voodew1

Why????????????????//

So myself and Ted have tried to help out others by sending our demo suits here there and everywhere to allow others to try wingsuit flights.

We seem to find out that skydivers are douche bags!!

Most recently the last suit came back and it had been taken apart to see how it was made>:(. Who the fuck would take a suit apart and then put it back together and try to pass it off as it was never touched, not to mention that he bitched about renting a suit for 3 weeks for $50.00 and only sent $25.00 siting a technically in an email which could have been taken either way.

I have had to threaten police action to get one jumper to send a suit back after he quit answering my phone calls (caller ID) but when I found another phone with a different area code he answered right away it was amazing.

We went out and purchased every size of Prodigy available and people have been acting like they could give a fuck less because it is not theirs.

If you can't stand up 98% of your landings (should be 100% but shit happens) Don't demo somebody elses wingsuit you will damage it!!

Maybe I am fucked up thinking that you should take better care of others shit then your own.

I can only imagine what demos that belong to manufactures get treated like.

We have decided to change our policy -- from here on out if you want to demo a suit it will cost $100 up front before the suit is sent out -- we will deduct $25 per week per jumper using the suit -- we will return the reamaining amount after the suit comes back undamaged --- if you have the nerve to take it apart we will keep all of the money and if it gets damaged we will keep the money to repair the suit (what it costs, you might owe more or get some back)

It would be nice if we could trust everyone to take care of shit, but the few that don't ruin it for the rest.

If you would like to come to us to demo a suit it will more than likely be free (if you don't trash the suit)

Just something to think about next time you have somebody elses gear in your possession.

Sorry to rant but I can't help it ------- the ones that have been described in this rant know who they are.

Hugs and Kisses
Voodew

The pimp hand is powdered up ... say something stupid

Dude....... My heart goes out to you guys. I only had a few ass surf events and one green grass knee drag on my loaners. Doing any unstitching to see how a suit is made is beyond heinous. All of that can be examined via looking down an inlet, or if it is constructed of light colored material, just looking at with a light shinning through.

A BMI friend of mine has quiet a few suits, mostly classics and GTIs, for doing first flights. Stranded assets really for what they cost even used. Its sad really!

Sometimes when you help out the douche bags you are left with nothing.

Dude, that sucks. I borrowed a buddy's suit and ended up putting a small hole in it when a tandem student ran in front of me when I was landing. Choice was to hit the student or have a not so graceful slide in. I paid to have the small hole patched and sent a nice bottle of scotch back with the suit for the wear and tear I put on it. I say name the offender. A little shame will go a long way in behavior modification.>:(
50 donations so far. Give it a try.

You know you want to spank it
Jump an Infinity

Most recently the last suit came back and it had been taken apart to see how it was made

It was probably taken apart to make a pattern.

I'm sorry you are experiencing this kind of ungratefulness. I don't blame you for raising your prices. Those suits ain't free!

What do you call a beautiful, sunny day that comes after two cloudy, rainy
ones? -- Monday.

I say name the offender.

Amen. To the extent that they don't already from time to time, mfrs and DZs should be putting their heads together and sharing info on who is not to trust.

There's an advantage that skydiving is such a small sport.

No doubt one of the reasons to establish a rigid dealer program, for all the flaws.
My advice is to do what your parents did; get a job, sir. The bums will always lose. Do you hear me, Lebowski?

I have had to threaten police action to get one jumper to send a suit back after he quit answering my phone calls (caller ID) but when I found another phone with a different area code he answered right away it was amazing.

That happened to me once too when calling an asshole about borrowed stuff... I called one minute later with blocked caller ID and he answered and sounded really bothered when he heard it was me... You don't have the ability to block caller ID in USA?

We went out and purchased every size of Prodigy available and people have been acting like they could give a fuck less because it is not theirs.

That's incredible. If I break a thing I'm a bit sorry and move on, but if I break someone else's it bugs me for weeks even after having compensated them...

Things can break of course, but taking things apart? I had thought of doing something similar to you, but this made me change my mind.

