47 47
quade

DB Cooper

Nexus wrote:

P.S. After your posting about the fake picture, I moved the rig I bought off ebay under my desk. Thanks for the warning.

LOL, literally. :)
2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

There are many constructs for the face of God

I use toast. Snowmman has a side business selling die cut teflon coated stainless steel toaster stencils of God, Jesus and Quade. You lay them over your bread, turn on the toaster and you end up with a pretty good image burnt in. He gave me a few of the factory seconds.

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

Blevins wrote:

Kenny Christiansen is as good a suspect as any of the others. I just presented some of the things that make him so. Nothing more, nothing less. Why don't you say that stuff to Jo, who has been here for a lot longer and presented a lot more things here than I have.

KC isnt as good as some suspects, but it isnt an absurd theory that he was Cooper. I seem to be alone in my defense of Blevins. Show some love people. Blevins will end up having done a lot of work, endured a lot of abuse and will have been paid less than minimum wage when all the dust settles.

What is it about the Internet that turns most forums into Clockwork Orange or Lord of the Flies reenactments? No connection to our beloved Orange of course.

The guy with the faux girlfriend crossed the line from passive to active BS. Why fabricate some ‘whatever’ as a way to deflect what must be some apparent insecurities? Would you walk into a store and announce ‘I’m not shoplifting, I’m an honest person’?

By putting that photo on his desk he created a ‘conversation piece’ and manufactured some tar pit of a story which obviously sparked some interest.

I would have said ‘Oh yeah, the reason the stock pictures match is because, my girlfriend is a stock photograph model because she is smoking hot, you don’t even know. Guess you just made yourself look foolish, didn’t you?

377 ranted "What is it about the Internet that turns most forums into Clockwork Orange or Lord of the Flies reenactments"

You anti-Clockwork Orange ranters are all the same.

So you don't like Clockwork Orange? What are you proposing? The Blevins' version of "I'm polite, therefore it means something?"

Oh that reminds me. Sluggo will like this: I read an article in Outside magazine at the airport. Guy was talking about what it takes to be a good storyteller.

He said "well if you're not from the South, you got to realize you're starting from a disadvantage...You've got to forget about any notion of the truth" ...it was funny

Blevins wrote:

As far as the hijacker possibly using a walkie-talkie on the ground, that was an early speculation and will certainly be deleted from the new edition. It's much more likely the hijacker just walked out, and if he had help on the ground, that help would not be just parked somewhere in the woods waiting for him. Any accomplice would have waited at a place known to BOTH men.

I like radio comm technology and want DBC to have used it, but there is zero prooof that he did.

I've been jumping for 42 years, jumped rounds, jumped from a jet airliner and am pretty good at eyeball navigation. Given the circumstances of the flight, I can't see how DBC could have any reasonable expectation or chance of making a preplanned rendevous on the ground. He could have ended up 20-30 miles fomr the spot and as daybreak came anyone soaking wet and wandering around in the countryside would be an immediate suspect.

Radios were used by Special Ops jumpers in Viet Nam to rendevous after landing. It just makes sense to use radios as it eliminates the tie to a preplanned landing area.

You could land anywhere within 20 or 20 miles of the planned LZ in the Washougal area and communicate with your accomplice if he is situated on a peak with line of sight to your location.
You could inform DBC about poice activity, news broadcasts and JOINTLY figure out a strategy for a covert pickup.

Just cause using 2 way radios makes sense doesnt mean it happened though. It could work. It would have been smart to do, but no evidence that it was.

Like a State Park bordering the Washougal River and right off Interstate 5, for example. They did find the 1980 money a short distance away...

Huh

I think the closest any part of the Washougal River comes to I-5 is about 15 miles... WAY to the east. It follows that aptly named Washougal River Rd in yellow from the A on the map.
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=Washougal,+WA&sll=45.606832,-122.320404&sspn=0.11913,0.268822&safe=on&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Washougal,+Clark,+Washington&ll=45.686516,-122.403488&spn=0.262383,0.615921&z=11

I would have said ‘Oh yeah, the reason the stock pictures match is because, my girlfriend is a stock photograph model because she is smoking hot, you don’t even know. Guess you just made yourself look foolish, didn’t you?

Which is why you were in the left seat Farflung. This guy was static, never got promoted.

