dogdoghowl

New Rig for wingsuit flying.

I am buying a new rig. I have settled on a Sabre2 150, but am still tossing up container options. My new rig is to be primarily for wingsuit flying.

I am thinking of getting an Odyssey, although a friend of mine has been having some trouble with his riser covers coming open (perhaps due to the hard inserts?). Open riser covers is certainly not something I want to deal with on wingsuit flights - and lets face it, if I am buying new why should I get anything less than perfect.

The other option I am considering is a Mirage G4, a damn fine container from what I have seen. Anyway, any opinions on these containers/ any suggestions for other containers.

I await your reply bird-people.

Look for rigs that offer split corners or "Dynamic corners" This will promote a clean bag extraction off your back and will help reduce occurance of line twists. Also look got the longer bridle option that some rigs offer. Those two are required for me on any new rig I'm looking at.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

I use my Racer Elite with absolutly no problems despite not having the Birdman mods on the container. I attribute it to the way the bottom of the pack tray is constructed allows for clean D bag deployment. Wings also has very good Birdman friendly options for no extra charge that are worth looking at.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

I am thinking of getting an Odyssey, although a friend of mine has been having some trouble with his riser covers coming open (perhaps due to the hard inserts?). Open riser covers is certainly not something I want to deal with on wingsuit flights - and lets face it, if I am buying new why should I get anything less than perfect.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

His riser covers are probably coming open because of excess bulk. Whether that extra bulk is metal riser inserts or simply too much reserve canopy bulk will require close inspection.
The next time he gets his reserve repacked, ask his rigger to pack less reserve canopy in the top corners.
See if that helps.

Wings is an excellent container for wingsuit flying. There were ties between Sunrise Rigging and BirdMan in the design. They understand what a rig needs for skyflying. The lateral size and position is perfect for attaching a wingsuit without stressing the teeth on the wings. Plus they're inexpensive. The Infinity is almost interchangeable with the Wings container in this sense (size and shape of laterals, price, available wingsuit mods).

If money is not an issue and SunPath will sell you the Bergman bag, get an Odyssey with open corners and the Bergman bag. The only thing I don't like about the Odyssey, though, is the size and shape of the laterals, which usually end up barely fitting into the space where you skip a tooth while attaching a suit. It could eventually cause damage to the teeth. As far as Mirage goes... it's a great rig but the price, IMO, is totally unjustified.
"¯"`-._.-¯) ManBird (¯-._.-´"¯"

Click

Wings EXT with all the BirdMan mods.

Mine came today at lunch time but no one was available to sign for it so the UPS guy took it back with him. Now I have to wait until monday, but I can look at yours this weekend.:D
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

I may be wrong or misinterpreted the rigger at Wings, but the mod on the container basically is that you cut the binding tape seam down the bottom of the main pack tray. If there is something else different than this, please let me know. for I am tired of spinners!!!

"Sure, those Golf Carts may look all warm and fuzzy, but they WILL take a chunk out of your ass!"

they do "cut" down the sides, but they also add a piece of material to each cut. Basically it is a square piece of material that folds up when you close the container...
Leroy

..I knew I was an unwanted baby when I saw my bath toys were a toaster and a radio...