scottygofast

Robbery at Tony Suits

Just wanted to let people know that over the weekend, someone stole all the copper in the power lines at Tony suits, as well as the lines running to the power poles. there's no telling how long this could take to get Power restored to the building, there was another business on the street also hit the same night. And no, you cant just make this stuff up. If you cant get ahold of anyone right away, theres a reason. Thats all the info i have for you, but if your expecting a suit to be finished and shipped this week, its not likely to happen.. Sorry for the crappy news all~
Z Flock #11; Muff #1909; PFI #15, USPA Lifer
Commercial Multi-Inst. Airplane/Rotory
www.flyteskool.ws Aerial Photography

Have seen it a couple of times over here. Sadly, it doesn't usually fry the bastards :(

They should rewire it so it does fry the bastards. :|
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Wow, I've heard of people stealing copper from construction sites... but never from live power lines. >:(

Copper wire is a commodity.

Was waiting in line at the metal recycle center cashing in my aluminum cans (soda pop). One of the worker bee's goes to a seller and has a talk.

The seller reloads mass qty's of big ass copper still insulated cut in 2' pieces back into his truck.

The copper wire thieves are so good/bad on a construction site the sparky's are pulling wire underground and before they can hook it up the wire is gone.:S Double trouble pay for wire and labor[:/]

The reputable metal parts recycle centers as far I can tell, don't want that crap to much trouble. I have the show picture ID to pick up my $20 check for my aluminum pop cans.

Catalytic convertors on cars contain some precious metals. Battery operated sawsall. Park and ride.[:/] More $$$ than copper. If you can find a market like craigs list.

Ever price a new convertor and the labor to install it B|.Park your car with the new convertor in a dark place. The lights are out because the copper wire was stolen.. B|:S

Locking the UG wire splice box's won't work because the bad people have the key. Welding the cover plate to the box can slow them down.

We're doomed, doomed I tell you.:|

R.I.P.
One Jump Wonder

Police captured 2 main suspects by the name of Stephane Z, Robert P, and is currently questioning them for more information...

FYB had a "Police/Air PAtrol" color scheme, will it now be called Copper instead ? :D
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

Wow, I've heard of people stealing copper from construction sites... but never from live power lines. >:(

In Russia, it is usually practice to steal energised power lines.
Cooper and aluminium bring good money.
Robbery use special technology for this act:
electrical grounding for live line > shut-off due to automatic => stress-free job...

P.S. More interesting is, if the thieves connect an junction on belowground oil piping under pressure!

Wow, I've heard of people stealing copper from construction sites... but never from live power lines

Clearly you dont live in South Africa.
Around here they steal the copper out of fibre optic cables.
Wingsuit South Africa

Around here we don't put copper in our fiber optic cables.
:P

:D:D:D:D:D:D

The copper seems to not reflect the light nearly as much!
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

In Russia, it is usually practice to steal energised power lines.

What he meant to say was: In soviet Russia power lines steal you! :P

I do recall reading that a whole bridge was "stolen" in Poland and then sold as raw metal... Recycling at its finest!
I understand the need for conformity. Without a concise set of rules to follow we would probably all have to resort to common sense. -David Thorne