riddler

New PD ... something

I think it's a canopy. Last page of July Parachutist. Some Kanji(?) symbol. Quote reads "designed to slice up the competition". Go to their website, clicky on it, and it says "Be patient, you will be flying one very soon". How did they know that?? :S

Anyone have the inside scoop?

If I were PD, I might be tempted to make a 27 or 36 cell canopy. Just speculating ...

That's the Kanji symbol for "Blade" by the way.

Let's see . . .

Stiletto
Sabre

My guess is it's going to be some sharp pointy thingy, maybe starting with the letter "s", but slightly mispelled for trademark purposes. ;)
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

That's the Kanji symbol for "Blade" by the way.

Let's see . . .

Stiletto
Sabre

My guess is it's going to be some sharp pointy thingy, maybe starting with the letter "s", but slightly mispelled for trademark purposes. ;)

Maybe Katana (Ninja sword) :|

It will be called "KATANA". The ad say's "Destined to slice up the competition" and the cuts are in the shape of a "K"... Get it?

So...will I be getting a FREE one for guessing the name? :)

You might be tempted to make the next generation 9 cell elliptical, something that might compete with the Crossfire2. Just maybe you might.

A next generation Stiletto would make sense. Stillettos are 10 years old now. Never jumped one, but great as they are, if the design's ten years old it could use some tweaking, especially if competitors like the Xfire have already come out with a 2nd gen. It only makes sense...

Your humble servant.....Professor Gravity !

Crossfire 2 came out because the manufacture was trying to recover from the Crossfire 1 disaster.

ummm....say's who? Simon? just wondering how you would know this...or is this just more rumour and inuendo???

Marc
otherwise known as Mr.Fallinwoman....

Crossfire 2 came out because the manufacture was trying to recover from the Crossfire 1 disaster.

I dont jump an Icarus canopy, or have anything to do with Icarus.

BUT

"The Crossfire disaster" was due to the Crossfires that were built in America and not Spain.

Ive noit jumped a xfire but i know people that do and they swear by them.

Still what do I know? I fly a 10 year old Jonathan which is far better than than the year old Stilleto ive demo'd.

Buzz
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

ummm....say's who? Simon? just wondering how you would know this...or is this just more rumour and inuendo???

I don't think Icarus could have gone from concept to production of a brand new canopy in the short space of time between the xfire1 being suspect and the xfire2 coming out - it was already in testing. I jump a xfire1 that was on the recall list and has had the line trim done, it's a beautiful canopy with and efficient wing that allows my 119 to fly alongside 170's, responsive front risers and a very powerrful flare.
Rich M

you have to start jumping first, young jedi. Then you may progress to this canopy.

Maybe the Kanji means... Light Sabre! Then you may progress!

Oh yeah..I'm in no rush my friend, no rush at all, I like to have fun, but also to be SAFE.

My guess is it's going to be some sharp pointy thingy, maybe starting with the letter "s", but slightly mispelled for trademark purposes.

>>Swiss Armie Knife? Follows the cutlery theme, >>and it's also small and foldable. :ph34r:

Isn't that canopy called a Triathalon-doesn't cut too much but, it supposed to "do it all" (without batteries too;))

It will be called "KATANA". The ad say's "Destined to slice up the competition" and the cuts are in the shape of a "K"... Get it?

echo...echo...echo...echo;););)

-yoshi