47 47
quade

DB Cooper

sluggo's note about someone on the plane, and Jo's note about the estate value, gave me an idea to make some money here. (plus that Florida lawyer can make a buck)

We file a civil suit on behalf of one of the passengers of Flight 305 ..emotional distress from the bomb, etc...(we dig up someone still alive, and promise him a cut)...then we sue all the surviving members of the Christiansen meth cult/family for both the value of the estate, and whatever compound they live in .

Burden of proof for civil is less, so we got a good shot.

We put Blevins on the stand to prove Christiansen was the hijacker, plus the other witnesses (they can get a cut if they need it)

I didn't realize we're talking about $1M. Once there's real money, all sorts of things can happen.

I was wondering about the loans Christiansen made. Apparently they were delivered in bags of twenty dollar bills? Were the coins and stamps purchased with cash in the mail (twenties) also? And the house was with bags of twenties?

I'm just wondering if there's a laundering story for the money before the other people in the plot got their share or what.

Need to straighten this all out before we file.

when's the 2nd book. Need it now.

Good point Jo. You're thinking! So they must have sold the coin collection. No one would hold onto to it, and pay the estate tax out of their pocket (who would have that kind of cash around..unless they were into meth labs maybe)

I tend to think the socalled coin and stamp
collection have been wildly over valued by ...
Mr. Blevins. Why? It goes to assets and a place
some portion of $200k could go to (over time?).

Firstly, stamp and coin collections regularly get
over valued for tax & insurance purposes. So
who appraised this collection - ever? Blevins
has never given an amount he claims the collection
was worth or anything about the exact contents
of the collection.

So until more facts are given, the socalled VALUE
of the collection is merely an unproved statement
on Blevins' part. (I have a bridge I will sell for 1 mil.
Its "assessed" value is zero!)

In addition, who would trade rare Cooper dollars
for a meager stamp and coin collection whose
worth was less than 1 million dollars. Those bills would be worth well over 1 million dollars ... in negotiated worth. Kenny was either an idiot or uneducated if he traded his Cooper dollars for
mere flotsam.. or for mere coins and stamps
he could play with late at late?

Blevins/Porteous have not presented one fact
that Kenneth Christiansen knew anything about
stamps and coins, ever dealt with anyone specific
in the acquisition of atamps and coins, or how
Kenny is supposed to have acquired this valuable
collection, over time? Things like that leave a wide
paper trail. Where is the paperwork, Robert. ?

Tell me one item which has value that was in
Kenny's collection... give me the date he aquired
the item and the place ...

From the post by NexusOfCivility......

The Ellensburg, WA Daily Record said (on 12/20/1972:

"You did all this lying for Karl Fleming?" asked Assistant U.S. Attorney Lawrence Finegold.

I’m surprised that someone (maybe georger) wasn’t all over this!

Ok. Damnit! It did not escape my attention.
I assure you. Made a post or two about it .....
waaaay back. Then let it drop from public view.
Snow said a few things about it. It's yours to do!
Go for it! I think Ckret even commented about it.
will check my notes ... Jo posted a bit about it ...
it got a lot of people's attention. Ckret put a lid on
it (I say smiling :)
The guy said he saw and knew Nothing.

I wonder if Coop ever gave a thought about the
time and day and maybe encountering someone
who was (or would come to be) high profile riding
that plane back to Grandma's house. ? Pretty
high probability of that in fact, on that day and
time. Important people always work late and travel
the last flight(s). Cooper must not have cared..
or known ... or recognised ... which means he was
either Kenny or some guy from Iowa!

:)

Nexus - you are beginning to sound like our Snowmman. You come in making sense and then you go off the wall and it takes the entire conversation out into left field. :(

Please keep the conversations sane and within a realm of reality. This is just a personal request because the crazy talk gets everyone out of sorts.

A sense of humor is ok - but off the wall - it only causes a lot of disparity among those of us with a sincere interest in finding answers.

Copyright 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 2013, 2014, 2015 by Jo Weber

From the post by NexusOfCivility......

