47 47
quade

DB Cooper

If he says dear old dad brought home the weird stuff, the strange straighten-out-by-itself foil, I believe him.

I believe Dr. Marcel too, but that stuff wasnt extra terrestrial in origin. It came from Project Mogul passive radar reflectors.

Good people make bad conclusions/decisions based on insufficient evidence. PhD scientists have seen ghosts. Doesn't mean ghosts exist.

Having an open mind doesnt mean that you shouldn't put some filtering on the front end.

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

5. The distance from entering the Earth’s atmosphere to touchdown would be 1120 nautical miles.

6. From the Roswell Crash site, on a reciprocal heading to 118 degrees, for 1120 nautical miles is…. Uh huh, Amboy, Washington.

Farflung has proven his theory beyond any reasonable doubt. Case closed.

I've never jumped an alien chute. I wonder if Ckret could pull some strings. Hey, Tom got to play with FBI Cooper money samples. I want to play with the chute. Seems a fair request.

If it has some antigravitational properties I might be able to enhance my coolness at the DZ. Watch me do a 100 yard swoop flying a 60 year old round canopy. Those young hotshot canopy pilots wont be laughing at me any more. No sir.

If the chute has no connection to a crime why does the FBI get to keep it? Hmmm...

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

Jo,

About the pants…

This article describes them as “tattered gray plaid pants in a tree.” [Read Article]

In this article Himmelsbach implies; “… the pants, believed to have been worn by Cooper, found hanging from a tree limb a few years back” were false or phony. [NOTE: I’m not really sure what “false or phony” means.] [Read Article]

That’s really all I can find.

BTW: Was anyone aware of the new book “The D.B. Cooper Hijacking: Vanishing Act” By Kay Melchisedech Olson? It has a 2011 copyright date. [Preview Book]

Web Page
Blog
NORJAK Forum

No, I missed that book completly Sluggo. Pretty short book for $33.00!!

Just a rehash of news stories? Anything from the forum make it into the book?

Jo shows up on many pages in the index!

One thing made it from this forum (page 31).

She reviews how Dan Cooper got his name from a popular French comic book. There you have it, the second source to publish snowmman’s alias source thus transforming it from myth to fact in less than two years. That is great.

Hey, can anyone name another ‘popular French comic book’ or does it require the word popular in order to make the reader feel inadequate?

I read the 37-pages available in the preview and noticed a few things:

She was the most accurate of any account of the actual hijacking to date. (My definition of “accurate” means she told the story the way I understand it (i.e. she agrees with me). :)
She covers all the major players that are currently still being even remotely considered and (she left out old Ted (Teddy) E. Mayfield).

She had Anne Faass’ name in the index, that shows she did some serious research. (Anne was Jo’s “helper” who was in the room with Duane when he made his confession (statement)).

I would love to see what she has on those major players.

You can get it at Amazon for $23; I’ll probably snag a copy.

Web Page
Blog
NORJAK Forum

No, I missed that book completly Sluggo. Pretty short book for $33.00!!

Just a rehash of news stories? Anything from the forum make it into the book?

Jo shows up on many pages in the index!

I have NO idea who the woman is and have never heard of the book....but, there was a picture in the book that I had never seen.

One of a smiling Tina.

So much is happening so fast right now...I just don't even know which way to turn.

We have made a turn.

A turn I hope for the better and for resolutions.

Three individuals have stepped forward - 2 of them today. My head is spinning.

By the WAY, Mr. Blevins - what I heard about the DNA on KC came from a second party and one that knows what is going on.
This conversation was a recent conversation.

The subject of the DNA on Kenny was addressed very directly in a long conversation with a FBI agent. Sure this person could have been yanking my chain, but I don't think so. The FBI does a lot of thing they do not tell the peons such as you or myself.

I have a picture I need to find and scan - I believe this will be an eye opener. Somethings I have been told and things I have seen in the last few days - are beyond believable, but they are actual happenings and things going on the background NONE of us have been aware of.

Sluggo - I think you may know about some of this. That book did not just come out of the blue and the picture of TINA in it with her smiling and her eyes squinted. Someone has been very very busy besides myself.
Copyright 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 2013, 2014, 2015 by Jo Weber

I read the 37-pages available in the preview and noticed a few things:

She was the most accurate of any account of the actual hijacking to date. (My definition of “accurate” means she told the story the way I understand it (i.e. she agrees with me). :)
She covers all the major players that are currently still being even remotely considered and (she left out old Ted (Teddy) E. Mayfield).

