Kramer

Question: Highest Pull Altitude?

I'm curious, what's the highest you've ever been under canopy? Reply with your number.

Me: 4,000. Then again, I've only made one jump.

I just want to know what the going-rate is :)

Thanks.

-Kramer

The FAKE KRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMER!!!!!!!!!

I love doing clear&pulls from altitude for a nice sunset jump. Sometimes toss some CReW together, sometimes swooping clouds, always fun and always very beautiful (sunset, duh:P).

So I guess my highest pulled is about 13,000ft.

As for my lowest pulled, the lowest allowable deployment altitude is 2000ft, so that has to be it. *cough*1600*cough*

On average I deploy at 3k for sport jumps.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

I know of a couple of Brits who were on a mission to set the world record static-line jump. Got out of a Cessna 208 (Caravan) at SkyDance in Davis, CA at something just over 30,000agl. Wickedly hard openings!
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

I pitched at 10k a few times, after letting the pilot know due to FAA radar notification thing...just to have a nice long leisurely ride...you can usually do this, if it doesnt tend to bugger up the rest of the load, depending on what everyone is up to...its a big sky, and theres room for all...even us garden variety fun/weekend thrill seekers...be safe...
ooooooooooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaatttarrrrrrrruuuuuuuuuuusssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

At Lost Prairie we did a sunset load/cross country with over 100 people from 13500+ AGL... since Lost Prairie is at 3500 ASL that makes for 17,000+.. nice and chilly even when the day had been in the high 90 degree's.

It was one LONG ride down.... I turned my canopy around and faced the sun as it was going down behind a mountain.... still up at about 8500'.. wow.. nice memory.

Amazon

At Lost Prairie we did a sunset load/cross country with over 100 people from 13500+ AGL... since Lost Prairie is at 3500 ASL that makes for 17,000+.. nice and chilly even when the day had been in the high 90 degree's.

It was one LONG ride down.... I turned my canopy around and faced the sun as it was going down behind a mountain.... still up at about 8500'.. wow.. nice memory.

I've made a few of those loads at LP. It is a great way to end the day. I remember one time the planes flew in formation under us, then did a flyby over the runway, still in formation.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

Members of team extreme have tested the Icarus Extreme line of canopies above 25,000ft. They also opened their VXs above 20,000ft in the European Alps for the numerous expeditions that can be seen on their new DVD "Out of the Blue".

Safety note: opening altitudes of this height utilizing small, highly loaded canopies requires special equipment and additional training that's not readily available in the skydiving industry.

SlatonAirSports.com
CanopyPiloting.com

Twice I've done 13000+ clear and pulls...loved every minute of the sunset one, and worked my back and arms off on the one during the canopy class. Both were wonderful...and actually I think I'm due for another one fairly quickly.

The silence, the only noise you can hear is your canopy...the grand expanse. The time to watch the world from that height...very special and very unique.

I generally pull at 4K...

Ciels-
Michele

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~

granted i'm newer to the sport, but 7,500 when i lost my left contact (don't worry it was in the goggles ;))
"Women fake orgasms - men fake whole relationships" – Sharon Stone
"The world is my dropzone" (wise crewdog quote)
"The light dims, until full darkness pierces into the world."-KDM

Highest is 16k... Of my 400+ skydives so far 200+ have been clear and pulls from over 13,500..... I love to fly my parachute!! B|

Rhino

Ha, I noticed in an earlier thread that you were swooping 62mph with only 400 jumps, I was pretty impressed. Now I see why. :) I don't think I'll try swooping until at least 1k, but that's cool that you're doing so good.
www.WingsuitPhotos.com