Vallerina

Big-Way Camp in Perris Oct. 28-31

I was just wondering who is going to this: http://www.perrisvalleyskydiving.com/ppp/bigwaycamp.asp

I'm not taking my exam this sitting so that I can go and learn some skills! I was just wondering who else was going. Maybe we can split rooms/rental car costs/etc.

Also, if anyone has gone in the past, what can I expect, and what should I do to prepare (other than jump.) Any other tips?
There's a thin line between Saturday night and Sunday morning

Val I've been to 3 because they are so much fun! Plan on trying places in the formation where you are uncomfortable since you can't get "cut" if you mess up (as long as it is not a safety violation of course). It is amazing how much better you can fly when the only pressure is that which you put on yourself.

First class coaching, first class dz, first class participants.

Have fun and don't hurt Kate,

Jim

don't miss it

i plan to be there in october for the second time this year

you'll be rotated to every position

tiny skinny girls get to try being in the base, heavy guys dock last in their big jumpsuits

tons of fun - tons of learning

that camp (as well as another at skydive dallas) got me into the TSR... were i beleive i had the lowest # of jumps

it's great - highly recommended

---
eric ("chester") from mexico

--
Be careful giving advice. Wise men don't need it, and fools won't heed it.

Go to the camp Val. It is well worth the money and the travel. I will be there.

The camps for me are just fun for the fact that you get to make new friends. It's almost like a boogie in that way.

They really help with your skills as well. Eric is right. Last camp he did really well and the coaches saw that and next thing he knows he is on the TSR.

The way they structure the camps there is no blame or fault if you mess up. In fact most of the jumps they don't even worry about completions. It is all about doing your part. You will love the camp. Just don't get in any fights with the Otter doors (ask Mouth).
Dom

Just don't get in any fights with the Otter doors (ask Mouth).

Perhaps Gypsy has calmed down a bit since she got her new shiney coat. :)
See you there, Dom!

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

SHouldn't be to hard. If I had a car I would come and pick you up. It's only 45 minutes at the most. Contact the DZ if you can't find a ride. They can get you in contact with Kim White. She runs a shuttle service. I am sure someone on here will be able to pick ya up tough.
Dom

Just don't get in any fights with the Otter doors (ask Mouth).

I sure hope that plane has a better disposistion now that she took a bite out of me. You'll be glad to know the only fight I've had lately is hitting my finger on the CASA door swinging my hands. :P

--
Hot Mama
At least you know where you stand even if it is in a pile of shit.

Just to add my 2 cents worth, the camps are totally awesome. As there is a no fault environment, you can go out there and really learn. I found from the 2 camps I have done that my confidence has improved, I have pushed myself and put myself way out of my comfort zone. I am usually a base chick and asked to be last diver out. Yup, I went

low (not heaps low) twice, but hey, I got to practice swooping, which is not something that I do normally! there is a lot of information, but not overload, that helps you understand big ways. Also, if you do 4-way, etc, it will help that flying as well, in that there is discipline and of course, tracking. How often in a 4-way, 8-way, etc jump is there enough time to practice a full on track for more than 4 seconds? Getting used to flying under canopy with 80+ other canopies in the air is also a good learning curve.

I will hopefully be there if there are still slots left and it is not too late to sign up.

Oh yeah, all of the people I have met on the big way camps have been awesome and many are repeat attendees.

Liz

Yay! I'm so excited! Just a few more weeks until I'm flying with the best!

So, my flight back home leaves out of Ontario at 8:48 pm Sunday night. eeneR is being very kind and picking me up on Wednesday, but I was wondering if there was anyone that could take me to the airport Sunday night.
There's a thin line between Saturday night and Sunday morning

When do you arrive on Wednesday?

9pm....

Does eeneR have another free seat in his car?

And that would be yes...
also that would be a SHE :P

What time do you get in Wed?
She is not a "Dumb Blonde" - She is a "Light-Haired Detour Off The Information Superhighway."
eeneR
TF#72, FB#4130, Incauto

also that would be a SHE :P

Sorry for that - just know a french guy whose name is Rene.
I'm right now checking the possibilities to go there. Have to wait, till my boss comes back from Nigeria next Friday to get his O.K. As soon as I know more, I will let you know. Where do you all stay? (Or should I already know this from some earlier posts?:$)
vSCR No.94
Don't dream your life - live your dream!

You dont post like a she....

What's that suppose to mean? :o:P

Yea, Ontario could be on the way to LA...depends on which way you go. Atleast from glancing on a map.
She is not a "Dumb Blonde" - She is a "Light-Haired Detour Off The Information Superhighway."
eeneR
TF#72, FB#4130, Incauto

greetings
we still have about 15 open slots for the big way camp 28-31 October in Perris CA. Coaches are Dan BC, Larry Henderson, Tony Domenico and myself (kate cooper).

Information, minimum akill requirements and registration form are available at www.perrisperformanceplus.com (go to big way camps).

This camp is an official try out event for Jump for the Cause (Women's World Record in FS) www.jumpforthecause.com and is a great way to be seen and evaluated by organizers of several different events and records being planned for the future.

Come join us for some fun!

blue skies
kate