swoopster33

CPC Championships and Go Fast Challenge Updates

Oh well, I was there and saw it:)

No proof... ;)

If you go here I think you'll see some pictures of me. So, proving I was there;)

You need the XviD codec.

Thanks Bob, I'll do that.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

Hey does someone have a video of the super chow where the guy lost his shoe then the shoe landed right infront of him in the pond after he stopped?

You know I've yet to even see the video of Jason R's mega chow. But I heard it was a nasty one. I wouldn't hold my breath as to it surfacing anytime soon. But who knows ... I guess it'll be up to Jason. I know if my mega chow a week before the CPC Championships was videoed (which it wasn't as only three people witnessed it, none of which was videoing) I wouldn't mind sharing it since I didn't suffer any serious injuries. :)

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

Hey does someone have a video of the super chow where the guy lost his shoe then the shoe landed right infront of him in the pond after he stopped?

You know I've yet to even see the video of Jason R's mega chow. But I heard it was a nasty one. I wouldn't hold my breath as to it surfacing anytime soon. But who knows ... I guess it'll be up to Jason. I know if my mega chow a week before the CPC Championships was videoed (which it wasn't as only three people witnessed it, none of which was videoing) I wouldn't mind sharing it since I didn't suffer any serious injuries. :)

I have multiple angles of all of those chows and 'a few' more--something could be released in the near future...
pope

Anyone know who out of the top 10 took the qualifier to become a PST pro?

Not sure if anyone did it at CO (we were all beaten to hell remember :D).

I know McSqueaky's in Pro now. I'll be doing the Pro Qualifier next year and I think Shitmil will as well.

Of course I totally plan on shaming Stu into doing it as well :D:ph34r:

Jokes aside, I hope that everyone in the top 10 goes and gets their Pro card.

Next year is going to be rocking!

Blues,
Ian
Performance Designs Factory Team

Of course I totally plan on shaming Stu into doing it as well

we'll see about that bro...my plans are contingent on what the schedule looks like when it comes out in january/feb.

to answer the original question though, i did do 2 rounds through the qualifying course as practice. i was just too physically and metally beat up after the comp to try real hard for it to be official. i thought the course was fun.
Slip Stream Air Sports
Do not go softly, do not go quietly, never back down

You guy's complain to much. How can you be PRO material if you are whinning all the time. That CPC nationals was nothing compared to the Co CPC monthly swoop comps. Us real men here in Co, were able to withstand the pain, and persevere in the face of adversity. I'm sure it would kill you mortal men out there to swoop up here full time.:ph34r:

Shimmell damn well better get his pro card, it'd look pretty bad for a former world record holder (albeit for about 2 minutes before Scott Roberts laid the smack down) to be competing at the amateur level:D. I know Chuck Owens(3rd place) is planning on getting his pro card, as is Tyler Lawson.

Coming soon to a bowl of Wheaties near you!!

i might just do local comps next year.

and stick around the home dz to help make the up and coming swoopers able to smoke your ass for me!;)B|

we will see. i dont have money to travel, im planning on buying alot of stocks next year and playing the money game...

time will tell.

I've been sitting on this video for awhile and I've finally gotten around to preparing it to upload to skydivingmovies.com:

http://www.skydivingmovies.com/ver2/pafiledb.php?action=file&id=3191

It's contains most of the pro events from Friday afternoon:

23 distance record attempts
5 freestyle practice runs
27 pro freestyle rounds
8 team speed rounds
7 face off rounds

I compressed it into H.264 video, AAC audio, and an MP4 container so you may need to update your codecs. If you want to play it in a DirectShow based player such as Windows Media Player you can use the following filters:

Haali Media Splitter: http://haali.cs.msu.ru/mkv/

ffdshow: http://ffdshow.sourceforge.net/tikiwiki/tiki-index.php?page=Getting+ffdshow

When installing ffdshow check only H.264,X264 video codec and AAC audio codec. After installing go to the audio decoder configuration and select realaac for the AAC decoder (libfaad2 results in garbled sound for me).

Cool video- I couldnt get the codecs to work unfortunetly so I just used VLC Media Player.

Stock it works fine, if anyeone else is having a tough time with the .mp4.

http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

Thanks for posting the video, again. I liked see all the freestyle footage!

Dave