The Ellensburg, WA Daily Record said (on 12/20/1972:

"You did all this lying for Karl Fleming?" asked Assistant U.S. Attorney Lawrence Finegold.

I’m surprised that someone (maybe georger) wasn’t all over this!

Ok. Damnit! It did not escape my attention.
I assure you. Made a post or two about it .....
waaaay back. Then let it drop from public view.
Snow said a few things about it. It's yours to do!
Go for it! I think Ckret even commented about it.
will check my notes ... Jo posted a bit about it ...
it got a lot of people's attention. Ckret put a lid on
it (I say smiling :)
The guy said he saw and knew Nothing.

I wonder if Coop ever gave a thought about the
time and day and maybe encountering someone
who was (or would come to be) high profile riding
that plane back to Grandma's house. ? Pretty
high probability of that in fact, on that day and
time. Important people always work late and travel
the last flight(s). Cooper must not have cared..
or known ... or recognised ... which means he was
either Kenny or some guy from Iowa!

Georger - it didn't escape me either - as Sluggo has probably told you, I have letters from Finegold and he and I spoke a couple of times in the beginning of my search. He was very kind to me and generous with his reply.

I was unaware that Finegold had anything to with Fleming and know little of that story. Finegold made no comment about this and therefore I assume it is of little relevance.

Question:
While I was in WA I heard a story about a pair of checkered pants found in the Amboy area.
When did this occur and why have I never read anything about them?

I asked Himmelsbach about this rumor and he made no comment, The reason I asked is that "Checkered" pants makes me think of Clowns. I was wondering if these pant (if they really exist could have been a muted plaid / houndstooth design). Don't even ask me why I am asking You this? Just thought you might know about the pants find - if it is true or not or a rumor (joke)?

Stranger still is that the Pants find was rumored to be in the Amboy area not far from the chute find. The story I heard is they where hanging in a tree...sounds like a prank to me.

Sluggo: Do you know anything about this Pants rumor I heard?

I will admit - I had never heard about these "pants" before and I am just curious if the story is real and when this find supposedly occurred.
Copyright 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 2013, 2014, 2015 by Jo Weber

Why can't Blevins just scan in a copy of the estate documents he's talking about with the numbers?

I'm thinking there must be a typo or something.

Or maybe there's a second layer of scam going on here.

Maybe Kenny left a will, but the Christiansen family tore it up because KC left the moolah to someone else? And they grabbed the cash?

Whatever the amount is, someone's got it...

I mean, basically Blevins is writing a brag book: Christiansen got the cash, and kept it all and transferred it to the family. Or someone. Maybe the family didn't get it?

Heck, what about Watson? How come he didn't ask for more? Maybe he wants more now, once he finds out there's $1M in play. Who's the guy that broke in someplace once. Maybe there's a future robbery that's going to happen? Murder..whatever. The usual stuff.

Jo the sanity policewoman asked "Please keep the conversations sane and within a realm of reality. This is just a personal request because the crazy talk gets everyone out of sorts."

I guess you're right. I mean it's just $1M we're talking about. Who's going to commit a crime to grab that? Ridiculous crazy talk.
And KC died in '94? So the money is long gone? (but the paperwork lived on, apparently?)

(edit) Hey I was just thinking. If KC died in '94 how old was he: was he like just 68 years old? How did he die? That seems young?

Sorry.

And there's no way KC was involved in methamphetamine distribution or manufacture. It's not possible. Nor the family. Blevins would have told us.

Jo the sanity policewoman asked "Please keep the conversations sane and within a realm of reality. This is just a personal request because the crazy talk gets everyone out of sorts."

I guess you're right. I mean it's just $1M we're talking about. Who's going to commit a crime to grab that? Ridiculous crazy talk.
And KC died in '94? So the money is long gone?

Sorry.

And there's no way KC was involved in methamphetamine distribution or manufacture. It's not possible. Nor the family. Blevins would have told us.

I wonder about the real Kenny and the life he lead.
He would never have come across anyone's radar
without Lyle's stunt. Kenny probably lead a pretty normal life for a person of his type in those days,
work was important enough to him to have a vita,
and he may have hqad a stamp and coin collection
he played with in the off hours while dreaming about
'what if and what might have been'...

