NSEMN8R

New Rigor Mortis

A little jealous, are we?

nope. rather have something i could back fly easier. and besides i just fly other peoples suits, not my own ;):P

only bought it to burn it. those marks never came out;) still have other suits too

Where is my fizzy-lifting drink?

is the leg stance smaller then in the suit pictured at FnD?

yes, he was going to shorten the width by 3-3.5 inches or so and extend the wing by an inch or so. making it just under a vamp's width.

Where is my fizzy-lifting drink?

is the leg stance smaller then in the suit pictured at FnD?

yes, he was going to shorten the width by 3-3.5 inches or so and extend the wing by an inch or so. making it just under a vamp's width.

Think angle guys :)
Scaling works on angles. People's sizes vary but the angles have to remain constant for proper sizing.

Here is a note from Nick

The leg wing pattern was left untouched from the prototype despite my initial claim. What happened is that the suits flown at the z-flock were not sized for the actual jumpers (general demos)...it turns out that the legs were a bit too big for most jumpers, both width and length. Having the legs too big gives the impression of a wider wing when wearing the suit. For reference the leg wing bottom width for a guy with a 32" inseam is 33" about 10" wider than the one of a S3 and 2" wider than a V2 so we are still in Portuguese whoring territory, a good thing indeed last I checked."

Kris.

Scaling works on angles. People's sizes vary but the angles have to remain constant for proper sizing.

People's proportions vary too, so even a constant angle may not be enough (in the case of weirdly proportioned people).
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

People's proportions vary too, so even a constant angle may not be enough (in the case of weirdly proportioned people).

Ofcourse, people's proportions vary. The discussion was about leg wing width. Talking about width of a legwing without specifying inseam measurement is ambiguous. If you read Nick's note, you can see that he compares leg wing width's of different suits for a given inseam length.

The really custom part of a wingsuit is the body of the suit*. This has to be made to the individuals proportions. Wing angles will still remain constant.

Customization beyond that is non existant and not economically viable.

Kris.

*Most wingsuit manufacturers have a background in building RW/FF suits.

Well I put my first bunch of jumps on it this weekend at Scott's camp so I thought I'd post my first impressions here.

The suit is built like a tank. The quality of the construction is up there with the best of them. It's made mostly out of thick parapack. They use some really thick Cuben Fiber fabric for the ribs. The booties are made out of nice thick leather. Everything about it is heavy duty. EG did one hell of a job on it.

There were a few things I didn't like about it.

At first the fit was WAY too tight. A lot of it is probably because of the thick materials. It took some effort to bend my arms enough to get to my emergency handles. It's still really tight after a dozen or so jumps on it, but it's a lot better than it was. Nick says it should loosen up a lot more after a while, but I don't think it will loosen up that much more. I still have to put the booties on before I put my shoulders in or there's no way I can get my feet in them. It sucks when it's 108F out and you have to walk around with your legs zipped up the whole time. Not to mention what a pain in the ass it is to get into a Skyvan like that.

I had a few other complaints besides the fit. There's a piece of webbing every few inches that holds the cutaway cables for the arm wings. They were hot-knifed and the edges were sharp as hell. It scratched the shit out of my arms and wrists.

Also, they should have rounded the edges on the tubes they used inside the handles. You can see where it's going to wear through the fabric after a while.

And, as Scott mentioned in the other thread, the zippers came apart on me. Apparently, YKK didn’t have the proper size zippers for where you attach the lower arm wings so they cut some longer ones down. They didn’t do anything to the ends so the slider came all the way off. The stapler worked for a temporary fix until I got some supertack around the last couple teeth to keep it on there permanently.

Since they built this suit, they’ve gotten the right size zippers from YKK so it shouldn’t be a problem for anyone else. And Nick knows about the other issues with the sharp webbing and the handles and he has fixes in place already. He’s also said they would do whatever it takes to make it fit right if it doesn’t break in like it should. He says they can add some more fabric around the shoulders if they need to loosen it up more. The service from this company has just been impeccable. As soon as I get back from my next trip they are going to take care of anything that still needs attention. The nice part is, it only has to go a few hundred miles to get fixed and not all the way around the world. Nick even offered me a blow job for my trouble, but I turned him down.

As far as the way it flies, I absolutely love it. Once I was out of the plane, the tight fit didn't bother me at all. I got as tight as I’ve ever been on any flocks in it and according to my Neptune I’ve gotten some of my lowest freefall speeds in it. I’m really impressed with the forward speed in it too. I had no problems staying up with the slower flocks or down with the faster ones. It seems to have a lot of range despite Nick's claim that it's not designed for flocking.

I tried to get a bunch of other people to jump it out there so we could hear some more opinions on it, but no one else wanted to try it.

If I ever figure out how work paralog and this gps, I’ll really try to max it out a couple times and post some numbers. I’ll be interested to see how it compares to my Mach 1 which is a pretty bad ass suit too.

Nick even offered me a blow job for my trouble, but I turned him down.

Haha...now that is some customer service...although quite disturbing.

Sounds like you really like your new suit Tony. I would be interested in more comparison to other HP suits like the Blade, V-2, & M1. Give us an update once you have some more flights against some of the other suits.

Caw Caw, Chris
WSI-6 / PFI-55
The Brothers Gray Wingsuit Academy
http://www.myspace.com/cgwingsuitpilot
http://www.myspace.com/thebrothersgray

Suits tailored for performance should be tight. When standing upright, we should feel the the suit on the shoulders.

A snug fit means that we don't have to tear our shoulders out of the sockets to stretch the fabric chordwise. If a suit fits like this, very little effort is needed to go to the max flying posture and this allows for a longer maxed out flight.

Infact, if a suit is loose, the max flying posture(which involves relaxed(spanwise) and sweptback arms) is not possible at all.

Kris.

I wanted to try the M1 on Sunday but that place was just too hot, Scott need to do the camp on mar. or April. also I wanted to do the wingsuite balloon jump. any way have good one in norway
"A peaceful heart leads to a healthy body; jealousy is like cancer in the bones ..."

Al! You're alive and not incarcerated!

You never came back after your BASE excursion on Saturday and we started wondering about you.

Tony and I did the balloon jump (solo jumps) on Sunday morning (6am) with wingsuits (his Rigor Mortis and the Classic Scott lent me). Absolutely awesome! I exited at 5.5k, opened at 3k and got 32 seconds of flight. What a rush!

The rest of the day I flew the S-Fly you tried. It fit me much better and I actually really liked that suit. It had much more performance than the Classic (duh) so I had a blast flying it. Scott almost sold it to me, but my Acro arrives on Friday and I don't have the cash for two suits just yet.

Glad you're ok.

Brian

P.S. Sorry everyone else for the off-topic post.
Brian Drake

$.02

Slapped on a Rigor Mortis 1 last Saturday for my first WS jump. I'm about 215 out the door and didn't know shit about flying wingsuits...but I did read about it on the internet.

Like buttuh.

It dons in less than 5 minutes (zippers, not cables) and is ridiculously easy to fly. By the 5th jump, I was getting 85-90 seconds from 10K (in the saddle at 3K). Had a flat spin on exit on #3, but closed up and was flying again in 3 rotations. The suit flies itself.

Nick says he's making them himself now - I guess his relationship with EG is no more - and the RM2 is "in production"

He may be a smoking turd-burgler, but the mook designed a very nice suit. More info at nitrorigging.com - and Nick needs some attention, so hit him up if you have questions.

Now where is that V3 demo form...
- Harvey, BASE 1232
TAN-I, IAD-I, S&TA

BLiNC Magazine Team Member