She had Anne Faass’ name in the index, that shows she did some serious research. (Anne was Jo’s “helper” who was in the room with Duane when he made his confession (statement)).

I would love to see what she has on those major players.

BOO BOO. Anne Faass was not in the room when Duane made his confession. She was there the next day to see him when he was rambling about putting money in a bucket and couldn't find the bucket. She asked what he was talking about and I told her I didn't have a clue. I did relate to her some of what he had said the prior day - but nothing specific. Just that I didn't understand what he was taking about. By the time she saw him - they had him on morphine for almost 20 hours.

Just getting the spelling of Anne's name correct - tells me this person has some connections. Most people mispell Anne's last name.

She reviews how Dan Cooper got his name from a popular French comic book. There you have it, the second source to publish snowmman’s alias source thus transforming it from myth to fact in less than two years. That is great.

Snow really understands how to work the media. He discovered the Dan Cooper comic connection and it made it to front stage at the FBI. The FBI predictably gave no credit to one of their best "citizen sleuths". There is a price to be paid for refusing to kiss bureau butt and Snowmman pays the toll every day. Now the Cooper comic connection is well on it's way to becoming a widely accepted "fact" about the case. I think this deserves some recognition for Snow.

Focus groups queried by Snowmman Industries didn't favor the Cooper sketch toaster stencils. The Quade models are not selling well and will soon be in Big Lots for $1.99. Snowmman has had some success marketing them as paintball targets.

Personally I'd like a Tina toaster stencil. She sure doesn't look traumatized in that smiling photo in the new book. Limited market though.

Jo,

I stand corrected. I just recognized the name and linked it to the "Private Duty Nurse" or helper or whatever.

As you said, the infrequently mentioned name with the correct spelling indicates she did her homework.

She came "out-of-the-blue" for me, which hasn't been the case in the past. Oh well, it's a free country.

Sluggo

Web Page
Blog
NORJAK Forum

Mr. Blevins,

You know the business. Will readers really pay over $30 for a hundred page rehash book? Seems very pricey considering the meager content and lack of new investigative material.

Sluggo Stated regarding Anne Faass

She came "out-of-the-blue" for me, which hasn't been the case in the past. Oh well, it's a free country.

B|:):D
I have not been to bed. I had an amazing phone call last night - a man who saw the plane fly over his home in the Heisson area (just a general note of the area). Both he and his wife stepped out of the house because of the sound. He didn't think the plane was very high and it was loud - the plane was below the cloud level.

This man is just below where 2 women put the plane 10 yrs ago and the also told the FBI in 1971.

They were told they were hearing chase planes. Both of them said they know what a chase plane sounds like - this was a big plane and where they lived the sound would have carried.

This area the women heard the plane was N.E. of Heisson. The man in the Heisson are actually saw the plane - I was so close to his house when I was out there it it is phenomenal. There is another party there he is going to speak to because it was headed right over this other gentleman's farm....and right where DUANE took me in 1979,

I have a picture I need to scan and enhance to see if we can see any detail...and if anyone in WA can ID where this picture was made. This one is a long shot.

I also know that Duane Weber or whatever alias he was using helped to build the Hathaway park in Washougal. Should be a rock down there with his initials on it - what ever they were. Probably Dusty.

I just took a pill because I didn't sleep last night at all. By the time I make some more calls today - AFTER the pill WEARS off.
We might be able to connect some family names to Duane Weber or who ever he was in the 50's. Somewere there has to be a list of all of ccs in the area.

Property records in Biggs are a priority do day - people he knew.

Then to a small town in East Wa, not too far from The Dalles. A man who owned lots of Orchards and land. ...Bosone or something that sounds like that.

The man never really lie to me he just didn't tell me about the details of his past and I didn't ask questions. He did talk about a rodeo, but I don't know where - probably in Goldendale.

I could feel him all around me in places - he is still hanging out there -the qhost who creeps out Cooper hunters.

