kevin922

GS1 info

Just wanted to bring everyone's attention to this URL which has more detailed info about the GS1.

I had a discussion over a year ago with someone about the ability to "zip out" wings and basically have one suit you can put different wings on, i'm glad to see this idea has come to production!

Can't wait to try this suit out. I hear a promotional price of 8000 zar (1,237.86) for the 1st 100 suits sold is going to be offered, no word on the price after those 100.

Kevin

Hi All,

That is the suit that I tried on- it is just awesome. The finish and attention to detail is superb. Cant wait to fly it.

Although reserve puff swallowing wasnt ever an issue of my SG suit (I suspect that problems arose when jusping suits that didnt fit perfectly), this has been completely eliminated in the new suit.

Did you check out the zipper site?

The zips just blew me away, they really are a work of art.

Simon

" Pull time?
Although the rig is submerged into the “rig box ©” for aerodynamic efficiency, access to the hackey is in no way obscured. The design of the wing does not allow for the repositioning of the BOC pouch on the leg for example."

Can anyone with experience of this suit please comment on that. How can the pilotchute NOT be obscured by the wing? It looks pretty embedded to me.

http://www.jii-wings.com/gallery/wings05.jpg

/Micke N

Holy crap is that a sexy wingsuit or what? It almost makes me want to buy one already. Not to fly it, but just to wear it when I'm out in town for some drinks.

The measurement documents includes some rig measurements. What if you jump multiple rigs, like a skydive and a base rig? If I skydive with a huge container because it holds a large reserve and a BASE canopy, will my BASE container completely sink in and be gone?

I'm not actually considering to do wingsuit BASE, I'm just satisfying a curiousity here.

Thanks,

JAap

I'm not actually considering to do wingsuit BASE

Bullshit, Yes you are. :P Everyone is considering wingsuit BASE. Some are just further along than others. :D

As for the rig measurements, they're all about the emergency handles in the front. I don't know what kind of BASE rig you have, but I doubt emergeny handle measurements are going to be a problem. As for how they're going to accomodate different sized rigs, I have no idea.

Ted
Like a giddy school girl.

Bullshit, Yes you are. Everyone is considering wingsuit BASE. Some are just further along than others.

:)
Fair enough. Right now, too many people are dying though. I'm not enough of a pioneer to give it a try right now. I think the Prodigy is a good first step, but it'll be a few good years before technology has caught up with my comfort level.

" Pull time?
Although the rig is submerged into the “rig box ©” for aerodynamic efficiency, access to the hackey is in no way obscured. The design of the wing does not allow for the repositioning of the BOC pouch on the leg for example."

Can anyone with experience of this suit please comment on that. How can the pilotchute NOT be obscured by the wing? It looks pretty embedded to me.

http://www.jii-wings.com/gallery/wings05.jpg

/Micke N

To answer the rig box / rig size question.... see attached diagram with dimensions of the rig box.
Access to the hackey was foremost in the design of this feature

To answer the rig box / rig size question.... see attached diagram with dimensions of the rig box.
Access to the hackey was foremost in the design of this feature

I understand the box is large enough to give some space between the pc-handle and the wing. But won't the large wing cover the handle when you reach for it???

/Micke N

this is a S.W.A.G. (scientific wild ass guess) but I assume that the wings deflate for easy access... Even if it covers the hack, it wont stop you from pulling. I have had the wing on my S3 cover the hacky a time or 2 and still was able to pull...
Leroy

..I knew I was an unwanted baby when I saw my bath toys were a toaster and a radio...

This picture from the site seems to show that the tension of the fabric keeps the wing tight.
So unlike the S3/V1 etc. there is no loose fabric that kan flap between your hand and your hackey.

I don't know if this is whats actualy happening, but judging these pictures it seems like a less 'problematic' (overstatement) pull then what most of us are used to on other high-range suits..
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

or you could just be really 'Hollywood' like some of those tall South Africans, who were flying various versions of these suits, and do a barrel roll before deployment, grabbing the PC handle while on your back and the relative winds is blowing the wing away from the handle (I think it would deflate the rigbox too), then just keep rotating until you are belly down and let that PC fly..... B|

I'm not saying that this is what is needed, I'm just saying that this is what I understood these guys were doing, from talking to them.

soon to be gone

Hey voodew.
Will it be the SG-1 (sugarglider) demo or a new GS-1 demo that you'll have at AOT? ....Can't wait.

Voodew, where you getting the info about having a demo there?

It will have to be a GS1, sugargliders were never production (and won't be) and only 12 were made.

I believe they were "research" for the GS1.

Kevin

It will be a GS-1 and it has been promised to me by the first week in September......

Its not really a demo its a birthday present for someone very special to me ------ME!!!!!!B|

If you fit in it and your qualified I will not hesitate to loan it out -- Oh you must be able to stand up a landing.

If your not qualified for the GS1 I will put you in a Prodigy and we will fly -- I will have all sizes of Prodigys for this event along with some VampireV1s and a few other types of demos.

See ya there

The pimp hand is powdered up ... say something stupid

this has already been discussed here http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=1761481#1761481
We will be making an announcement soon, we have engaged a new test pilot and we're busy finalising contracts etc, our focus for next three months however is not development but production! :)

It looks very impressive!

Did you check out the zipper site? Seems the swiss make more than cookoo clocks and Swiss Army Knives!

RIRI does the zippers for Alinghi... The boat that brought back the America's cup to Europe... Even if we are not in EUROPE... And we don't have a sea... Do^'t know if Team Shosholoza uses Riri too...
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

Even if we are not in EUROPE...

Economically no, Geographically, most certainly...;)

Europe is a continent, you don't get to choose to be a member of that. I certainly wouldn't if I could.;)

Don't the Swiss make great chocolate too? (Toblerones?)
Lee _______________________________

In a world full of people, only some want to fly, is that not crazy?
http://www.ukskydiver.co.uk