bazzfreefly

New to skydiving. need advice. BASE question

Hello all. I'm new to skydiving, halfway through my A licence. I've had an interest in base for a number of years now. My problem is, my skydiving jumps are well, kind of boring. I don't get a rush out of them anymore. The only reason i'm still jumping is to fly a wingsuit and to oneday base jump. My question is, should I keep going with it so I can base jump one day? I don't think I have the wrong attitude to base, I'm just after a bigger buzz and would like to meet people with a similer outlook on life as myself. Any advice would be great. Thanks.

Ok, you posted the same thing in the general skydiving discussions forum as well, are you really bored or looking to troll? I'm sure the mods would appreciate it if you kept it to one thread dude.

Peace
PJ

Advertisio Rodriguez / Sky

If you're looking for too big of a post jump buzz too fast, it will bite back and bite back hard. This shit we do whether it's a normal skydive, a wingsuit jump, a BASE jump, a pond swoop, etc, etc, etc is all fun. But it's not safe. It's hard to read you in terms of how serious you are about this shit of being boring. If you trivialize what we do and become complacent thinking you are better than all of this:

"I guarantee you a ride out of here, in a body bag" - Tom Berringer - Platoon.

There's no harm in you wanting to be a BASE jumper. But don't rush into it cutting corners. Having solid canopy control skills and gear knowledge is paramount to surviving each jump. And these skills aren't obtained over night.

Good Luck ... but be smart. You only get one chance with life.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

My question is, should I keep going with it so I can base jump one day?.

No, you shouldn't bother.
BASE is equally as boring as skydiving.
Avery
==================================

I've got all I need, Jesus and gravity. Dolly Parton

http://www.AveryBadenhop.com

My question is, should I keep going with it so I can base jump one day?.

No, you shouldn't bother.
BASE is equally as boring as skydiving.
Avery

Agreed.

~

My question is, should I keep going with it so I can base jump one day?

If you are not a troll: The answer is no. Quit skydiving, BASE is 100X more dull. Think about it, all the climbing, sweating, running, for what? A three sec freefall and 10 sec canopy ride? Highly overrated and then you can get arrested too. I'm a boring guy and I love 'em both. If one day I find myself being bored skydiving I'll quit in a heart beat, same for BASE.

I could also suggest white shark fucking, if you find that dull and boring then a two round-in russian roulette should give you the kick you need.
Memento Audere Semper

I think you've hit the nail on the head Canuck... i understand the jump-jitters subsiding, but, for the original poster in the thread, you should be scared as hell. This is not safe, and definitely not boring. Maybe you'd get a better "buzz" by tying a plastic bag over your head? Now that's scary shit.

I could also suggest white shark fucking, if you find that dull and boring then a two round-in russian roulette should give you the kick you need.

You’re a funny dude Nick!

Yea Bazz, skydiving and BASE suck big time. Why not just start smoking PCP. Then you’ll think you can fly off the roof of your house. That would be great fun!

I don't think I have the wrong attitude to base, I'm just after a bigger buzz

if you're simply after a bigger buzz, then you DO have the wrong attitude to BASE.

stop now and save your money.
DON'T PANIC
The lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.
sloppy habits -> sloppy jumps -> injury or worse

try train surfing...its about as big a buzz as you are ever gonna get...BASE was only dangerous a few years ago when people didnt know what they were doing...
http://www.extreme-on-demand.com

>>try train surfing...its about as big a buzz as you are ever gonna get...<<

Boy, that's for sure. I hopped a few slow moving freights when I was a kid, but nothing like I saw once in a film from somewhere in South America. It seems the rich kids here owned surf boards and spent their days on the beaches. The poor kids, who couldn't afford boards, surfed trains . . .

They'd hang on to the sides of passenger trains going 70 mph and just by their fingertips. Sometimes they crouch like surfers on top of carriages and barley dodge the wires, bridges and tunnels with their heads . . .

They even defend their "sport" and sound a lot like BASE jumpers when they do. . .

