ladyskydiver

At what jump number did you start CRW?

Hi Ladyskydiver
74 jumps and 1 cutaway...your ready to start phase
one. Read everything you can find on CReW. Find
someone that will teach/coach you. Plan a safe dive
like any other skydive "not to complicated".
When CReW is done right...it looks good from the
ground, when it's done wrong...it looks spectacular!

...mikeB|

CRW intrigues me, and I (eventually) am interested in doing it. At what jump, did you do start doing CRW?

-----------------------------------
Mike Wheadon B-3715,HEMP#1
Higher Expectations for Modern Parachutists.

CRW intrigues me, and I (eventually) am interested in doing it. At what jump, did you do start doing CRW?

I had several hundred jumps when I did CRW first, but my rule for teaching people is 20 jumps and their own gear (i.e. non-student rigs.) We have a great time.
W

It's not so much the number of jumps you have as it is the experience and judgment of the person(s) you are doing CRW with.

With the more experienced Dogs, you could start at any time.

CRW Skies,

Michael
D-6139

67 jumps right now, no CRW. One of the goals I've set for myself this season is get my 4 stack award, and maybe do a downplane. For some reason, the stack seems scarier than the downplane to me.

Anyone know if Sky Knights or Hinckley has a regular group of CRW jumpers?

For some reason, the stack seems scarier than the downplane to me.

Nothing scary about CReW. Your just flying around with somebody's feet wrapped around your A lines!!!!

Seriously, get some CReW jumps under you belt. You will learn more about flying your canopy in 10 CReW jumps than you will on 100 by yourself.

Big side note... for the midwestener's SGC is holding a CRW camp memorial weekend. Goal is to break the state record of 12 and teach as many people about CRW as possible. We have 19 out of 25 slots filled and are looking for more. For more info http://www.ohiocrw.org/memorial.html If there is interst in teaching or learning they want to know so they can have more demo canopies and instructors there.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

Anyone know if Sky Knights or Hinckley has a regular group of CRW jumpers?

LOL Actually, there are a few people at Sky Knights that do CRW. My boss is one of them, and one I trust enough to have asked him to do a CRW jump.
Life is short! Break the rules! Forgive quickly! Kiss slowly! Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably. And never regret anything that made you smile.

This is no lie - I got docked on at 13 jumps. It scared the hell out of me, but they guy who did it has been jumping since I wasn't even alive so I felt okay with it as he gave me very concise instructions on what to do well beforehand...

-- (N.DG) "If all else fails – at least try and look under control." --

Big side note... for the midwestener's SGC is holding a CRW camp memorial weekend. Goal is to break the state record of 12 and teach as many people about CRW as possible. We have 19 out of 25 slots filled and are looking for more. For more info http://www.ohiocrw.org/memorial.html If there is interst in teaching or learning they want to know so they can have more demo canopies and instructors there.

Any idea about what wingloading I would have to fly? Also, I've seen people cautioned about flying Lightnings with low jump numbers. My guess is that I will be at around 80-85 jumps by then, if the spring weather and my job cooperate.

I had one grab with an attempted dock sometime around 40- 50 jumps but never did hookup due to the big difference in canopy size and performance.

As a side note WHAT IS A GOOD JUMP NUMBER/ EXPERIENCE LEVEL BEFORE REALLY ATTEMPTING TO DO CReW?

CSA #699 Muff #3804

Hey Scott

As a side note WHAT IS A GOOD JUMP NUMBER/ EXPERIENCE LEVEL BEFORE REALLY ATTEMPTING TO DO CReW?

SHEEEESH.....ask an easier question next time would ya.......there isnt one good answer......
It depends on who your learning from, you have a wealth of knowlege at Richland (when they show up) BJ, Ken, Putnam.............once a jumper can maintain a larger bubble of awareness (different for each person) and has good basic canopy skills they are good to go, try to avoid the gorilla crew, lines hurt!!!!!........ getting good coaching is the key.... or if you dont want to wait for them to drag their sorry butts to the dz, there are I believe several CRW camps coming up, course that costs money unless I am mistaken.......
heheheh, course ...........;)ya could do crw with me.........all we would have to do is shorten your front risers.......oh.........bout 8" to make it dive enough........LOL

see you at the DZ...
Roy

They say I suffer from insanity.... But I actually enjoy it.

#35 or sumthinruther with a very experienced CRW jumper. I docked on him and was just waiting for some kind of entanglement to happen. It didn't happen so all was good and it was a lot of fun. Now I do as much as I can but still not as much as I want.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

Jump # 69 - First CRW, First wrap, First Cutaway, First Reserve ride....last round jump - 26' Navy Conical Reserve.
Nobody came near me for 500 jumps then I gotconvinced to try it again by a buddy. We did a stack...my legs were like jelly!
Next jump, we went up and did stack, biplane, side by side and downplane.
I did lots of crw for several years after that, until everybody got microlined canopies, and ALWAYS did a downplane with people on their first crw jump.
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey

1.25-1.35 (out the door) should put you relative with just about everybody else. Don't worry about the heavy wing loading. It won't be a safety factor for 99% of the skydive ;)

Michael
D-6139

I had one grab with an attempted dock sometime around 40- 50 jumps but never did hookup due to the big difference in canopy size and performance.

I probably had about 300 jumps. A friend and I were very closely matched in weight, and since we had the same canopy, we thought it'd work.

Of course, the canopies were round:)
We probably docked on 10-15 jumps, until he went and got a square, the wimp. I tried round-round with others, but they weren't experienced enough. Done some square-square, too, but not in a long time. And it was probably with 500+ jumps.

Wendy W.

There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

...Of course, the canopies were round:)
We probably docked on 10-15 jumps, until he went and got a square...

Wendy W.

Most excellent!!!! I can only guess how much fun it was to get those rounds together...even if they were
PC's.
...mike
-----------------------------------
Mike Wheadon B-3715,HEMP#1
Higher Expectations for Modern Parachutists.

On my 62nd jump, three of us (all sub-100 jump wonders) decided to open at 7500' and see if we could get close to one another under canopy. I not only got close, but actually touched ends cells and pilot chutes with my feet. After getting down we decided to get some CRW coaching since none of us knew what we were doing.

My first real CRW dive was on jump 87.

Bob