I dont see the psychology for hijacking an
airplane in Kenny, or a bank robbery either, or
any prolonged hard physical labour unless ordered
to short term (his military service). It does make
me wonder how he landed in the airborn WWII.

I have to wonder what Kenny would think about
all of this ^x*t. Always blame the gay guy. Gays
can't defend themselves! Wasn;t that the rule in
his era. Blevins should be researching Lyle under
the title: "Why do gay guys get blammed'? That
might be a better story worth telling ... just a
suggestion.

So you're thinking that Blevins is saying KC only did one crime in his life, hijacking a 727 for $200,000 with a bomb, and then he was done?

I can't really tell what Blevins is saying. I'm still picturing people jumping around naked in the twenties and carrying bags of it to friends, but only as a loan...i.e. you are expected to pay back that $5000 in twenties, otherwise, we'll have to go to court to settle things.

If a friend of mine hijacked a jet and loaned me $5000 of the proceeds, and then asked for it back, I'd laugh in his face, and ask for $10,000 more or he's going to jail!

So you're thinking that Blevins is saying KC only did one crime in his life, hijacking a 727 for $200,000 with a bomb, and then he was done?

I can't really tell what Blevins is saying.

No! Im saying KC did only one crime in his life
which was being gay and withdrawn, and people
are still persecuting him for that, and making
him a convenient target of opportunity. The
crime is theirs, not Kenny's.

I think Blevins knows this and is using the vulnerability that being gay conveys to a lot of
people.

I wonder about KC's criminal record. Is there one?
I doubt it. H said Cooper was a professional criminal
of the nastiest type. Blevins is now saying (theorising for publication) KC was a hijacker.
I want to see Kenny's rap sheet. His crime was
the gay gene and vulnerability in an era where
saying nothing was the best policy and you got by,
more or less but sometimes not. Kenny obviously
got through the military un scathed, or did he?
We dont have the whole story. We dont have very crucial facts. Blevins has conveniently chosen to ignore perhaps the most important element ...
motive.

KC had no motive to be hijacking an airplane.
Blevins has failedto established the psychology
for Kenny that would lead to a hijacking or a bank
robbery. The crimes are related...

I think Kenny was a pretty well adjusted guy and
his rural cultural family played a large role in giving him the tools to deal with (his) life; perhaps his mother instilled these skills in him.

Im guessing the real Kenny never would have guessed what is happening today would happen, especially from his own brother? If there are sisters it would be nice to talk to them for their perspective.

Because KC was not DB Cooper any more than
I was. I think Bruce could give us some valuable
perspective on this whole dynamic. And I am
100% serious in what Im saying here tonight,
now.

Thats my THEORY.

You knew what I meant, I think. The cross
examination is good for adding emphasis.

My take is that everyone's reaction is the same as mine:

That any theory is fine. But that it was bizarre how Blevins tried to ram it down everyone's throat. Remember how he bragged about the secret to his success being going out and interviewing people, while everyone else couldn't see the forest for the trees?

Beyond the theory, he actively campaigned that everyone else was stupid.

No vested interests in any particular theory, but this was certainly not the impression I got about Blevins. Could he have conducted himself better? Sure. That's probably true of any poster on this thread. But he's certainly been more emphatic that it was a theory than trying to convince everyone blindly his theory is the only correct one... unlike some other posters we have had.
Skydiving: wasting fossil fuels just for fun.

Ah, Orange1.
Then maybe I am the one that should apologize.

On another note, Is it possible to get a copy of the contract Blevins has with the history channel? There must be money involved...otherwise how could they sue him for $500k for breach of contract?

If there was no money involved, why the heck does Blevins care what the History Channel thinks?

I apologize to Mr. Blevins. He is not a liar, unlike the other people up in the north woods.

Bernie Madoff committed the world’s largest theft and had but one tool at his disposal; BS.
If you count the legions of brain dead that wanted to believe how Bernie had a super secret way to trade stocks, then he had two tools available.

