ManBird

PF Pants+Jacket are here!

They're here. Whoo! This "bootie" system is very cool. You'll just have to see it, if you haven't already. The size and shape of the inlets and outlets on the pants make a lot of sense -- sort of somehwre between the BirdMan Pantz and the concept of smoking pants, but improved and far more refined. Zippers on the pants -- YES! This will make life very easy. I just need to remember to wear something underneath them.

The jacket is stylin'. This is probably the coolest jacket I own -- on par with my Nintendo jacket. It seriously looks cool. Like if I wore this out to a bar, it wouldn't just be acceptable -- chicks would start making out with me and ninjas would do like seven backflips and then bow respectfully (as well they should). The inlets are somewhat similar to the front air deflectors on the Skyflyer suits. Only instead of just feeding air over, they feed into the jacket.

Everything is all this like kickass slick ZP. My suit is all black -- sort of like what a ninja might wear. Only I'll be able to fly better than ninjas (that's why they're bowing respectfully to me all the time). I can't wait to jump these.
"¯"`-._.-¯) ManBird (¯-._.-´"¯"

Click

Only I'll be able to fly better than ninjas (that's why they're bowing respectfully to me all the time). I can't wait to jump these.

you wanna jump ninja's ??? Parachutes de France is not distributed in the US :P:P

post pics of your new equipment and tell us if it is really efficient. They definitely look nice on the PF website.
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

That sounds awesome - and by awesome I mean totally sweet.

...you were referencing RUP, right?

Yeah.

I just discovered the waterproofness of this jacket. I wore it out to lunch and it was raining outside. Water beads up better on this jacket than any Gore-tex or snowboarding jacket I've ever owned. Water doesn't make it into the inlets, either. Even if I didn't jump, I'd take this over a Arc'teryx any day. The hood storage and the way the pockets are built make this a lot more functional. I also got compliments on the jacket from friends and co-workers, who didn't even realize what it's for. My girlfriend thinks it's hot (remember what I said about making out?).

I also just noticed that there are inlets on the perimeter of the pants, from the hips to right above the knee. I tried the whole outfit on. Once you see how the adjustable are when worn, and where all the inlets are positioned, you can really see why these suckers fly like a wingsuit.

I have over 200 jumps with BirdMan BASE Pantz. Even though I haven't jumped these yet, I can tell you that these feel more like having a machine on my legs, if that makes sense. Like I'm feeling the same sort of presence from them that I feel with the leg wing of a wingsuit (without the constriction). It's hard to describe. Basically, you can tell right away that these aren't just pants. Good stuff.

Click

Damn man, Robi needs to hire you as a salesman. I've never been interested in any sort of pants really, even after seeing all the "nice ass" (BM Pantz) festivites at the DZ. But you've just about got me sold on these. Plus the fact that they sound like they are pretty high performance (for a pair of pants)... I've *heard* they rival the performance of a Classic in the right hands. I never even tried BM pants so I could be wrong, but it didn't sound like it was worth it for such a small boost in performance.

Plus I like the idea of a cool looking jacket+pants (for wearing around whuffos and bragging about what it's really for when they comment on its awesomeness) more than cool pants alone. I've never had a cool jacket in general. Cool looking + human flightsuit = more than I can ask for. If I get them I'm going all black too.

While writing this post I headbutted my cat.
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

could you also give us your impression on the possibility to jump from planes with pantz and jacket... Do you think it would be resistant enough to support like a winter season of tracking from planes ??
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

Damn.

I just got a tag on my door from the USPS saying that I wasn't home receive the package. I know it's my PF pants+jacket and I can't wait to get them out to the DZ this weekend.

I wanted to try them on last night and run around the house pretending like I'm flying! ;)

Lou

I've placed my order, will be collecting my pants/jacket at Eloy. Can't wait.B|

I don't fancy hiking in a ZP sweatsuit, will it fit comfortably over regular clothes when gearing up at the exit point? Robi, do you guys allow for this or should people order for a slightly looser fit?

