faulknerwn

CFWR Update

a little critter. Shoot, can't think of the name of it, but some refer to it as possum on the hard shell.

I think you're indicating an armadillo. The wildlife is fun down in Lake Wales. While Dean and I were out driving to pick up some jumpers who'd landed off, we saw some really tall cranes standing in someone's yard. They were about 4 feet tall and worth stopping to admire.

What really made my day on Friday was flying back toward the DZ after an attempted big-way, looking down, and seeing a bald eagle soaring over a field a couple thousand feet below me. It had a very wide wing span. A local told me there's a pair of them, and sometimes they will soar next to canopies that are flying near them.

It was a great week in Lake Wales!

Chris W

WOOHOO!! Congratulations to the CRW Dogs on BOTH their records in face of weather, aircraft and other issues. WAY TO GO! That is (if I add correctly) four for four on Large formation record camps this year. Womens FS, Womens FF, Open FF and Open CF. OUTSTANDING!!!! Large formation skydiving is alive and kicking in the world!!!
k

It was great having the CFWR Wrap-Up party at Ernie & Laura's house last night. Between Wendy's fabulous wrap videos and the multi-national drinking songs - all fueled by a generous supply of adult beverages, I think everyone had a good time.

Best wishes to all for safe travels back home.

Wow, what a week.

Kevin
======================
Seasons don't fear the Reaper,
nor do the Wind, the Sun, or the Rain...

I think there will be a time when we have 400-way RW record, 100-way VRW record and 100-way CRW record existing at the same time!

Let's just have them on seperate jump runs to avoid airspace conflicts. :o
======================
Seasons don't fear the Reaper,
nor do the Wind, the Sun, or the Rain...

I had an awesome time over there. Planning to write `Approaching the Big-way 2'. Hope to see a lot of you dogs/dogess in Empuria Spain end of may.

Here's an easy to brouwse `who was in the team' page: http://www.cluebox.org/~remko/wr/people/index.html (missing a few).

--
Everything you know is wrong. But some of it is a useful first approximation.

Now that would be the ultimate "hybrid" skydive.

Exit at God's height. I dunno, maybe 30k.

Build a 400 way rw formation, get rid of 300 folk, and then build a 100 way vrw formation, and then the fun begins. Deployment mayhem and build the 100 way crw formation. And then have a 100 way formation swoop landing.......

One of my all time favourite jumps was a 2 way exiting a porter. We chased the plane as it decended into a cloud. Then we got together and did some vrw (this was about 12 years ago BTW), then we turned some rw points, then we broke off and jubed it, then we deployed and did some crw, including a downplane, and finally landed right next to the hangar. I did this with a guy who now has many thousands of jumps and he still enjoys it as much now as he did then, so the vibe was there as well.

Anyway, back to today. . . . .
Stay Safe - Have Fun - Good Luck

The above could be crap, thought provoking, useful, or . . But not personal. You decide.

closest I came to the 'big-way hybrid' type jump was linking up with John Sikorsky after the world record 2-point 121-way FS jump - everyone on the ground jumped up and down about doing 2 points, but John and I were enjoying being the only ones with 3 points on that dive!:P

The photo's of the 81 and 85-ways are stunning. Well done all.

Blue skies!
Gordon
Beware of advice from those with more posts than jumps ;-)

Let's see - me, Taz. Sharon, Cheryl, Marcie, Liz, Annie, Petra, (Gauda would have been if she hadn't broken her leg) - I think 7 ?

Sadly I was not on the actual record. I flew pin (and occasionally #3) for the "B" team all week. Mind you, we were doing better than the "A" team for a bit.

Next time...
CRW Diva #9
D-25905