And yet, there were also plenty smart people who figured out he couldn't possibly be doing what he said he was. I can't remember all the details now, but I believe he was put forward as suspect a good few years before it all blew up. I've also seen at least one piece of research which was done before he was found out, in 2006, which essentially proved he couldn't possibly be doing what he said he was ...and indeed the closest they could come to replicating his returns was basing the model on another, known pyramid scheme... if anyone is interested, the details are here http://www.markovprocesses.com/download/mpi_Madoff_Fraud_Analysis_2008Q4.pdf.
Indeed, they note

The truth is that investors often prefer to ignore red flags and forgo analytical tools and techniques specifically designed to protect them from such a fraud.

When you talk about Madoff's tools, one of them is the lack of proper due diligence by investors. It's the same thing that led so many pension funds etc to invest in subprime MBS and CDOs. ...sorry all off topic i guess...
Skydiving: wasting fossil fuels just for fun.

I am but a lowly internet forum poster, on a backwater thread, on a backwater forum.

Yet, I made you backpedal on your claims of jump experience for KC.

I guess, your point is, that was an exception, not the rule.

I listened to Jon Stewart and thought "magnifying glass, burning ants? Sounds like fun"

We all have our own magnifying glasses. You burn your ants. I'll burn mine. The problem is, you're mine! And KC's yours!

yee-hah!

addendum: Bigfoot

another addendum: If it's discovered that the Christiansens are running a meth cult, I claim all rights to the story and will take legal action against any IP theft. It's a theory based on analysis of the Christiansen family money flow. ($1M untraceable estate from Kenny moves to ??)

I am but a lowly internet forum poster, on a backwater thread, on a backwater forum.

Speak for urself Nexus. We are miles above the "backwater forum" genre. We are really big on dropzone.com which is really big with skydivers. That defines BIG TIME in my world. Who cares about the outside world of "no jump chumps"? True, most skydivers see this forum as the ghetto (or even as a cancer) on the website, but innovators and great thinkers are often shunned by the masses.;)

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

377 said "Speak for urself Nexus. We are miles above the "backwater forum" genre."

I apologize. I didn't realize that a skygod posted here. Didn't I see you reviewing some canopy flight book recently? What are you doing here in this slum? The guys at the DZ probably can't believe it...

Did Blevins consult you on KC's canopy flight? Are you going to be on the History Channel?

I read in a paper that you recreated KC's 1971 radio comms. How much money did you make?

Nexus says in part:

'Hey I was just thinking. If KC died in '94 how old was he: was he like just 68 years old? How did he die? That seems young?

You and Georger speculate on a great many things regarding Kenneth Christiansen's life. The two of you are woefully uninformed. Kenny died of cancer, probably related to his temporary job on Bikini Island, where the government finally decided to re-evacuate everyone because the Strontium-90 levels were still too high to be safe. Had you read the book or maybe Geoff Gray's article, you would know how he died.

As far as Lyle Christiansen, his involvement in the investigation has been mostly limited to providing letters written by Kenny and other physical items, including pictures. We always take a jaundiced view at verbal testimony presented by family members, unless it is backed by something else more solid. This is unlike what Galen Cook does, a man who relies mostly on family members who have much to gain if William Gossett were presented as the hijacker. The History Channel found Cook's claims completely without merit, and so do I.

While you snipe and guess about the man's life, I have been out there for going on two years speaking to the people who knew him best. I have recorded their interviews (with permission), taken their pictures, and discussed Kenny's life with them at length.

You ask if Kenny had a criminal record. Skipp and I ran that check not only on Kenny, but on many of the witnesses, the ones we thought could have been involved. What we discovered cannot be presented on a public forum until we discover the legal ramifications of doing so.

You ask how Kenny died. We not only know, we know where they buried him. You wonder where the money went. We traced his financials thoroughly.

In other words, we did the hard work of actually finding out what Kenny was all about. We present facts about his life, and you simply dismiss them as lies. You think we just made it all up. I can assure you we did not.

