mccordia

Selfportrait =)

Nice red eyes - do you always jump without googles or was this a special photo op?

I'd been jumping my Gath helmet with visor (see my avatar) before this jump, and walked into the plane without ever thinking about taking along goggles. I usualy don't jump without goggles B|

The camera is on a small jointed arm (short one) so it can move around a bit if I want different views, or more background (ponting the camera to the side a bit).
The lens of the camera is only a few centimeters away from my nose.
The weight/strain on my neck is much less then what I feel wearing the flat-top pro from a friend, with front-mounted stills.

The lens on this jump was a 0.3
I'm going to try it with a 0.25 lens from Waycool lateron.

There's a big flocking weekend in Holland next month (16/17 April) with about 20 registered Birds. I'm going to try and shoot some cool footage with this setup.

I was thinking about putting a mirroring visor on my helmet. That would also add a front-view to the image.
But no matter what, I will be wearing goggles...

Although it actualy wasnt too bad, because the camera was shielding/breaking the wind in front of my eyes.
I did a few rolls and a frontflip. Its really wierd to see your body move and have your head remain stationary in the frame:P
The footage under canopy was also pretty cool. Definately something I'm gonna have a lot of fun with :)

here's another still from my opening.
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

Dan Preston (Atair) sells a lens that shoots straight back at you. The early ones looked sort of like an engine valve sticking off the end of the camera, but the newer ones are totally enclosed and very small. There is only the slightest indication that the camera is taking a reflected image (a small dot in the middle of frame), but that can be taken out in editing.

If a photo made me look like that, I'd burn it, not post it on the internet!:o

So that's why your homepage doesn't have any close-ups of your face :P

But yea..I know it's not the most romantic view of myself I'll ever see, but I excitement won over from shame when it came to showing the result :S
But when wearing cool goggles or a reflective visor it might actualy look cool, instead of the 'retard in a fishtank' look it has now B|

I'm borrowing part of this setup from a friend (using part of his foot-mount) I'm jumping it again in 2 weeks, I'll post a pic of the setup then.

And feetflyer...here's a pic to prove that I can find other people to jump with ;) I miss jumping with you though...(no matter how much fun those snow-mobiles might be:P)
Nobody else I know would deliberately totaly screw up an exit from the Herc just to 'flip the bird' at the camera and get a laughB|

Cya l8rs!
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

I'll post a pic as soon as I'm jumping it again (I'm missing the ball-joint attachment piece that I'm borrowing from a friends footmount for this) hopefully in 2 weeks or so.

But I've attached a rough sketch of what it looks like.
Nothing fancy. I think most people will be able to fabricate something like this.

It snaps onto the manfrotto plate on top of my helmet, and has 2 small ball-joints that help aim the camera (side-views would also be possible, but wouldn't want to try that in fear of passing risers on opening)

Because it's quite close to my head, the weight is not really an issue.
But a heavyer (photo)camera, or placement further away from your head would/could probabl put a lot of strain on your neck.

One of those lipstick-cams would probably be ideal for something like this, as the weight is not an issue, and you could even put it 1 meter in front of you if you'd want to (making you into a flying narwal:P)

Anyways...check the attachment
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

So if you watch it on TV you either have to stand on your head or turn the TV upside down?

You just need to put all your plugs in upside down an everything wil be fine:P

neeh...but some camera's probably can flip the image as some sort of effect, but doing it during editing with a program like Premiere, Media Studio, Miro Studio (enter any program of choice here)....is probably easyest..

Great video!
That longer boom really helps in keeping the image free of distortion.
When you see my moving footage, it looks like a skydiving Umpa-Lumpa. With yours everything keeps it's proportions.
I don't think I'd dare to mount my camera further away from my face, it would become too heavy.
But I'm guessing that's a lipstick-cam you are using (and that the camera is in the pouch on your belly)?
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

Nobody else I know would deliberately totaly screw up an exit from the Herc just to 'flip the bird' at the camera and get a laughB|

It had to be done.. I had to send that message to Fordy because he was "flipping me off" in every other jump at the boogie :P

<>

If a photo made me look like that, I'd burn it, not post it on the internet!:o

So that's why your homepage doesn't have any close-ups of your face :P

!

Depends which home page you mean.

mmae.iit.edu/people/professors/kallend.php

really doesn't matter which homopage you look at from kallend they both seem like they were designed by a special ed program. they suck.:o

really doesn't matter which homopage you look at from kallend they both seem like they were designed by a special ed program. they suck.:o

Why don't you take a couple of weeks off from this forum. You can use the time do design some web pages yourself. I'll gladly critique them for you.
Safe swoops
Sangiro