lilchief

Something new from PD

Just checked PD's website..and in a couple of hours something will be presented..something big according to them.

excited! B|
"Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you long to return." - Da Vinci
www.lilchief.no

300sqft Tandem Velocity.

Because you just haven't experienced the full violence of a chow with out 500lbs of suspended weight*

*(Big Steve excluded by having previous experience)
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

..something big according to them.

300sqft Tandem Velocity.:P

I can vouch for the fact that this is NOT what will be released.

Yeah, 300 sq ft would be rediculously large! ;)
Skydiving Fatalities - Cease not to learn 'til thou cease to live

Dammit !! Out with it already. The anticipation is killing me.

It's probably not even something I would be interested in. OTOH, it maybe something nobody in this forum will be interested in.
"No cookies for you"- GFD
"I don't think I like the sound of that" ~ MB65
Don't be a "Racer Hater"

sjekk out PD's website:

Optimum is bigger,

Pulse is new

And then we have Comp Velocity.

Check out their site for details.

Off course, there's probably a lot of other good stuff from the other manufactures =)

edit: Ian beat me =(
"Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you long to return." - Da Vinci
www.lilchief.no

So is the Pulse a step down from a Sabre2 in performance? Interesting that they are claiming lower pack volumes; that might be a nice reply to the comment, heard all too often, that "well, maybe I should be jumping a bigger canopy, but a bigger canopy won't fit in my container."

I found the following notes on the bottom of the Pulse page interesting:

=========
NOVICE: more aggressive than SI, less aggressive than SA. #'s are TF #'s shifted one size more conservative, then w/l are smoothed. 260 weight goes down due to total weight concerns.
INT: 120 added at moderate wingloading. Bell curve shifted so highest wingloading moves down in size
ADV: introducing the 107 for the first time. Peak of bell moves down to 190 size
MAX: at 1.5 for smaller sizes due to what we know from test jumping, tapers off beginning with 170 and up. Total weight at 302. stayed more conservative on total weight than SA and SI.
==========

It suggests a pretty rigorous statistical approach to recommended canopy loadings.

So, do you know much about the Pulse, Ian? Who is it marketed towards?

I still have to get official info, but my understanding is that it's target market is the Pilot crowd.

Don't quote me on that, but that's my current understanding.

Blues,
Ian
Performance Designs Factory Team

So, do you know much about the Pulse, Ian? Who is it marketed towards?

I still have to get official info, but my understanding is that it's target market is the Pilot crowd.

Don't quote me on that, but that's my current understanding.

Blues,
Ian

I believe you're correct. I'm a member of the "Pilot crowd" who demo'd a Sabre2 and didn't like it. I was told by 2 different guys from PD within the past 6 months that something new was coming that I would like, and that they couldn't tell me any more about it, but I'd know it when I saw it. Looks like the Pulse is it.