Loving what I have found about Tina, but if I am wrong what I think I have found could destroy a good woman,

The individuals DO NOT want to go public unless the FBI is going to back them up. This is 3, I have found. How many more are there. This man was 30 in 1971 and the women about the same age. Still waiting to hear form the man who saw him walking about that same time just a short distance way down the highway carrying a bag...in a businness suit on a country road.North and East of where this other party saw the plane. He was getting the hell out of there fast. All of this NOT too far from the pump cars and an area that was just as I had described it in 1979. I was out there with inadequate clothes and I survived and I think I would be able to survive 3 wks from now out there with the same clothes as long as I was moving and headed to where I knew I could take refuse.

One can’t ignore the similarities between the ill fated Roswell space craft and our own home grown Genesis probe.

Designed to collect some sort of space dust for three or four years and return to Earth where it would be recovered through the use of parachutes AND helicopters which would snag the craft (midair) and whisk it off to a secret location in the Utah desert. What could possibly go wrong with this plan? Stupid Roswell Aliens losing their chute over Amboy.

So after years of collecting space dirt and years of aircrews practicing their techniques at snatching a parachute with a helicopter piloted by a… bear in a tootoo skirt, Genesis was coming home. Yes, an apathetic nation yawned as this 250 million dollar device came crackling into the scorching embrace of the good Earth’s atmosphere. After racing across the Oregon sky at a hyperspace velocity, it became apparent that the gaily colored parachute had remained inside its container.

After crossing two more states and slowing slightly, the vehicle ended years of painstaking sand collection by completing a high tech, face plant in the Utah desert (Roswell Grey - shaking head). Yes, history repeats itself and the USA has two flying saucer impact craters.

Although the government has not released what caused the Roswell crash, the Genesis mishap was from installing an accelerometer which was supposed to trigger the parachute deployment…. backwards. Proving once again, that just because it came from space, it is not inherently more intelligent. The Roswell UFO could have crashed from a similar ‘design flaw’ or the Aliens sent to explore Earth were the space equivalent of doing community service work after a DUI. No reason to expect the best or brightest being sent here.

Jo, with all due respect, just exactly what does a chase plane sound like? How did they know it was a chase plane(s)?

About the only thing from the Seattle ARTCC transcripts that can be believed is that the airliner was reporting that it was level at 10,000 feet as it passed through the Portland/Vancouver area.

And that altitude would put it above three broken cloud layers and maybe an additional complete cloud layer (undercast) according to the FBI released weather reports for the Orchards area (and those reports seem to be correct).

Further, there is not one bleeping fact to support the idea that the airliner passed over the Battleground VORTAC (which was known as the Portland VORTAC at that time) or east of the BTG VORTAC.

In fact, going over or east of the BTG VORTAC doesn't make sense in the first. Such a route simply does not pass the smell test.

Robert

The NWA pilots would be doing two things:

1. trying to comply with Cooper's flight profile demands (to avoid being blown up) and

2. staying well above the highest terrain in the area to avoid a crash.

If the cloud layers and the 727's altitude reports to ARTCC were acurately reported I think it's unlikely that the 727 could have been seen low enough to visually identify the aircraft type over any inhabited area that rainy night. I think the most you'd see is lights in the sky and perhaps a vague shape. Sluggo, your thoughts?

There were a number of planes flying around that night that were connected with the hijack. F 106s are VERY loud. T 33s are not. A C 130 Herc doesnt sound like a jet fighter or a jet transport and neither do helos. 1971 era 727s were very loud at high power settings. I am not confident that an average civilian could tell the difference between the sound of an F 106 chase plane and a 727.

No one posted the following information that ties together FBI/Dan Cooper comic, and when the first parachute story appeared.

Probably no one will understand it or care about it. But Farflung appreciates the importance of getting all the tiny details down so the story must be told.

This resolves the FBI date descrepancy

http://www.amazon.fr/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?__mk_fr_FR=%C5M%C5Z%D5%D1&url=search-alias%3Dstripbooks&field-keywords=Dan+Cooper+%3A+L%27Int%E9grale%2C+tome+20&x=0&y=0

There were 12 "tomes" (volumes) published that were not in the list of "Cooper Comics" up to 1994.
These were published from Jun 10, 2000 thru Feb. 7, 2004. That's why they werent in the list.

They are collections of the original strips in Tintin. Each lists the source dates in Tintin.
The cover art for "tome 7" is what the FBI is publishing on their site.
That's why it has a 7 on it, not a #20 as expected from comparing to the 1974 artwork.