When I retire I'm going to move down there and start a magazine called the Train Surfing Journal . . . The first issue will include:

The Myth Behind Chalk

Local Leaders Promote Train Surfing, Ties to Tourism . . .

Doom on the Metro, Why Ernesto Fell?

Trip Report: We Surf the Night Train!

Real Classes Are Here!
Train Surfing Courses by Juanny and Tomàs Reviewed.

New Record! 50 Trains Ridden in 24 Hours!

First Look: Ride Wear – Rags that Zing while you Cling!

NickD :)BASE 194

again....friken funny as ever....my first laugh of the day...speaking of train surfing....being i live near miami..i know that they do a train surfing in South Beach....and from what i hear...It does not involve moving trains.........:o

Thanks Nickster.......Chris

In the end...the universe has a way of working itself out.... "Harold and Kumar go to White Castle"

Sell your parachute,buy a motorcycle.
After you hit someone making a left turn in front of you and spend a few months in plaster, even a little ride through the neighborhood will send sparks to your brain.It usually only lasts a few weeks, but it's a hell of a rush.
Goodtimes
~J
I hear snorting wasabi powder is quite a pick-me-up as well.
"One flew East,and one flew West..............one flew over the cuckoo's nest"
"There's absolutely no excuse for the way I'm about to act"

or better yet, forget "fake" drugs like base or sharkfucking and just start with real drugs.. im sure a few hits of acid, coupled with an axl rose caliber speedball consisting of coke and heroin and a few hookers might get you blood pumping...
but dont let anyone else stop you... i base for one reason alone, and it hits me everytime i land and walk away....

Rather than flame you, I would ask how are you excelling in your course Have you met the criteria for an A at only 10 jumps? are you that good? did ya nail all the TLO´s? respect if ya did. I don´t think you will get far if you did not.
speak up. if you are doing exceptional, you will have no probs other than....
take care, space

Holy crap! Wasabi stuntmans!!! Yes!!!!! Snort wasabi, shot of sake, ponzu soss in your eye!

Abbie Mashaal
Skydive Idaho
Snake River Skydiving
TandemBASE

Holy crap! Wasabi stuntmans!!! Yes!!!!! Snort wasabi, shot of sake, ponzu soss in your eye!

Thats it. I will NEVER go to a sushi bar with you. and after the tequila stuntmen, i will never go to a mexican restaurant with you. haha

Holy crap! Wasabi stuntmans!!! Yes!!!!!

Why don't we just skip to the holy grail of stuntman's!?! Habanero stuntman's. I'll bring the habanero sauce. I'll also bring the ambulance now that I think of it.

No no no. bazzfreefly. Don't listen to them other guy's posting all that -Negative Energy. All they want to do is Sabotage your chances to latch onto a -Bigger Buzz. They are ALL just a little Jealous of your Fresh and Un-Tainted, Enthusiasm in finding BASE.. You Don't have the wrong attitude. Just Jump Right-In (no pun intended). Sounds like you need a good Crash Course in, How to BASE Jump. Its a lot of fun. There's nothin to it.
I think if you can catch me on the Right Day with the Right Attitude. I'm pretty sure I can give you what you are looking for. Hey were do you live at ? Just drop me a PM.
your friend Ray.

OK maybe BORING was the wrong word, it's not like I exit and think "man this sucks". I know i'm still learning and always will with each jump. I realise there is a whole bunch of things to do in skydiving.
PeeJ, I posted this in two forums because I thought I would get flamed by talking about base jumping in the skydiving forum, that's all.
Canuck in no way do i think i am some greater power and above all the problems that can happen on each jump. Thankyou for your reply.
wwarped cheers for your advice, I don't want to base just for the buzz. I know it's not just a matter of jumping off something and hoping for the best. It's something I've wanted to do for a while now.
base283, I'm doing ok with my jumps so far. Had to repeat jump 3 though.
Everyone else thanks for the laugh.