harro

Which camera would you prefer on your head ?

Okay, be kind to Harro, he is from Oz, so your lousy NTSC cams are about as much use to him as...well you get the picture....
--------------------

He who receives an idea from me, receives instruction himself without lessening mine; as he who lights his taper at mine, receives light without darkening me. Thomas Jefferson

Harro - check this stuff out:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3004239407&category=20333

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3003479447&category=20333

Hope this helps a bit ...

Also, check out this page and type in whatever you're looking for:

http://pcworld.pricegrabber.com

:)

http://www.brandonandlaura.com

I hope you weren't looking for symathy, here... Seriously, keep shopping for a good Sony. If you can't afford a Sony - keep saving 'til you can. Putting off your purchase until you can afford a quality camera is worth the wait.

The laws of physics are strictly enforced.

I hope you weren't looking for symathy, here... Seriously, keep shopping for a good Sony. If you can't afford a Sony - keep saving 'til you can. Putting off your purchase until you can afford a quality camera is worth the wait.

Yes. What he said. Really.

JP

guess there are alot of sony fans. I have been on eBay and have got bitten. No ebaying for me.

I have been on Amazon and have found some good cameras. You have to remember, Im in Australia, whatever the price is for you guys, you have to double the price for me.
Jumpy Jumpy??

Okay, be kind to Harro, he is from Oz, so your lousy NTSC cams are about as much use to him as...well you get the picture....

well, I'm from europe, and we also do not use these lousy NTSC cams:|, and still prefer Sony :)
Caren

One reason Sony is so popular, is that the majority of them are tolerant of the skydiving environment.

JVC and possibly panasonic are the opposite... some dont mind 130mph wind, jostling, etc, but alot perform very poorly. Others, just arent as durable.

I really want a sony vx2000. yeah, its a bit big, but the output is AMAZING. I hear the TRV950 is just as good (and smaller), but doesnt do well in freefall :(
Two wrongs don't make a right, however three lefts DO!

I have been on Amazon and have found some good cameras. You have to remember, Im in Australia, whatever the price is for you guys, you have to double the price for me.

There is a long list of people who've decided that Sony's are two expensive, bought something else, and regret later.

There's a very good reason the entire industry has standardized on Sony, and it's not because we're brand snobs.

If you buy anything other then Sony, you will not be able to use a Cam-eye, you MAY not be able to fire-wire. You will have dificulty in buying a pre-made helmet mount, you'll most likely have to make your own. You won't find anyone at the DZ you can borrow a remote from when you forget it at home.

Personally, I have seen some very weird stuff happen to JVC cameras during opening sequence.

Save up until you can afford a Sony.

_Am
__

You put the fun in "funnel" - craichead.

Thanks for the advise guys. I have seen the sony VX2000 ( oh yeah baby yeah ) and the output is supurb. Camera price in australia is over $4,000 buckeroos.
Lots of saving to be done.

just to make sure I was clear, the VX is defanitely not the cam for your average vidiot. Its big and bulky in comparison to the trv line, and frankly we as casual users dont need that quality (or weight on our heads).

Go for a PC5, PC101, TRV, etc. Really doesnt matter what you use as long as its Sony. Talk to your buddies, see what they like, and go for it based on that. (if they have a panasonic that works great, might be for you, etc).
Two wrongs don't make a right, however three lefts DO!

I bought JVC, no aftermarket sheit for it out there, got my Sony PC9, couldn't be happier. The skydiving industry is generally all about supporting Sony - and for good reason. The camera is friggin bomb proof and the images are very very good.

Good luck...

-- (N.DG) "If all else fails – at least try and look under control." --

Get the 101, I got mine when it first came out and am very satisfied with it. A few months ago a friend picked up a new one for $2200, you should be able to get them for around this price in Australia. The price will continue to drop, save those bucks and go the 101/

THe only bad thing with camera is that it detracts away from team jumps hence my rarely comes out to play now
"Don't blame malice for what stupidity can explain."

"In our sleep, pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart and in our despair, against our will comes wisdom" - Aeschylus