If you look here and click thru the pages at this next url, you see first the cover art the FBI is using with the 7.
This was published (tome 7) Sept 7, 2002.

http://www.amazon.fr/Dan-Cooper-LInt%C3%A9grale-Albert-Weinberg/dp/2803617676/ref=sr_1_fkmr2_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1285644882&sr=1-1-fkmr2

The contents pages says there are 4 episodes in this tome. (tome 7)

Apollo Appelle Soyouz (originally TINTIN no 33 (1969) thru 1 (1970)
L'Affaire Minos (the skydiving one) TINTIN no 9 (1970) thru 26 (1970)
Objectif Jumbo TINTIN no 40 (1970) thru 1 (1971)
Crash Dans Le 135 no 24 (1971) thru 50 (1971)

The jpg of the contents page showing this is attached. You can see that L'Affaire Minos is the skydiving cover #20 from 1974 (elsewhere)

But the new info is that all of these are reprinted from the original TINTIN no 9 (1970) thru 26 (1970)

the FBI claimed that it was near the hijack in time. They didn't publish the original TINTIN, and the cover art was from 1974, so it appeared that they were out to lunch.

They weren't. Interesting!

TINTIN #1114 3/15/1970 is when Dan Cooper L'Affaire Minos first appeared.
This was later republished as #20 in 1974, or "tome 7" in 2002 as shown on the FBI site.

Dan is on the cover with Vicky (she appears first in this episode).
She's a blond tour guide.
We don't have the full story line, but it's a spy thing, I think.

The cover is available at
http://www.bdoubliees.com/journaltintin/annees/1970.htm

which is in french. but translates well.

Dan talks to Vicky on the cover:

Ne bougez plus, Vicky !! .. J'entends des pas !! ... "Minos" arrive !!!

she says

J'ai peur Dan!

You can tell they are in Greece, (Athens I believe) from the background.

Vicky is wearing black sunglasses.

The index for that complete issue is there at the url

Most people don't know the story of all the collections of Dan Cooper comics, and what year they arrived and that they were originally in the Tintin mag. Or that Tintin mag had more than Tintin comics.

It's important to understand, because otherwise you don't see the full humor of the DZ-FBI-Christiansen loop.

Also note: if you look at Wikipedia, Christiansen has the longest entry of any suspect (congrats Robert, you have taken the lead away from Jo and Duane). In fact, Wikipedia confirms the comic book importance, because of Shemya:

"Rick Cochran, the communications officer on Shemya while Christiansen was stationed there, testified that he saw the famous 'Dan Cooper' comic book by Albert Weinberg in the Day Room there, which shows a man on the cover parachuting out of an airplane. Northwest employees often stopped in at the Day Room to hunt for new reading material, since there was no radio or television on the island. This comic has been linked by the F.B.I. as a possible clue to the hijacker's identity."

My friend Snowmman, though banned for life, has not shirked on his research commitments. He digs deep and finds things that have eluded my most carefully constructed searches.

The possible direct relevance of the Dan Cooper comic to Norjack is intriguing. The FBI thinks there is meat on that bone. Time will tell.

Although the government has not released what caused the Roswell crash, the Genesis mishap was from installing an accelerometer which was supposed to trigger the parachute deployment…. backwards.

Thus making another great case for mandatory use of barosensing AADs. I guess an RSL wouldn't have helped, but they should have had one anyway.

Just kidding Bill Von, I use both religiously.

Oh! Okay Mr. Smarty-pants.

So you and that Farflung creature that follows you around everywhere you go like the details… huh? (Hey Bunghole377, is that your butt-ugly dog? No, it’s Farflung… he just followed me home one day, and I decided to keep him.)

Okay genius, I have a news-flash for your combined small brains.

The cretins at the FBI got it all wrong. Look at the file below (FBI’s Dan Cooper.jpg) and tell me if you think it would inspire a weak-minded (in you two’s case, like minded) Kenny Boy to hijack NWA 305. Got an answer, Jack-wagon? I guess not!

Now look at the file (Obviously Correct Dan Cooper.jpg). What do you numbskulls see?

See the rain?

See the night?

See the storm?

See the plane with gear-down?

Now… THAT would inspire an ambitious, shovel-faced boy like Kenny-C to “Do the deal”!

And the third picture… that’s not Greece numbnuts, that’s Hiroshima after the bombing.

It’s that cover that inspired Ken and his Barbie-doll girlfriend to try to cheer up the bomb victims by doing free-fall demo-jumps.

