you to speed it up, not slow it down!

He drops the rig on the floor and storms out of the hangar. He walks back in a few seconds later, as I already have the canopy over my shoulder. I notice, much to my dismay that he has a steak knife in his hand. He walks up, grabs the slider and cuts an X right through the middle of the slider.

"There, try that!" he says and walks away.

I look at Jono, the guy who ran the matt, and he says, "That's Scotty. Pack it again, and leave the nose out....by the way, you might want to get paid in advanced."

Later, he tried to pay me with food!

Methane Freefly - got stink?

jdfreefly!! Most excellent story! I love these:)I recall one time in Rantoul there was a storm....ugly I tell you!
No where for me to go without getting drenched...and it began to pour, the winds picking up and stuff flying all over.

Wouldn't ya know there stood Scotty and Tami with the door of their bus open yellin' at me to get in. "God dammit girl do you want to drown or what?" Bwahhhh
Takin' folks in...that's what they do. Plain good people.:)

and like that *whiff* he's gone

hey, he's not (and never will be) keyser.

btw.: it's his and tammy's anniversary today.

fuck you assholes!!!
Padalcek - CCO, HF-17
http://www.theflyinghellfish.com
I'm not a real skydiver - but I do play one on dz.com.

awesome!!!

HAPPY FUCKING ANNIVERSARY!!!!!
:)and I mean that JUST as it reads!!!
B|
I heard you overcooked the Aussie recently...ha!!!
:o
I also LOVE the morning visits from Tommy .. I don't think he misses ONE person on the DZ in the mornings.B|

One of my proudest moments was when Scotty came over after a jump and says, "You're gettin' better, aren't ya? Good job."

Scotty's the only guy I know who can talk shit about your Mama, your Daddy, you dog, your cat and your wife and make you smile while he's doing it.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Scotty do you remember the sportmen at WFC around 97 when you came over to our camp. I think you were almost jealous that we had more fun then you there. We had a limousine to drives back and forth to the landing area. The driver also use to pick up our rigs from the packers and always kept our drinks cold in the trunk. Fuck the golf cart when you got a limousine at the wfc. Besides all the farmers wifes loving us because we had Jack the Ripper with us,You were wondering about the very very very young girl that would dance and not leave our tent that week. Thats before cops were allowed at WFC.
Track high, Pull LOW!!!

so.....who is scotty carbone? the name sounds familiar, I think I may have seen him around zhills...any photos of him?
he sounds like a real asshole! in the nicest way.....

maybe we should restart the Herd like he told about. things are getting to quiet around the dz these hot summer days!

"The reason angels can fly is that they take themselves so lightly." --GK Chesterton

To this day.. One of my most memorable moments in skydiving was when Scotty Carbone Pied me for my 100th. I was at a Boogie and won a raffle, went up to on stage collect my prize.. And Scotty caught me right there.
Here was 100 jump wide eyed wonder and someone with over 12,000 jumps, a true icon in this sport takes the time to have a pie ready... Yea.. I felt special that day. Scotty has given more to this sport than most of combined ever will.

And Tammy is a woman that worthy of that man and quite possibly the only woman insane enough to put up with him!! I love em both.

I love Scotty. Hed remind me to eat. Always had coffee ready (Im a early riser) and wed sit there and talk while he thought about starting breakfest. He cracks me up and really enjoys feeding us all. He even lets me have one of the two end pieces on his pork roast... and thats a big deal if youve had his pork before. Funny enough, I dont think we ever have had a conversation about skydiving, its always about things like food , and real life. Every boogie he has cooked at he is who I shared my favorite part of the day with... when its quiet, and you can smell the dew... sitting there with a great cup of coffee and a friend just talking about anything. It would be over when he would pick up the microphone and tell people to wake up cause hes done fucking thier mom. :D
Sudsy Fist: i don't think i'd ever say this
Sudsy Fist: but you're looking damn sudsydoable in this