BlueSBDeath

Old Racer Ad

Jon,
I am working with a young camera man who took this with a 10-22mm Canon lens and was too far away :)
Now that he has seen his shot and of course the original, we will get a better shot that will be better focused :)

I tried to get a original copy from Jump Shack and was told they did not have one, said they did not save some of their ad photos.

Arvel
BSBD...........Its all about Respect,

USPA#-7062, FB-2197, Outlaw 499

Jon,
I am working with a young camera man who took this with a 10-22mm Canon lens and was too far away :)
Now that he has seen his shot and of course the original, we will get a better shot that will be better focused :)

I tried to get a original copy from Jump Shack and was told they did not have one, said they did not save some of their ad photos.

Arvel

Good effort!
As in the original being further behind ought to be a safer place to be at pull time.

BSBD
jon

Jon,

I posed for this shot, pulled the Pud at 6k and held it until 3k just to give my buddy time to setup :)

What is ironic is that this ad is still so very true, yet from another prospective, the cost of most containers is 2k or more these days and are very pretty rigs :)

So "the last thing you need at $2000 for the container, is pretty gear"
:P

Arvel

Alot of people did the real "Trash Pack" . We would "S" fold the lines in the tray stack the canopy no bag. The bridle still to the normal topcenter attachment. it worked OK. Nick had the pud on the center cell of his strato- star 5 cell.That made it the pilot chute. He said he made about 250 jumps that way. I think they were still "Beech-nuts" then from Austin lake MI. They merged to become "Exitus".The "Jump Shack" started in John Shermans basement in Farmington. They looked all over for a basement 40 feet wide to become an official loft. you had to pack on a table then with tension for reserves

I believe Nick rig was setup without a pilot chute. Pud was attached directly to nose of canopy.
Someone can elaborate on this for sure.

Hi G-W,
Yup, Pud attached to the center cell. 'Me and some others watched Nick and a couple of other guys hop-n-pop( I think they were gonna' do crw??) outa' a DC-3 at Old Elsinore! Looked scary at first but it worked!! He pulled out the nose of the center cell with the pud and held on till it filled with enough air then let go!!
SCR-2034, SCS-680

III%,
Deli-out

Bill,

Do you recall when this was?

lisa

Hi Lisa,
As I recall in the late 70's. 'Remember him side stepping the door and geeking us then he grabbed the pud, pulled open the pak and pulled the nose of the canopy into the breeze till he felt it had enough air in it and let go!! The canopy strung out and opened!! We were watching from the door of the DC-3. I seem to recll the canopy was a Star or maybe a flyer but i don't think I'd want to try that with any of our new hi-tek stuff!!
SCR-2034, SCS-680

III%,
Deli-out

Bill,

Remember Joe Morgan wrote in big letters on the AD poster that was in the Perrish Valley Manifest Window "Is this gear"

Sherman had a fit when he saw it. I think it was Turkey Boogie '81 Still makes me chuckle.

Rip, rip, rip(goes the poster), says the Racer fan(jumper) who was there:o>:(. Seems to me there was a general dressing-down in the bomb shelter later if I remember correctly.

lisa
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

Alot of people did the real "Trash Pack" . We would "S" fold the lines in the tray stack the canopy no bag. The bridle still to the normal topcenter attachment. it worked OK.

it worked fine for me for several hundred jumps. EXCEPT! this was back in the " wing war" days. and I'm a big guy now and was a big guy then. so i had the biggest baggiest largest. wing silly suit they made. and i could track off from a formation and sit up and dump. and that hot dog pilot chute would hop off my back and fall back in my burble. and lay there till impact if i had let it. every time. got in the habit of siting up. grabbing. turning and deploying on my side:S
i have on occasion been accused of pulling low . My response. Naw I wasn't low I'm just such a big guy I look closer than I really am .