skydiverek

How is this done? (photo attached)

Or he has the rig on over the shirt, and then edited out the rig, If you look at the white shirt closely, the areas on the sides of his rib cage looked blured instead of crisp, since that is where the main lift webbing is coming up, it was probably edited out.

Jonathan
Jonathan Bartlett
D-24876
AFF-I

He probably get's rid of the shirt by taking it off on the ground. My guess is that this is another photo made possible by the wonders of Photoshop. :)

Are you kidding? BJ Worth would be hurt to think his stunts in full James Bond suits were just photoshopped.

The shirt splits up the back when the parachute is deployed i believe.

Chris

Or he has the rig on over the shirt, and then edited out the rig, If you look at the white shirt closely, the areas on the sides of his rib cage looked blured instead of crisp, since that is where the main lift webbing is coming up, it was probably edited out.

Jonathan

I believe the shirt is blurred because he's in freefall. Man, you guys are hot for the conspiracy theory.

Chris

He probably get's rid of the shirt by taking it off on the ground. My guess is that this is another photo made possible by the wonders of Photoshop. :)

nope, it was the real deal. shirt splits up the back, not sure what to do in the case of a mal though. everything was engineered correctly.

I'm with wied on this....The shirt splits, its held closed with velcro....It appeared in a mag in the UK in much higher resolution.
--------------------

He who receives an idea from me, receives instruction himself without lessening mine; as he who lights his taper at mine, receives light without darkening me. Thomas Jefferson

There are a bunch of shuttle launch picutes out there

Yeah, I know, I had just seen some that looked *exactly* like that one...*shrug* I guess its not like it really matters, though...
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

I believe the shirt is blurred because he's in freefall. Man, you guys are hot for the conspiracy theory.

Chris

c'mon, pixels don't get blurred in freefall. take a look. you can see it was edited.
in no way i imply that split back shirt stunt can't be done though, but this picture does
look edited.

:)

stan.

oops .. saved the picture with transparent background :) anyway, you can see it.

--
it's not about defying gravity; it's how hard you can abuse it. speed skydiving it is ...
Speed Skydiving Forum

BLUR.gif

This a genuine photograph, published without the benefit of photoshop.
Angles, angles, it is all in the angles.
As long as you only photograph the stuntman from straight ahead, you can cut a few slits in the shirt and leave the container completely exposed to the wind.

It's a real photo shot at Skydive Spacecenter. The stuntman is none other than Dean O'Flaherty. He has done a ton of really cool shots as the subject, and the photographer.

-tom buchanan
Tom Buchanan
Instructor Emeritus
Comm Pilot MSEL,G
Author: JUMP! Skydiving Made Fun and Easy

Who is to say the tie is not secured to his pants and not just tucked in?

Well at least it was his tie that got caught in the zipper.:D

And I'll have to take back what I said because upon closer inspection, there appears to be what looks like the shape of a cutaway handle on the jumpers right side of his mid section.:o:$
My other ride is the relative wind.

I bet it photoshopped. His tie is a dead giveaway. It's too nicely tucked into his pants! Shouldn't it be flapping behind his neck?

I don't know about this photo, but I have jumped in a business suit with tie, and tie flapping was not a big issue. So I don't think the tie is evidence one way or the other.

I'd buy the stealth rig thing too, but just for the sake of argument...Would you feel confident in getting a pin check on a rig that isn't visible? hehehe

S.E.X. party #1

"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "f*#k, what a ride".