hjumper33

My New Phantom 2

Is it an illusion or are your phantom 2 wings more like ghost 2 wings. Your ghost seems to have "more" arm wing than I'm use to seeing on the phantoms, even the latest page on the factory site. This calls for an overlay shot in comparison to one of the similar sized Ill vision ghost 2s next time your all at the DZ.

The base of the wing ends about 10 cm lower on the ghost, and the arm-position is sligtly more up, compared to the more swooped back position on the phantom2.

Attached is an overlay based on the images from the product catalog on the phoenix-fly website.

Due to the pictures being used all having being taken from the back, the trailing edge on the legwing is slighly lower/longer on all suits than these silhouetes make them look.

JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

My personal Phantom2 has a longer wing-root than stock also because that's the way I ordered it. My first Phantom2 was about 2" short and had the same size wing as our "magic" green original Phantom. Since Robi had to cut a new one, I asked him to scale up the arm wings a bit. It's phenomenal and perfect in every way. Definitely my default everyday wingsuit. I still have bigger suits for task-specific duties that require it, but I have found very, very little reason to every disconnect my Phantom2. Seriously. By comparison to my original Phantom and my first Phantom2, my personal suit is one "tab" longer and maybe 10% larger in the surface area total.

Chuck

Using the overlays that Jarno posted and comparing it to Charlie's P2 it looks like Charlie's trailing edge splits the difference between the red and white planforms. Almost like a scaled down ghost.

Just did a quick copy/paste in photoshop, and aside of some minor differences in arm position, its a close to 99% match of the basic phantom2 on the PF website (the white shape).

Think its just something in the colours/black surface that makes it look bigger, but doesnt seem to be any smaller/different than what you and I would get if we ordered a suit now..
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

I asked him to scale up the arm wings a bit. It's phenomenal and perfect in every way. Definitely my default everyday wingsuit.

It must be very close to the ghost, no? If I judge by the overlay ?
Why not go for a Ghost in the first place, which feel like a souped up Phantom right from sthe start ?