I can't imagine why people remember an Airstream (aptly named), and a weekend in 1971.

In any case, where did Mike Watson say he went with the Airstream? And if he was in conflict with another's memory, why is he wrong and another right.

I remember one guy that had an Airstream: he hauled it out and had the most success with women. A comfortable bed counts for a lot. Appropriate gear selection can make up for a lot of other deficiencies.

Nexus wrote:

So you don't like Clockwork Orange? What are you proposing? The Blevins' version of "I'm polite, therefore it means something?"

Yes, something like that but not quite so ridiculous. How about: Blevins wasn't attacking you personally, so why attack him personally?

Does being reasonably nice make one a wimp?

Civility is a social lubricant. Do you like running gearboxes dry?

Engineer to Farflung, we've got an intermittent chip detector light flicker in the accessory gear drive section on number four. Wanna shut it down skipper?

Yes, something like that but not quite so ridiculous. How about: Blevins wasn't attacking you personally, so why attack him personally?

sigh. You're wrong.
Blevins said I had personal issues. Is that an attack?
Don't you read the thread, in between your photo op jumps?

And where am I attacking him? I'm just saying he's a liar. He's used the word "lie" and "liar" a lot when he has evidence that disproves someone's statements. So I'm speaking in the language used by the natives.

I have made no personal attacks. I am accurate when I say "Blevins has his magnifying glass on KC. I have mine on Blevins".

Are you saying KC is a fair target, but not Blevins?

I don't get your point? clarify.

Georger rightly brought up a valid question of why the gay guy gets blamed (KC). I will point out you're the first to bring in the wimp term. I think the idea of wimp or non-wimp is endemic to skydiving.
Am I wrong?

:([:/]:|
Nexus:

PLEASE tone it down! Your snipes and critical tones are unnessary to make a point. Your talk about Meth is uncalled for. Your being critical about the posters and the forum it's self are uncalled for. If you consider this thread and posters "black" water then you need to go else where.

377 recreated a communication by Walkie Talkie, but it was unrelated to KC. It was about communications during the hijacking (go back and read this thread in its entirety - then come back and be civil to everyone here).

We have our disagreements, but those who are rude and abrasive do not stay very long.

We agree to disagree without the attitude or the abuse. Our conversations are not juvenile, nor do we quip about meth. Your posts are the very kinds of posts made previously that got the thread in trouble way back when.
Your posts present some very good points - but you can do that without the :P atitude.
Copyright 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 2013, 2014, 2015 by Jo Weber

Don't confuse me with logic Nexus. You make a great logical argument for your position. Since I am unable to refute it I just have to ignore it.

I do, however, know nice when I see it and Blevins is nicer to you than you are to him.

Now as for you being the "Nexus of Civility" ... are you truly worthy of that lofty self awarded title?

Maybe I simply misunderstand you. I admit to that possibility.

"PLEASE tone it down! Your snipes and critical tones are unnessary to make a point. Your talk about Meth is uncalled for. Your being critical about the posters and the forum it's self are uncalled for. If you consider this thread and posters "black" water then you need to go else where. "

Fair enough Jo.
It was good chatting with you folks, and thanks for letting me stop by.
Good luck!

Now… let’s get down to business.

It appears that it is fairly common knowledge (don’t slap me georger, I know that is unsupportable) that Brother Lyle has admitted that he saw the “Unsolved Mysteries” show and thought he could sell a movie story-line by accusing his deceased brother of being DB.

After all… he hired Skipp Porteous of Sherlock Investigations to find a particular movie producer, NOT to prove his brother was DB.

Les Jones reminds us [Here]:
“It's worth mentioning that Lyle Christiansen has a financial motivation in implicating his brother. He came forth with his claims in the context of pitching a movie. There's nothing new under the sun - there are at least two cases where people claimed that their own father killed JFK and tried to land a book or movie deal. As with the new D.B. Cooper suspect the accused were dead when the claim was made. Kenneth Christiansen died in 1994.”

Lyle seems to busy himself by inventing (very useful) things. I have attached a few of his patents. Patents are a very good way to learn (a lot) about people.