One thing that is always difficult to share with people is the testimony of people who were closest to Kenny. The light bulb that comes on inside your head when, for example, 'Dawn J' holds the picture of the tie in her hand and says:

'Oh, I don't know about this tie...but that's one of Kenny's old tie-tacs on it. I saw him wear it a few times, sure...'

Or maybe when 'Mike Watson' went on for twenty minutes about his friendship with Kenny over the years, but turned white as a sheet when I finally told him the real reason for the interview. (investigating the hijacking) Then he did a complete 180 and said we should speak to his ex-wife as Kenny's possible accomplice. When he was confronted by the History Channel with dozens of pictures of he and Kenny working together, or the wedding pictures, and all the other evidence, he had to relent. He changed his story at that point, saying he thought Kenny was the hijacker and that his ex-wife was Kenny's accomplice. In an effort to do damage control, he decided to drive down from Port Angeles and be interviewed for the show. The associate producer called me later about it:

'He was convincing at first. Later, we thought about what he was saying and we just didn't believe he knew nothing about the hijacking, especially when he insisted his ex-wife was involved and that he now thought Kenny WAS the hijacker.'

Or maybe when Skipp and I discovered that Kenny bought his Bonney Lake house for cash from a guy who just happened to be good friends with the Watsons. How convenient.

One thing after another. The same basic story from one person interviewed after another, many of whom had not seen each other in more than thirty years, and had never been contacted previously by anyone regarding Kenny or the hijacking. Some of these people, instead of laughing me off their front porches, went right to finger-pointing regarding the hijacking. This was not only strange, but downright suspicious. This is not the behavior of innocent folks, but of people who realize a Big Secret they were a part of may have finally come out. Innocent people would perhaps ask if you were crazy, or to get the hell off their property. Instead of that, I have people like 'Dawn J' telling me things like this:

"Oh...I thought Kenny was the hijacker from the beginning," she said. Or: 'So THAT'S where he got all the money..." Or: "Kenny owned a toupee. He wore it socially sometimes, but never on the job." Did she ever see him wear it after November 1971? "No," she said. I asked why no one ever confronted Kenny about possibly being the hijacker. "He was a nice guy and worked for the airline. It wouldn't have been polite..."

I suppose not.

At the start of my interview in early October with 'Helen J', she came to the door angry at me. "You have a lot of nerve," she said, "saying that a nice guy like Kenny was the hijacker." But by the end of the interview she was in tears. "How could he do such a thing?" She said. "I would never have thought he was a criminal..." Helen is a VERY nice lady. I tried to spare her feelings by saying that it was only a theory about Kenny, and we weren't 100% sure he was DB Cooper. One of the last questions I asked was if she knew if Kenny smoked. She said yes. Then I asked her if she knew what brand. Helen was not that familiar with the Cooper case and didn't understand why I was asking.

"I don't know...I'm not sure. Is it important?" She asked.

"It could be," I replied.

"Raleighs," she said, after some thought. "Kenny smoked Raleighs. I remember because he saved the coupons. Does it mean anything?"

"The hijacker smoked some cigarettes on the plane," I said. "They were Raleighs." The next day I stopped by her house and we talked for a while and had coffee. She was feeling better, and she promised to cooperate with one final interview before we enabled the new edition of the book.

"We have to change it," I said. "Some things we got right, others we didn't."

People on this thread like Georger and Nexus like to speculate on Kenny's life, but they have no clue. Personally, I think Kenny was a real nice guy, tougher than he looked, and was talked into the hijacking by 'Mike Watson'. I also beleive Watson had a reason for raiding 'Dick B's' house after Dick died and searching through his photos and personal papers, as well as the trip he made up to Twisp after Kenny died to steal the 1971 logbook.

I was recently asked by a local reporter what might be the ramifications of Kenny being presented on national television as the possible hijacker:

'More information will come out about him," I said. "Just like what happened after we released the book. It's likely that Christiansen will either be proven to be the hijacker, or new information will come out that proves it was all just a bunch of coincidences..."

If you are asking me which way it will go, I haven't a clue. However, if Kenny were still alive, I might go up to him in person and do my best Ricky Ricardo impression on him:

'LUUUUCY! You got some 'splaining to do..."

