Frodo

Your container?

I browsed through ~1,000 most recent threads and haven't found a poll quite like this one, so:

* Which container are you using? (sorry if I missed a couple in my list)

* Please upload a couple of pictures of your rig. I'm sure everyone will enjoy comparing each other's weird/cool designs, options, etc.

* What are the major pro's and con's of your rig?

* Let's say your rig is stolen. Which one would you buy next? Same? Another, but from same manufacturer? Or something else?

(I have nothing to post myself cos I don't own a rig >:( )

Tanks ;)

I browsed through ~1,000 most recent threads and haven't found a poll quite like this one, so:

* Please upload a couple of pictures of your rig. I'm sure everyone will enjoy comparing each other's weird/cool designs, options, etc.

* Let's say your rig is stolen. Which one would you buy next? Same? Another, but from same manufacturer? Or something else?

Tanks ;)

1. A Vector 3 M

2. It ordered but not yet arrived. No Picture yet :(

3. Pro = Skyhook. Also I colored it REAL nice B|
Con = its not here yet

4. I'd order the same again. I've jumped vectors in the past and always felt good about it :-)
PLUS I like the skyhook, which the new rig is sporting B|

1. For the past 7 years, a Vector 2. As of today, an Infinity. Pictures are attached below.

Pros: the interior riser covers, lower price, customer service rocked, and it fits wonderfully.

Cons: uhhh...I gues I just have to get used to a slightly different d-bag and closing setup.

from my 3 jumps on it so far, I would have no qualms about buying another Infinity.
Never meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!

Early model Vector 3. Pros: I prefer the enclosed pilot chut over the pop-top type, but that isn't a huge deal. Cons: The bridle isn't completely hidden (half inch exposed).

Would I buy another one? Probably not. It's a fine rig, but if I bought a new custom container, it would probably be an Infinity or a Wings (poor college student).

Tanks ;)

I get accussed of being pro Mirage because I own one. In reality I own one because I choose to. I had the option to buy any rig I wanted and chose Mirage. Used to own a Talon, good rig in it's day. I would buy another Mirage if I was shopping today.

never pull low......unless you are

I have a Dolphin. I my Dolphin very much. It loves me back.
On a related note - I was over at Skydive Kansas - and that is totally a Dolphin DZ - all the student rigs are Dolphins, and more than half of the jumpers there jump them.
Just an observation. NM

Blue Skies,
=========Shaun ==========

1. A brand-spanking-new Vector 3M, complete with Skyhook and some cool color options (like dual-color binding tape and other subtle things).

2. Later. I'm gonna go jump it instead of photographing it right now. ;)

3. So far, I can't see any cons at all. I guess I might have gone with stainless steel and mini rings if I was more fashion consious; some people would see the nickel hardware as a con, but I sure don't. It's very comfy and as bulletproof as anything I've ever seen on the DZ. Yes, they're a little more expensive, but fully optioned it was only about 15% more than an Infinity, and that included the Skyhook, so I don't think they're as 'ridiculously expensive' as the popular opinion would have you believe.

4. I'd buy the same thing over again... I might add some custom embroidery though. :)
7CP#1 | BTR#2 | Payaso en fuego Rodriguez
"I want hot chicks in my boobies!"- McBeth

I havn't jumped it yet but for whats its worth I will be jumping an OLD vector 2. Pros - price. Cons - you get what you pay for! I'll have to buy another rig when I start freeflying. B|

---------------------------------------------
let my inspiration flow,
in token rhyme suggesting rhythm...

TSE Teardrop SF

Pro's: Nothings going to move that reserve pin. Bombproof riser and main pin covers.

Con's: Nothing worth b*tching about.

My next rig will be a Vector Micron with a skyhook or a G4 or a TalonFS...theres nowt wrong with my current one though!...and if someone tries nicking it...well....they'd better hope i don't get hold of them! As a poor student - it's worth more than the rest of my possesions put together!!!:P

..and a couple of pics!