Back in February 2007 Lyle called into a radio talk-show [MJ Morning Show] Lyle finally admitted that the only link Ken Christianson had to DB Cooper was "the one that he (Lyle) dreamed up”. He just thought the story would make an interesting movie. Lyle said he couldn't produce any evidence at all that Ken was Cooper. Remember this was in 2007 right after Geoff Gray’s article.

So, knowing this, why have Blevins and Porteous pursued this path. Was Lyle just the luckiest man on earth, one who made up a story out of whole-cloth and a New York detective, not being paid by him, found evidence that the fantasy was, in fact real?

You decide!

Web Page
Blog
NORJAK Forum

Nexus, why do you operate in binary? Don't leave, just be a nicer. I really enjoy your posts and so do many others.

I dont find the meth speculation offensive. There were not a lot of legal ways to get 4x gains on money back in those days. Hijacking with a bomb threat is a lot more directly violent than cooking and/or selling meth. Why is it OK to identify KC or Duane a skyjacker but be offended if drugs are mentioned?

Nexus, are you saying "I wont stay unless I get to offend people"? That isnt a very sociable position. How about taking a little bit of negative feedback and using it on a grid to control the gain?

Like a State Park bordering the Washougal River and right off Interstate 5, for example. They did find the 1980 money a short distance away...

Huh

I think the closest any part of the Washougal River comes to I-5 is about 15 miles... WAY to the east. It follows that aptly named Washougal River Rd in yellow from the A on the map.

:D:)
Good Catch Amazon.
Wish I had been able to get in touch with you while I was in WA and OR for 15 days. Glad to be home, but there was so much I didn't get to do and I can't afford to go back so I will have to depend on independent research regarding the things I have - I know FULL well not to expect ANYTHING from the FBI.

Great post Sluggo. I gues you are saying that KC was a manufactured Cooper suspect, sort of like Hannah Montana being a manufactured singing star.
Lyle basically paid Porteous to make KC a suspect in your view, correct?

Then we have Sheridan Peterson who is FAAAARRR more qualified as a potential Cooper than KC, but nobody is promoting him as a suspect and he won't respond to interview requests.

Read Sheridan's novel if you can find a copy. It has some eerie and intriguing analogies to Norjack facts in it.

I think it's highly likely that Sheridan Peterson knew that a 727 could be jumped either from his Boeing tech writer experience or his time in Nam as a civilian skydiver when rumors of the Air America 727 jumps had to have circulated among the jumper crowd.

How would KC know that a 727 could be jumped? Not even the 727 pilots and FE knew that.

Now… let’s get down to business.

It appears that it is fairly common knowledge (don’t slap me georger, I know that is unsupportable) that Brother Lyle has admitted that he saw the “Unsolved Mysteries” show and thought he could sell a movie story-line by accusing his deceased brother of being DB.

After all… he hired Skipp Porteous of Sherlock Investigations to find a particular movie producer, NOT to prove his brother was DB.

Les Jones reminds us [Here]:
“It's worth mentioning that Lyle Christiansen has a financial motivation in implicating his brother. He came forth with his claims in the context of pitching a movie. There's nothing new under the sun - there are at least two cases where people claimed that their own father killed JFK and tried to land a book or movie deal. As with the new D.B. Cooper suspect the accused were dead when the claim was made. Kenneth Christiansen died in 1994.”

Lyle seems to busy himself by inventing (very useful) things. I have attached a few of his patents. Patents are a very good way to learn (a lot) about people.

Back in February 2007 Lyle called into a radio talk-show [MJ Morning Show] Lyle finally admitted that the only link Ken Christianson had to DB Cooper was "the one that he (Lyle) dreamed up”. He just thought the story would make an interesting movie. Lyle said he couldn't produce any evidence at all that Ken was Cooper. Remember this was in 2007 right after Geoff Gray’s article.

So, knowing this, why have Blevins and Porteous pursued this path. Was Lyle just the luckiest man on earth, one who made up a story out of whole-cloth and a New York detective, not being paid by him, found evidence that the fantasy was, in fact real?

You decide!

Meat on the bones. Substance on the pathology.
I think the only remaining question is:

"What is a theory about a theory about a lie in the first place" ?

And, do theory pushers need a psychiatrist or a priest?