The idea that Kenny Christiansen could have been DB Cooper is only a theory. There are only two things that could actually prove it. First, a witness who comes forward and admits their involvement, and is able to provide some details about the crime known to the FBI, but not to the public. Second, a piece of physical evidence that 100% links Kenny to the crime. In the lack of those things, it remains a theory.

One thing strikes me.

Copernicus was able to state his THEORY in one
sentence. Galileo likewise. Cooper Anderson and
Nancy Grace do it likewise.

Yours must be a theory about a theory, about a theory - because you sure say a lot about something!

That anyone including me followed you into this
at all is unquestionably a sign of our stupidity and
vulnerability because in the end, it does not matter
what we think! WE are irrelevant. I guess it's between
you and your bank and the FBI. GO FOR IT!

WHY ARE YOU HERE? This is not a bank and we
sure as hell are not the FBI!

You came here for some reason? To expose us?
To conquor us? To spread the gospel according to
Blevins?

What if it turns out nobody here really gives a shit?

What then?

Do you know this is the FBI's case and not yours?

When cometh the red tide and will you be parting
the waters? When do you plan to walk over? Is
that why you care so much about this, or do you
normally talk to yourself for days - in a closet?

What do you hope to accomplish?

Anything?

Dont get the idea this is personal and directed
at you - I have been asking the same question
of Jo Weber for years. I ask it of everyone. That
is my stock and trade. Like you, I need psychiatric
help!

B|B|B|

another addendum: If it's discovered that the Christiansens are running a meth cult, I claim all rights to the story and will take legal action against any IP theft. It's a theory based on analysis of the Christiansen family money flow. ($1M untraceable estate from Kenny moves to ??)

Anywhere you have people involved in cooking or selling meth inevitably a lot of them start using and get really skinny. Bad teeth follows ("meth mouth" caused by dry mouth, lack of saliva, mouth acids go unneutralized and enamel erosion and decay follow fast). So if the suspect cult stayed chunky with good teeth you are probably barking up the wrong tree Nexus.

I dont understand why Blevins gets trashed so hard. He isn't evil incarnate, does admit mistakes and he has stirred up the DBC pot in the public eye which is ALWAYS good for shaking out new leads.

One of my brothers who does not dabble in DBC stuff told me he saw the National Geo special the other day. I asked him what he thought of it and he said he thought a good case was made for that NW employee who was a paratrooper being Cooper. He was especially impressed with a cash purchase of a house by a guy making peon wages. He thought KC looked very similar to the Cooper FBI sketch. I disagreed of course, but this shows you that some people think KC is a credible suspect.

Jo, how about just teling us what you found? You KNOW the FBI will not do any further investigating for you, so just tell us what you found during your trip and why now you are saying unequivocally that Duane Weber was Dan Cooper.

Orange was right about Madoff being proven a fraud long before his empire crashed. A fund manager, suspicious of Madoff's consistent and very high profit claims, proved beyond any doubt that there were no trades Madoff could have made (looking at volumes needed for his massive fund size) that would have accounted for the claimed results. This info was presented to the SEC who just ignored it and let Madoff fleece more victims. The SEC's negligence was the subject of a federal suit by a lawyer whose family lost big with Madoff. The case was thrown out saying there was no federal liability.

http://www.law360.com/articles/163713

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

377 offered "So if the suspect cult stayed chunky with good teeth you are probably barking up the wrong tree Nexus. "

I have photos of some of them from Blevins book and news articles. This is a good angle. I'll try to look at their teeth.

Evidence!

I wonder if they're not smiling, they're trying to hide their teeth?

Oh: another thing that bothers me: this notion of "hidden KC picture" behind another picture.
Surely everyone does the same thing as me: When you get a new picture, you slide it over the existing one in a frame, because you don't have another frame.

I find it ridiculous that Blevins keeps repeating this "hidden picture" idea, just because the picture was behind another in a frame.

That's just dumb.

(edit) Also: in terms of stirring up the DBC pot, if it comes out the money was used to start a meth cult, won't that stir the pot more?