Mike

---------------------------------------
Ex-University of Bristol Skydiving Club
www.skydivebristoluni.com

FHM/Bullet

My container is older than most of my students now.
I never took a picture of it. It's not pretty.[:/]
Options...none

Pro's... saved my life over 500 times( were friends).
Con's... It's not pretty:(

I leave my gear at the DZ and nobody in their right mind would steel it.
If you went to my website you could find a pic of me with it on.
...mikeB|

-----------------------------------
Mike Wheadon B-3715,HEMP#1
Higher Expectations for Modern Parachutists.

I have an old school Javelin. DOM 93 I think...

Pro: Price. Good resale value. Mostly freefly friendly (it has tucktabs, but only velcro bridle protection-- however thats just a $30 modification away)

Cons: Color- its got some pink on it--ewww, but it helped bring the price down some.B|

If it was stolen... I would probably be happy with a used Javelin again, but they are too expensive when new. Otherwise, I would probably look at wings and mirage G3. Everything else is kinda expensive for a college guy like myself. :|

MB 3528, RB 1182

* Which container are you using?

Infinity.

* Please upload a couple of pictures of your rig.

See attached.

Pros - price, harness comfort, security of flaps, quality of workmanship and materials, looks good, excellent customer service
Cons - nothing that I can think of.

Same thing.

I jump a Vector Micron - and love it so much that I have a picture of it with every post I make on dropzone.com :)I choose the Micron for several reasons, the three most important ones being:
- security (pin + riser protection)
- construction (RWS is committed to quality)
- fit (very comfortable under canopy/in the plane/on the ground).

RWS also takes excellent care of their customers - should I ever have a problem with my Micron I know they will be around to take make things right.

I'm already dreaming up my next one... :ph34r:

Blue ones!
Kolla
Blue Skies Magazine

Thanks!!
It's just a regular tie-dye - albeit a really nicely done one.
It could be just the photo, but I think it's the character of the rig shining through - it's a very happy little rig.

But metallic sheen... now that would be cooL!l!! B|.
Blue Skies Magazine

Racer - DOM '95-

Reserve pin protection is great-

Make sure your rigger gets the pop top nice and flush, to reduce line snag hazards.

Main pin protection is mediocre by todays' standards - The main reason I don't freefly yet.

Won't buy another one unless they make some major changes to protect the main pin.

Nice and comfy otherwise, inspite that I bought it secondhand.

It's all black. Next rig I buy will be yellow w/ purple tye-dye.

Next rig will be one of three - Vector, Javelin or Wings.

Easy Does It

current is a parachute australia Talon 2

pro: price, freefly friendly, comfort
cons: little margin for main size (120 to 135) which is not a big issue anyway considering that I might keep it with it's main (safire 135) for wing suit flying (just eventualy need a 9' bridle)

I will probabely get Mirage MT when me and my visa will be ready for a smaller HP canopy: decent reserve size (120 or 126) and compatible main size (119 to 74 => 1,4:1 to 2,2:1) that will keep me busy for a couple of decades what ever I decide to do :P

I jump Power Racers.
The fit is Da-Best, small profile on Da-back, and pop-top reserve are Da-Bomb.
NO ONE steals a Racer!!!!!!!!!!! If they did I would get another Racer. Both are the same size, PD 113R and Stl. 107's.
BSBD...........Its all about Respect,

USPA#-7062, FB-2197, Outlaw 499

Love my Odyssey... can't wait to buy the new model with the low-yoke.

Bought it as a barely used demo rig straight from SP. Colors are definitely unique (although I didn't pick them - I like them).

I like the way it fits, feels, moves. Haven't done much freeflying but the few times I've attempted a sit - no problems!

Katie
Get your PMS glass necklace here

I have a Talon, but no pics of it

pros : never had a malfunction with it, comfortable
cons : articulation rings squeek... release cable housing in nylon, not in metal, reserve flap opens sometimes while sitfly/stand

next rig is an odissey or a micron
----------
Fumer tue, péter pue
-------------
ourson #10, Mosquito Uno, CBT 579