Damn good work! Thanks! :)

Sluggo's Post Edited to be brief:

Brother Lyle has admitted that he saw the “Unsolved Mysteries” show and thought he could sell a movie story-line by accusing his deceased brother of being DB.

Sluggo:
:)

Edited Post to be brief:
"Back in February 2007 Lyle called into a radio talk-show Lyle finally admitted that the only link Ken Christianson had to DB Cooper was "the one that he (Lyle) dreamed up”. He just thought the story would make an interesting movie. Lyle said he couldn't produce any evidence at all that Ken was Cooper. Remember this was in 2007 right after Geoff Gray’s article.

Sluggo:
I love your last statement I posted again below. At least someone here can be analytical.
PS I can't even spell it.

"So, knowing this, why have Blevins and Porteous pursued this path. Was Lyle just the luckiest man on earth, one who made up a story out of whole-cloth and a New York detective, not being paid by him, found evidence that the fantasy was, in fact real?"

Sluggo Monster,

There are only two things that surprise me anymore.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncjYnLgxyCI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gw1g2yKxb0I

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crfGXmxJ1vM

The things people invent and those that buy them.

Farflung,

You da man... yeh they're sad but what a great indicator meme fot the anthropologist in the year 2525!

Web Page
Blog
NORJAK Forum

Sluggo Monster,

There are only two things that surprise me anymore.
---
The things people invent and those that buy them.

Farflung: I seldom reply to your posts but I have to say myself that when it come to Cooper - you hit the nail on the head.

Only 2 things surprise me anymore - the things people invent and those that buy them!

STILL curious if anyone ever heard the RUMOR I heard in WA while I was out there about the CHECKERED PANTS being FOUND in AMBOY area. When did that story start and how? If this truely occured - when did it occur?

This one needs Snowmman!

Right now I am acclimating myself to being home and getting things done that need to be done. In a couple of days I will be trying to organize and sort out my maps and make sense of my hectic trip to Cooper Country. Then there are things that need to be researched.

I have some geneological questions - that go far beyond my realm of investigating. I am able to trace to Duane's grand parents - but have been unable to locate their relatives such as the brothers and sisters of those grandparents...if anyone has this capabilitity please help me. The woman who has been helping me previously has been ill and may no longer have access to the archived geneologies.

I know what I am looking for because of remarks made by Duane and the family. Duane was aided by cousins in the lower WA and upper OR area when he was sentenced to McNeil. I knew there was intervention by family and family friends - even the FBI stated Duane only PASSED thru McNeil. His ID at the time of conviction stated he was born in 1920 and not 1924 - so they actually sentenced a juvenile to a predatory Federal Penitentary.

I was told a story by both the sister and the brother and what I found bears out - but, I have to prove it. We all know the FBI has washed their hands of this.

Also I have archivist looking for pictures made at the SpillWay Tavern in The Dalles of a young man who washed dishes there. In fact I am going to run a picture of Duane as a young man in The Dalles and The Hood and Goldendale (haven't found out the cost of this yet). The article WILL not mention anything about Cooper just as my approach to people in the communities did NOT say any thing other than I was looking for the Past of this Boy or Man from 1945 to 1949.

In The Dalles - I had a very hard time meeting with a historian and after 3 trys - I gave up. In other words I went to other locations and then back to The Dalles for this purpose - and that was costing me time and money.
Perhaps the local paper will be willing to run an ad with a picture - but, it has to have exposure and not on the back pages...at least it will be cheaper than another trip.

I did meet two very helpful gentlemen in that area - but, the museum was closed and the court house was preparing for an election. I guess it was my timing, although I did not have that problem in Hood River or Goldendale or Biggs or Rufus or Cames or Battleground or St. Helens, OR.

I was disappointed with my limited contacts in The Dalles, but I will over come that one. If you can't get in the front door - go in the back door and that doesn't work dig your way in from below.

Until this afternoon I was still hurting and feeling really anxious from my trip....there is so much to do and so much more I need to find. As I sort thru these things I will post about them - ONE at a time and hope there are others out there with resources I do not have access to. If I have to publically expose Duane's past and my search for answers I will do so - as I DO NOT EXPECT the FBI to lift a finger.

Any of this that can be done by private EMAIL I will appreciate because at this time I don't need for what I have to be trashed with gossip or something like the CHECKERED PANTS story.