Anywhere you have people involved in cooking or selling meth inevitably a lot of them start using and get really skinny. Bad teeth follows ("meth mouth" caused by dry mouth, lack of saliva, mouth acids go unneutralized and enamel erosion and decay follow fast). So if the suspect cult stayed chunky with good teeth you are probably barking up the wrong tree Nexus.

I dont understand why Blevins gets trashed so hard. He isn't evil incarnate, does admit mistakes and he has stirred up the DBC pot in the public eye which is ALWAYS good for shaking out new leads.

One of my brothers who does not dabble in DBC stuff told me he saw the National Geo special the other day. I asked him what he thought of it and he said he thought a good case was made for that NW employee who was a paratrooper being Cooper. He was especially impressed with a cash purchase of a house by a guy making peon wages. He thought KC looked very similar to the Cooper FBI sketch. I disagreed of course, but this shows you that some people think KC is a credible suspect.

Jo, how about just teling us what you found? You KNOW the FBI will not do any further investigating for you, so just tell us what you found during your trip and why now you are saying unequivocally that Duane Weber was Dan Cooper.

Orange was right about Madoff being proven a fraud long before his empire crashed. A fund manager, suspicious of Madoff's consistent and very high profit claims, proved beyond any doubt that there were no trades Madoff could have made (looking at volumes needed for his massive fund size) that would have accounted for the claimed results. This info was presented to the SEC who just ignored it and let madooff fleece more victims. The SEC's negligence was the subject of a federal suit by a lawyer whose family lost big with Madoff. The case was thrown out saying there was no federal liability.

http://www.law360.com/articles/163713

There are many constructs for the face of God -
likewise for Cooper. It is symptomatic of a semi
intelligent species lost in space with nowhere to
go, and nothing but a lot of hard work which may
all come to nothing. The Cooper fascination gets
us buy, so minimalisation wont work. The universe
is not so relative that all things reduce to an orange.
That only happens in Kali-forn-ya!

Nexus wrote:

Surely everyone does the same thing as me: When you get a new picture, you slide it over the existing one in a frame, because you don't have another frame.

Nope. Never done that. I ALWAYS take the old one out.

Speaking of picture frames, I worked at a tech company with an odd ultra fastidious OCD kind of guy (an engineer) who had a framed picture of his very pretty "girlfriend" on his desk. Nobody ever saw him with her or any other girl for that matter. He claimed that she resided out of state in his home town and that they saw each other on holidays and vacations. He had a story about her: she was a teacher, church girl and was caring for her aging mother. He said that they would probably be married in a few years.

He was humiliated one day when he arrived at work and there were two framed pictures of his "girlfriend" on his desk, one with a Walgreen's receipt taped to it. His "girlfriend" picture was a stock photo, the kind that comes with the frame. One of my co-workers did it and thought it was really funny. The target of the joke was really upset and didnt talk to anyone for days.

In retrospect I think the butt of the picture joke was a closeted gay guy and used the picture to pass as straight.

Nope. Never done that. I ALWAYS take the old one out.

Hmm.. But you have more jump experience than KC. Maybe it's a whuffo thing..kind of a tell.

same thing with toilet paper rolls..do you set them up to unroll from the inside or the outside.

The inside pull is documented by Poynter as more stable.

P.S. After your posting about the fake picture, I moved the rig I bought off ebay under my desk. Thanks for the warning.

Tyrannosaurus Nex said:

Did Blevins consult you on KC's canopy flight? Are you going to be on the History Channel?

No, I don't want to be on that hokey channel. I want to be on Deadliest Catch, they get more female groupies.

I read in a paper that you recreated KC's 1971 radio comms. How much money did you make?

Yes, I did that and it worked, clear 2 way voice comms up to 80 miles no problem with less than 1 watt. It cost me $17 for the jump and I had to buy a lot of beer for some stupid thing I said about being the first. Nobody paid me. I am not a good enough jumper to be paid for anything in skydiving. I couldn't sell a dollar bill for 50 cents at any DZ that knows me.