Will

i put it on today and it fit comfy over the top of a tshirt and shorts. I suspect that the coat would fit over a long sleeve tshirt no prob. The pants are baggy and have a long zipper on the side for getting them on and off easier.
Leroy

..I knew I was an unwanted baby when I saw my bath toys were a toaster and a radio...

The PF pants and jacked were designed so that both items fit comfortably over regular clothes.Especially pants are designed to be very light, gives better flight characteristics and they are light and small pack volume in stash bag too ;)
Zippers are there to make them easy to put on and off.
During the summer time you wear them in stash bag while during the winter time pants give you extra heating ;).

Bootie hook - is simple and easy to install. Just fold the tab over the shoe lace and close it.

The pants have to be long , way longer than most of people thing it should be. The bootie velcro sandwich can be placed on three different position which gives you easy opportunity in finding the best position for each flight.
Robert Pecnik
[email protected]
www.phoenix-fly.com

I geared up and took pictures last night. I'm at work right now, but I'll crop and comment when I get the chance.

could you also give us your impression on the possibility to jump from planes with pantz and jacket... Do you think it would be resistant enough to support like a winter season of tracking from planes ??

Oh, heck yeah. BASE is the harsher environment, IMO. Any gear that can stand up to BASE can stand up to skydiving. It's a fairly thick ZP with some parts tougher than other (where needed) and all sorts of re-enforcement everywhere. Robi built some pretty tough over at BirdMan. On my BASE Pantz, I eventually had a tiny tear in the mesh, that's it. The mesh on these pants is tough as can be. It feels almost like chicken wire. There's no way the mesh will tear on here unless it is done very deliberately.

did you try hooking the booty hook to you shoes yet? my pants seem longer than they need to be. how farup do you pull the pants up? ala erkel style?

Are you hooking it up to the top of your shoe, or near your toe? It should be near your toe. Did you notice that the bootie is adjustable? In which slot did you put the card? I have mine in the second slot and connect it to the end of my shoe. I wear the pants just above my hips, like any other pants. And these are definitely very large -- I ordered them that way on purpose. They're adjustable enough to keep them from being too big.

I don't fancy hiking in a ZP sweatsuit, will it fit comfortably over regular clothes when gearing up at the exit point? Robi, do you guys allow for this or should people order for a slightly looser fit?

Definitely. In fact, you should have no issue fitting protective gear under the suit. It folds up nicely, so it's easy to pack away. Then you just put on the jacket (which will fit over your clothes very easily). Then put on the rig. Then unzip the legs and fly on the pants to easily put them on without removing your shoes or any protective wear. I did order my suit a bit on the big side.

Are the knee and butt reinforcements tough enough to tolerate hundreds of tandem landings?

I would avoid butt slides, as I did with my BirdMan Pantz (which are all ZP on the back). And taking these pants on a tandem would undoubtedly send the pair into a noticeable track.

I'll be taking these from a plane and a high subterminal object this weekend.

Click

I got stuck waiting and, you know how it goes, picked up the nearest magazine and thumbed it. I realized how much I hate magazines -- especially the "Gen-X" ones. But I also like irony, so I've decided to present my Phoenix Fly suit in the form of my most abhorred magazine page layouts. I hope you will find these entertaining and informative, and for God's sake, don't take them seriously.

The Hipster Ad
Think iPod. Think Sony. Think 24 to 36 year old male. This is the only one of the bunch that offers any information. It's a soft sell for the consumer that likes to make an informed decision.

The Hip-Hop Fashion Page
Get yo fly on! This suit has as much fashion as it does function. Dope! If you've opened up a magazine that tries to sell lifestyle through fashion, then you'll get the humor in this.

The Edgey Article
I'm sick of magazines trying to edgey. Trying to swear left and right and be controversial to make 15 year old girls giggle. Well, I'm all about making teens giggle. What? Note my girlfriend's "wingsuit" off to the right. She made that. :)

Please note that I am not affiliated with Phoenix Fly in any way. The views expressed in these images are not those of Phoenix Fly (nor myself, for that matter).

Click

Boy, you ain't right and you have ENTIRELY too much free time on your hands. That is some Fuuuuuunny shit dude. But a REAL ninja would of had the hood up with the draw string pulled tight:P Nice job on the layouts.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING