BlueSBDeath

Old Racer Ad

Trash packing worked great for me for awhile until a few lines somehow did a half hitch around the closing flap. So there I was teammates screaming at me to cut away-this was at the Nationals 1980-Reached over and grabbed my cheap ass plastic handled hook knife to extricate myself from the mess all the while thinking yea yea I know to cut away guys, as the knife part entered freefall and I was left with the little plastic handle. Now I am thinking yea yea I wish I could cut away. After a few pullups on the recalcitrant lines the half hitch divorced it self of the container and the main worked fine.
I then installed line stow strips in the container but all that effort led to just using the dang ol bag.

VERY nice pic ! I'm glad you used color and hope you stick with it - I was always disappointed that the Nick Lucas original was in B&W. We are a living color sport.

And you need to show the container open if you can. Shooting from further back would probably be safer for you, as it was for the original camera.

Your humble servant.....Professor Gravity !

<<< Nick Lucas was a good friend.I haven't heard his name in a long time.I think of him now & then.The jump he died he was replacing me on a jump because I had been hurt the dive before. >>>

I was standing near the porta johns and next to me were 2 EMS personnel while we watched that load Nick was on. He was still in the air, unconscious and rag dolling, when one of them said, "There goes one." They were in their ambulance on the way to the impact spot before he even hit. I was quite impressed with their attentiveness and professionalism.

The DZ mood was one of somber disbelief after word spread that it was Nick.