Damn man, that sucks... WTF, taking a suit apart and then putting it together, that is just really really shitty. I say name them... (although you might be accused of slander?)
Costyn van Dongen - http://www.flylikebrick.com/ - World Wide Wingsuit News

Most recently the last suit came back and it had been taken apart to see how it was made

It was probably taken apart to make a pattern.

I'm sorry you are experiencing this kind of ungratefulness. I don't blame you for raising your prices. Those suits ain't free![/reply

We had a situation where a customer took our suit to a pattern maker (who I know) to copy the pattern, and then claimed the design was his. Luckily losers like that are also generally incredibly stupid, and don' have a feel for the bigger picture. Who would want to buy a suit from someone who so lacks in ethics and integrity? Not if your life depends on it!
[:/]

(pronounced G - jii is the force that makes you fly!)

Jii-Wings - no strings!

Jason-

That sucks and I'm sorry to hear it. However for every tool out there that screws you over I'm sure there are a ton of people you help out and they appreciate it. Without people like Ed, Ted, and yourself people like me would have never gotten into wingsuit flying.

I did my first flight a few months back and loved it, but I wasn't sure about suit purchases or anything along those lines. I called a ton of people to find a demo with no luck. Luckily I kept trying and Ed (bodypilot1) sent me a suit without ever meeting me. It was his trust in me that allowed me to get back in the air in a wingsuit. Needless to say I purchased the suit, and I'll remember his kindness when I some day own several suits and someone wants to borrow one.

So for every d-bag who hoses you there are ten more who greatly appreciate what you do for us. Hopefully these bad apples won't ruin it for the rest of us out there.

Remember what goes around comes around.

Edit for spelling.

"You start off your skydiving career with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience up before your bag of luck runs out."

B|[:/]ouch that sucks man. which suit was taken apart? if people want to do that they should taken apart, buy their own suit.
there will still be people out there who say that they can stand up *most* landings, but then in reality they can't

Where is my fizzy-lifting drink?

It was prodigy and no this person was not an up and coming wingsuit designer --- just a dickhead.
I was even told by a manufacture that they would trust this person --- just shows that trust can only go so far.

For the record the suit was not totally taken apart just the bottom leg wing stitching and then sewn back together with an off color thread and not straight at all. The suit is not damaged it is the principle of the matter.

redic. surprising too b/c there is no reason to take apart a prodigy, visual inspection will tell all.

Maybe someone looking into if they should buy one, and did it to see if they can easely mod the legwing to make it larger (and didnt want to damage a suit of their own later-on)

I heard quite a few people talking/asking about that....could very well be...?
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

what a cheap f@*$ing bastard. seriously, what is the cost offset by making your own as opposed to buying from and supporting a major manufacturer? time, materials, etc.??????
not to mention the embarrasment when someone figures out where and who is flying the crap. probably can't fly worth a damm anyway. that is some funny stuff. what a loser.
i bet you really can't wait to show off your new threads to others involved in the sport now :)

that fucking blows. i was actually of all things about to post a public thank you to you guys, as i had a blast on the gs1 again this weekend..

so there it is.. a sincere thank you from me to you both, and if youe ever in the area, endless beers are yours.

vibes to you. and a hearty hear hear. there are some of us out here who appreciate a little old school spirit from time to time..

that fucking blows. i was actually of all things about to post a public thank you to you guys, as i had a blast on the gs1 again this weekend..

The GS1 is a little different on the demo program --- I didn't pay for it so I don't charge to send it out as you know.

Have fun with it and send it back before Halloween if you decide not to buy it.

Send a thank you to Jii-Wings as they are the one who have enabled you to have free demos.

I do have a list of people I would send demos to at a drop of a hat as they have taken care of and met all the time requirements ---- avenfoto you are one along with all other that demoed the GS1 in the past except for the one that I had to threaten with police action ---- I will not name him but if anyone is about to send a demo to someone they don't know PM me and I will tell you if you should or not.

its too bad a few bad apples spoil the rest.