swoopster33

CPC Championships and Go Fast Challenge Updates

Anyone have footage from the ProAm event?

Looking forward to see if any more videos from the event surface.

If I had it, I would have given it away freely... Between work and my desire to actually jump myself, I petty much only made it to every-other-day to video... So I missed most of everything the "ams" were doing.

Travis

If anyone has any footage they'd like to send to me I plan on throwing something together. I know Nick B's buddy was out there filming along with T-Dog. Any footage from practice to competition for pros and ams would be great appreciated and obviously credited.

Please PM me if you're interested in sharing.

Thanks again for a kick ass time all. Each one of you are rockstars :)
Blues,
Ian
Performance Designs Factory Team

Come on folks, I know a lot of cameras were running out there. Why do some people choose not to share their work with the people who couldn't be there. This was an awesome event to both participate in and to be a spectator for, but the lack of video surfacing is disappointing.

Steve, there were lots of non-jumpers out there with video going. I don't think they post or read here.

There was also some skydivers with video going, and again, maybe they don't post or read here.

Nick had his going, give him a call and a kick in the ass and maybe he'll post some thing here. Remember, he does work during the day, so I'm not sure how much time he has on his hands.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

I too had a great time at Mile High, and will be back to play again.

The ProAm was a seriously fun event, and as for the CPC finals, well I'll make sure to train a bit more in the conditions I'll be competing in.:)
A local from Longmont (non jumper) gave me a CDR with a load of photos he took. After I get an ok from him I'll try to post some....
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

I had a great time. The pond was awesome, the events mind blowing, and the camping was great.

Next year maybe I'll finish all 9 rounds instead of getting myself "Red Carded" after only 6. Had a ball, be back soon.

Coming soon to a bowl of Wheaties near you!!

GOD DAMN I AM ONE SEXY BEAST!!! B|

nice shots ian. great stuff! can't wait till next year. and for all those people that didn't go this year i hope you're regreting it now and will be there next year.

ian, i'll try and put a short video together of the stuff i have and put in on skydivingmovies.com. i'll let you know.

later...stu
Slip Stream Air Sports
Do not go softly, do not go quietly, never back down

I have uploaded another angle of the world record distance runs at Mile Hi last Thursday:

Mark Shimmel's 594 foot run
Jay Moledski's 619 foot run
Jay Moledski's 678 foot run

http://www.skydivingmovies.com/ver2/pafiledb.php?action=download&id=2735

Regarding Jay's first run: In one breath Jim Slaton says "5.4 on the wind meter" and in the next breath he says "and now it [the world record] will be owned by Jay". I thought 5mph was the limit for setting world records.

Regarding Jay's second run: in the video it looks like he touches the water. You can hear Jim Slaton saying "looks like they've got a video review on the water - it can be close, he might have had a touch". What was the result of that video review? Did he touch the water before the gates? Is that still legal?

As far as the winds go, i can tell you that the winds were certified by the FAI judge that was present in case there was a world record. The winds were well below the maximum. I beleive that the wind regulations are 5 meters per second, and that translates to roughly 16 mph. Anyone with a little more info can jump in here and help me out with this one.

As far as the possible water touch, the video was reviewed many, many times. Jay's foot never touched the water. What you are seeing is the "vortex" coming off of his foot, and pushing the water. His foot was 6 inches or so above the water, but at 90+ mhp, that is a lot of wind being directed forward and down from his body/foot. This is not the first time we have seen this, in fact it has become pretty common.

One note, right after Mark Shimmel broke the record, the next competitor to come through the gates was Scott Roberts. He broke Marks record by going 610. Then Jay went 619. So, the record was broken three times in a row!

Jay's second jump was 678.

One note, right after Mark Shimmel broke the record, the next competitor to come through the gates was Scott Roberts. He broke Marks record by going 610. Then Jay went 619. So, the record was broken three times in a row!

ya, scott got the record second. 610 ft. then jay came through with 619.

I heard Scott got he record second at 610ft. Then Jay got it at 619.

Hey Shimel kicked ass, as did Scott and Jay (and I seem to recall John Judy getting about 650 feet except that he verted by a foot or so). They all rocked. Very impressive ... to most of us at least who aren't too worried about landing on our asses. Congrats to all ... my ass is still numb and sore from my rear riser stall crash. I guess I'll be wingsuiting it this weekend since I stand a much better chance of standing up my landings under my Spectre (my wingsuit canopy) versus swooping the pond with my Velo(s). But I really want to be swooping the pond as my days are numbered here.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

and I seem to recall John Judy getting about 650 feet except that he verted by a foot or so

+

he also was the only other one to go dirt water dirt during the attempts. but i dont think they gave it to him, because jay totally ripped the entire pond and then some.

I had the same problems you're having. From the skydivingmovies URL, right click on the "Download" button and select "Save Target as" and once downloaded on your 'puter just double click on the file to play it.

By the way, it's amazing how high Jay popped up into the air on his distance record jump. I've popped up before on distance runs, but not that high. Then again my name is not Jay "I stole SkymonkeyOne's lunch money" Moledski. :ph34r:

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over