notsane

Puerto Rico Boogie 2010

It's the dog days of August right now, and it's tough to think about how cold the weather will be in February (this will be you! ). But when that time rolls around, you're going to want to be someplace warm and fun with lots of great wingsuit flights, beautiful beaches, cool rum drinks and ice cold beer!

The 8th Puerto Rico Freefall Festival will be Feb 10-14, 2010 in beautiful Arecibo, Puerto Rico. If you've been there before, you know what a great time it is. If you haven't been there before, you've definitely been missing out!

Scott Bland (me) and Justin Shorb will be organizing again, so make sure you've been working on your skillset. Get out there and dive last, front float, exit backwards, back fly, do some high speed forward flights and work on your stack flying. We'll be looking to get some great dives and some great pics and video over paradise.

So pencil the dates on your calendar and go to www.xtremedivers.com to register. Viviana has also created a group on Facebook.

See you there!

Scott

Is it any fun? Does anybody have any pictures of what it looks like from the air down there?

I hear tell that there is this Matt Hoover guy who has some pictures somewhere out there on that internet thing... could just be a rumor though, I hear those happen a lot on the internet too. :P

Umm....are there plans for additional lift capacity? Can't imagine going again next year if the waits are 3 hours + with the last loads of the day needing to be manifested by 1:00 P.M. Please post any info you find out about the fleet they are planning to have.

Hi- we will def. have 3 aircrafts this next year. As soon as the same is confirmed, we will post it. Count on it, be there!* :P
Viv

Is it any fun? Does anybody have any pictures of what it looks like from the air down there?

I hear tell that there is this Matt Hoover guy who has some pictures somewhere out there on that internet thing... could just be a rumor though, I hear those happen a lot on the internet too. :P

Yea, I also heard that his asshole fiance is making him leave his wingsuits at home so he can take freefly/freestyle pictures over the beach for the whole boogie! :):o
Apologies for the spelling (and grammar).... I got a B.S, not a B.A. :)

Nice try Mike, but you only get to be #3. ;) Even though Scotty will show up and put himself above Scott as #0. :D

1. Scott Bland
2. Justin Shorb
3. Purple Mike
4. Matt Hoover

And let's not forget, last year's video:

http://www.matthoover.com/gallery/skydiving-videos/Puerto_Rico_2009-HD.html

And photos from last year:

http://www.matthoover.com/gallery/skydiving-photos/2009-02/

God, it feels like yesterday... and already we're planning for the next one?

Yea, I also heard that his asshole fiance is making him leave his wingsuits at home so he can take freefly/freestyle pictures over the beach for the whole boogie! :):o

I have one good shot in mind already, actually. :)
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

Nice try Mike, but you only get to be #3. ;)

I've been going to this boogie longer than anyone on this list, so that makes me #1! The rest may follow in order of their first attendance B|

1. Purple Mike (2004)
2. Matt Hoover (2006)
3. Scott Bland (2007)
4. Justin Shorb (2008)
5. Andrea (2009)

Matt, your getting more and more phychic in your old age~ :P

001. ScottyBurns.com
1. Purple Mike
2. Matt Hoover
3. Scott Bland
4. Justin Shorb
5. Andrea
6. Voodew
7. Professor
8. Mudbug
9. Jim Brewster

and you can see the last couple years videos at the addy below... sorry im not as clicky friendly~

http://vimeo.com/sky2#3364040

Cant wait to see ya'll down in sunny PR! Cant wait for the best boogie of the year!
Z Flock #11; Muff #1909; PFI #15, USPA Lifer
Commercial Multi-Inst. Airplane/Rotory
www.flyteskool.ws Aerial Photography

It's getting colder here and the warm Puerto Rico skies are even more inviting!

We're starting to think about this years agenda ...

Big ways are probably not on it ... let's have some fun ...

3 minute flocks
backflying sequential
piece flying 3-D flocks

WOOHOO!!!

001. ScottyBurns.com
1. Purple Mike
2. Matt Hoover
3. Scott Bland
4. Justin Shorb
5. Andrea
6. Voodew
7. Professor
8. Mudbug
9. Jim Brewster
10. Alx72
11. Blanca

In a discussion Scott and I had this morning we are trying to "Think outside the Flocks" (thanks Responsible phil).

Dont miss this event. If you are looking to further your skills beyond traditional flocking, this is your chance. We will push you to advance your flying.

Jeff and I will be handing out the latest and greatest Tonysuit designs for your demo pleasure.

Lets keep this list going

Justin
Wingsuit organizing, first flight courses and coaching
Flock University
Tonysuits