Geeez. If I put both your brains in a Jay-bird, it would fly backwards and its head would rattle.

NexusOfSluggovilty

:):):):);)
Relax Quade... It's COMEDY! Go back to DEFCON 4.

Web Page
Blog
NORJAK Forum

Really, he did. Read the thread excerpt:

Could the managers of this site please give D.B. Cooper it's own section. When I look at the overall headings and it shows 45 new posts, only to click on Skydiving history and find that they all are under D.B. Cooper, it's a waste of time. Not to mention that the thread has evolved into "nothing to do with Cooper". Lock it or move it to it's own section PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quade replied:

It has it's own section. ONE thread. If you don't like it, then don't even open it.

As for this thread, it's now locked.

You all know that I am not much of a Quade booster because of his merciless lifetime ban of Snowmman, but I must admit he deserves some credit on this one. Believe me when I say he gains no points from the mainstream dropzone jumper crowd by fighting for our survival as a forum. In fact it cost him quite a bit in that realm.

It's easy to give in to a bunch of legit skydivers who want to kill what they see as a whuffo forum, but Quade held his ground (and ours) and for that I thank him sincerely.

As Sluggo Monster has indicated, these endeavors into science or entertainment will serve as a meme for future anthropological studies. After all, the Egyptians didn’t build the Pyramids thinking, ‘I’ll just bet, some day all this will be irrelevant’. Plus, we have all accepted the fact that the Pyramids were built of such a size and durability to represent what was truly important to that society.

I feel we do the same thing today.

What will the people from the year 3535 surmise from the study of our monuments?

Will they be correct?

Really, he did. Read the thread excerpt:

Could the managers of this site please give D.B. Cooper it's own section. When I look at the overall headings and it shows 45 new posts, only to click on Skydiving history and find that they all are under D.B. Cooper, it's a waste of time. Not to mention that the thread has evolved into "nothing to do with Cooper". Lock it or move it to it's own section PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quade replied:

It has it's own section. ONE thread. If you don't like it, then don't even open it.

As for this thread, it's now locked.

You all know that I am not much of a Quade booster because of his merciless lifetime ban of Snowmman, but I must admit he deserves some credit on this one. Believe me when I say he gains no points from the mainstream dropzone jumper crowd by fighting for our survival as a forum. In fact it cost him quite a bit in that realm.

It's easy to give in to a bunch of legit skydivers who want to kill what they see as a whuffo forum, but Quade held his ground (and ours) and for that I thank him sincerely.

I just stay here to see if anyone would REALLLY be foolish enough to pay me enough to re-enact the jump . I do have a nice servicable NB6 rig... but I need to find just the right canopy to fit in it.. no way I am doing the 1964 USAF 24' that is in there right now.B|

WHY ARE YOU HERE?

One might ask that same question about anybody anywhere.

While some people in this forum do seem to have some pretty strange motives, that doesn't invalidate their presence here.

They can only do that themselves by attacking others. Something you might want to consider when you continually press people to explain themselves and don't get an answer you want.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

You are right Sluggo. That "gear down;)" Antonov AN2 biplane has been used as an airliner in Eastern Bloc countries. That cover was definitely DBC's inspiration. Great work. Inform Ckret immediately. This is a major break in the case.

I've attached a photo of me jumping from an AN 2 five years ago. It was funny, the FAA Flight Standards officials (plane cops) who were dashing around in golf carts said ithe AN 2 couldnt be used as a jumpship at WFFC and couldn't carry anyone who paid. On the spot, the AN 2 Demo Jump Club was formed, had an onsite vendor make T Shirts with the new club logo, and then sold memberships which came with a free T Shirt for about the price of a jump, but the jump itself was 'free". We loaded up and flew.

We did something similar with the C 130A where we all got Screen Actor Guild waivers and were signed on the manifest as stunt actors in a movie or something like that. The acft was licensed in the Limited (or Restricted?) category and couldn't just carry paying recreational jumpers. It was cleared for doing movie flights. We had cameramen aboard and proceeded to do retake after retake, flight after flight, for about ten days. Awesome plane and probably the oldest Herc flying (1958 mfr date). I was a bit woriied about flying in an A model Herc (weak wing box structure), the fourth photo will show you why. This Herc had been babied by the RAAF and had never flown as a fire tanker so I took a chance.