weegegirl

2005 Freefly Goals

Okay, so season is starting to kick off for a lot of us. (Yes, I know, some of us are blessed with year-round seasons! brats! :P)

What are your freeflying goals for the 2005 season? How are you going to achieve them?

For me...

1 - I spent most of last season on my head... I want more balance this season... get back on my feet a bit.

2 - I need to work on taking out large hd exits. For whatever reason, this is one of my weaker areas. Since I don't have Sporto around to smack my forehead now (:D) I guess I better start working on it!

3 - Back Flying - I've spent very little time working on this. Going to devote more time to it this season... maybe hit up a tunnel camp for some training.

[ED] Season is started!! YAY!!! [/ED] B|

For me....

I also want to spend more time flying upright....I've gotten rusty, and it seems all of Tecumseh is going to be doing much more upright flying this year, with good reason.

Big way skills.....enough said.

Transitions....I need to clean them up a little.

And I really need to do more tshirt and shorts jumps. B|

Wrong Way
D #27371 Mal Manera Rodriguez Cajun Chicken Ø Hellfish #451
The wiser wolf prevails.

get as good headdown as I am on my head up and work on autmonauti we did a quick bit of it the other day on a track dive it was fun...

in addition I want to work a lot on two way jumping and organizing 2 way jumps with mates...

Cheers

Dave
http://www.skyjunky.com

CSpenceFLY - I can't believe the number of people willing to bet their life on someone else doing the right thing.

Okay, so season is starting to kick off for a lot of us. (Yes, I know, some of us are blessed with year-round seasons! brats! :P)

What are your freeflying goals for the 2005 season? How are you going to achieve them?

For me...

1 - I spent most of last season on my head... I want more balance this season... get back on my feet a bit.

2 - I need to work on taking out large hd exits. For whatever reason, this is one of my weaker areas. Since I don't have Sporto around to smack my forehead now (:D) I guess I better start working on it!

3 - Back Flying - I've spent very little time working on this. Going to devote more time to it this season... maybe hit up a tunnel camp for some training.

I plan on spending my summer working on my sit and backflying/tracking. But mostly sit. I would like to be good enough by the end of this summer to initiate and complete docks.
Why yes, my license number is a palindrome. Thank you for noticing.

HD docks with my two team mates.

Better control of forward/backward/sideslipping. Becoming better at HD to HD transitions.

Learn to fly daffy style.

Spent most of last season (about 300 out of 400 jumps) head up. This season I plan to spend 300 on HD, 100 on head up.

Gonna achieve the goals by (hopefullly) going to RUssia for three weeks of intensive jumping/training. And generally try to be serious about the training and not do so many pure fun jumps.

Well my season has been rolling (I'm one of the brats! :P) but there has NOT been much to play with, to improve the headdown skills and it's quite frustrating. I'm not opposed to being on my feet and am very comfy there and can always tweek those skills but I had a goal last year, that was SCREWED by the hurricanes and now I can't seem to get back on track. Lots of changes in the old life these days but my goal is to get proficient on my head, in smaller and larger stuff. Just wanna really "fly the old body". Also have made it a BIG GOAL to focus on every jump, no matter what it is, to backtrack. I was never forced to do this and if I want to do bigger headdown stuff, I know it is a must!

Hope to see some of you soon....so we can all practice together ;)

Dreams become reality, one choice at a time...

2005 Freefly Goals

1. Stay Whole! Fuck broken bones, I'm done with that shiot! :D

2. Start being upside down somewhere else besides the tunnel.

3. Team Training for 2006 Nationals. It's ambitious but I'm a tunnel rat too so hopefully I won't make too big an ass out of myself with all the tunnel time added in. This is all reliant on my body and how much jumpin it will actually take. If I'm not ready to put my best foot forward I'll wait another year, partner might not like it but if I can't walk I can't jump.

4. Get invited on a big way that I am ready and capable for. Who knows how long this will take. I'm not worried, when I'm ready I'll do it, no rush till then.

5. HD and sit exits. Obviously a major area in need of work for a tunnel rat! :D

6. Have Revlon use a picture of me for their advertisements. (I have connections that are a Revlon, as in member of one of the 6 richest families ever!) I have an idea for a photo guy but if anyone else in the DeLand are is interested, let me know. I think I can make this happen. I'm super pumped! Get in on the action and become alomst famous! I won't be able to pay much but I figure a Revlon ad would be incentive enough (great resume builder too).
Tunnel Pink Mafia Delegate
www.TunnelPinkMafia.com

My goal in freeflying is to move on to head down flying. I took my time and waited until i perfected my sitflying and standing. This isn't really a freefly goal, but I want to give a lot back to the sport this year by helping out students.

--I don't even know enough to know that I dont know--

1) Get sitflying in the sky down (I can do a little in the tunnel).

2) Start headdown in the sky.

Cheers

That's cool. May I make a suggestion that someone made to me, that I'm really glad I listened to?

Spend an entire season on your feet, without even attempting to get on your head. It will help you hugely later on. :)

Started getting some coaching on my feet and it is sloooooowly paying off!! Been on my feet for more than 1/2 my dives so far this season. Headup flying ROCKS! ;)

Faced this fact with some coaches the last couple of weekends. My exits are getting MUCH better!! I'm not staring at people's chests or driving in anymore. :)

Going to the tunnel in early June, baby!!! Thanks, Paige! ;)

I'm not staring at people's chests or driving in anymore.

2005 goals: Make more jumps with hot chicks and stare at their chests. jk.

Seriously, I would like to compete. Hard to find in the midwest but I'll travel somewhere by the end of summer. I'll lose but it will be fun.

Joe.

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so."

I've spent almost all my time thus far on my feet and i feel pretty confident in them, so i want to really get stuck into learning HD now, plus flying my camera and work towards my coach rating.

Advertisio Rodriguez / Sky

Slow my HD max from 224mph to 180, and slow the avg from 185 to 155.:S

I'm straight down, just hallin arse there. Apparently the only thing that fixes that is to relax. According to coach my body position is bout 99% right - just gotta relax.
Grr, soloing to relax is boooring. i've done over 30 solos just to get here. now if I go w/ someone on my level, they scare me & if I go w/ a good HD flier, I don't want to suck & so I stress. perhaps if i just keep changing during climb & freefall "relaxrelaxrelaxrelaxrelax" it'll come to me?[:/]

There is no can't. Only lack of knowledge or fear. Only you can fix your fear.

PMS #227 (just like the TV show)