skydiverek

Why like that? (PHOTO attached)

Some possibilities:

1. The pin cover has flipped up and over the rig and is now between his rig and his back.

It could not have flipped over because you can see "Javelin" logo on his yoke. If it flipped over, reserve cover flap would cover the logo (unless it's clear, like you said).

I think it's open, we just can't make it out because of the angle and color. If there was no flap, we would be able to see the reserve cable a little further (towards the top) of his rig. It disappears too soon for there not to be a flap. I think the flap is just at that "perfect" angle to the camera and is almost invisible to us. I'm sure a computer geek could play with the pic (darkness/light) and we could see the flap.

You can make out the binding tape around the reserve flap. I'm pretty sure it's just a clear flap.

i'd agree... but since i'm no expert... who knows, maybe we entered the TWILIGHT ZONE, bwohahahaha :P

Check out the site of the Fallen Angels FreeflY Organisation:
http://www.padliangeli.org

why would a crw jumper be jumping a student rig...nonetheless a rig with tye dye? who spends that money on a student rig. plus the jumper in front of him has the same exact setup...red top...charcoal & black tye dye container. i think its just a computer altered picture

why would a crw jumper be jumping a student rig

Sun Path also offers the clear reserve flap on military gear, and you can probably ask for it on sport rigs. CRW jumpers are notoriously careful about their gear, so if a team was buying rigs it would make sense to get that feature.

Hell, a clear reserve flap would make sense for anybody, but they don't look cool so nobody will buy them.

jumpers are notoriously careful about their gear

then why in the hell do they have there risers hanging out all over the place, and have thier pilot chute hanging half way out, and even have about a quarter of thier canopy hanging out the corrners of the rig (ok, not really a quarter, but you get the point). then i see some with there closing loops way to long. and i know that they are only doing hop in pops, but still. now i know not all crw guys are like this, but i have seen a lot that go walking to the plane looking like this.

later

then why in the hell do they have there risers hanging out all over the place, and have thier pilot chute hanging half way out, and even have about a quarter of thier canopy hanging out the corrners of the rig (ok, not really a quarter, but you get the point). then i see some with there closing loops way to long. and i know that they are only doing hop in pops, but still. now i know not all crw guys are like this, but i have seen a lot that go walking to the plane looking like this. ***It would be great to see the expression of a tandem passenger when one of those guys gets the seat next to them.

"Uh...um sir, I think you have a little something..here...it's, it's hanging out all over the place...is it supposed to look like that?"

Because the delay is just 3 seconds no matter where you exit... as long as every thing stays closed till you get under the tail, thats all that a CRW rig needs to stay closed for. As for why a clear reserve flap, a premature reserve fire while in a stack or a lot of formations has a good chance of injury/death since your reserve just went through some one elses main with your main still out. CRW rigs can get slammed a lot by planeing down lines, hard docks, doing side by sides, and downplanes. Its a really good idea if other people can look at the pin in the middle of a jump in some of the more dull moments to see if the pin has moved or something.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

Check out the attached photo. It looks like the guy on the right does not have the reserve cover flap. You can see the reserve ripcord pin and the grommet. Any ideas why???

P.S. I think these are CRW jumpers.

This is a picture of the Wild Humans - a CRW rotation team (silver medal in 2001 WAG). This is the type of windowed flap I referred to in another thread. No need to open the flap to pin check.

Bob