47 47
quade

DB Cooper

Check Social Security Death Index website, using full name and DOB. Good place to start.

US Search is honest (unlike Intelius and many others) and they are the only ones that take PayPal. You can't hide from a lot of stuff, especially where sometimes you are forced to use your real name.

Well, Guys it sound like you all have given her some sound advice about the fingerprint database ( which will only work if he committed other crimes since and/or sought employment that requried fingerprints)....after the database was put into place.

Since I only have dial up - I couldn't isolate the pictures of her father...and /or was out of the room when they came up. Never learned to play this stuff back and have to watch it in segments. If anyone was able to isolate the photos - send them to me - I have an idea that might locate him if he is still alive. We would need his SS number - if she has it, but this is the part that is puzzling - the FBI would have checked to see if that number had ever been used since (right)? Therefore one would have to surmise he was able to get another SS# somehow or he is deceased.

I only question dark Blue eyes so dark they could be considered Black or Dk. Brown. 44 yrs old when he disappeared - so if he didn't die - somewhere this man has a history. I noted that he disappeared in 1971 - remember Duane's other name and SS number happened in 1960 - so I guess they could still do that 11 yrs later. Hasn't the government put some FAIL SAFE plans into the system to stop this from happening? If not - why?

Their story is rather heart breaking. I expect if a 1997 productin didn't get any results he may have been deceased in 1997. Ashame something like this couldn't have been done back in the 80's when there would been a better chance of a response. 1997 was just a little to late, but never say never.
Copyright 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 2013, 2014, 2015 by Jo Weber

Excellent job with the images georger, as usual.

I did the customary split face and side by side renderings. Any person of superior intelligence or beauty can clearly see he is a dead ringer for the DB Cooper composites. No need to discuss this any further as we all agree to this known fact.

Secondly is the inset of his arms. Again, clearly they are not hairy. This has been used as a point of identification and accepted as relevant and another known fact.

Could there be more?

I’m glad that one good reason for a person not being DB Cooper or executed for that matter, is disfavored for a litany of oft disjointed non sequiturs of a larger quantity.

“Quantity has a quality all its own” – Joseph Stalin

“You bought the ticket, now take the ride” – Hunter S. Thompson

So I’m trying to be a good uncle and get the nephew interested in aviation.

I built a Swing Landing Trainer for the kid in the back yard for very little money. He really took to it. But his mother has branded me as a ‘Bad Guy’ for some reason. Maybe she will get over it after he tries the Ejection Seat Trainer I’m building now.

So I’m trying to be a good uncle and get the nephew interested in aviation.

I built a Swing Landing Trainer for the kid in the back yard for very little money. He really took to it. But his mother has branded me as a ‘Bad Guy’ for some reason. Maybe she will get over it after he tries the Ejection Seat Trainer I’m building now.

You have no idea how rewarding it is to be the one holding the rope for the swing landing trainer when some macho college boy is hooked up and waiting for you to "train" him :D:D:D:D:D

Simulating an oscillating canopy landing for them is some fun stuff:)

I say fake, any other opinions?

The youtube production is s bit too slick. The voice and style is NOT Snowmman's so he is arguably off the hook, although it would not be beyond him to do electronic voice alteration or use a hired gun to narrate. It just doesnt have the look and feel of any forum poster's work. Comments?

People are so into geo caching and tresure hunting in general. When I was a kid I used to dream about finding the Lost Dutchman's Mine after reading about it. Our family went camping in the CA Gold Country and I spent every minute looking for gold. Actually found a minor amount. An old timer told me to dig up some sand and gravel on the dry outside bends of the river and pan it out with water. He said centrifugal force throws the gold to the outside and few amateurs look in the dry riverbed, preferring to pan in the wet sand.

Can you imagine how crazy this critter cam stuff could get? I'll fake a vulture or coyote cam and have it pecking or pawing at some old bones and NB6 or NB8 harness hardware including a right hand outboard pull setup. I'll ask Amazon to give me some Washougal footage to mix in for authenticity.

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

Found this thread:

02-06-2009, 07:56 PM
Several of us "old timers" in the sport believe we know D.B. Cooper's true identity.

oh? do tell...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MVM02-06-2009, 09:02 PM
C'mon and fess up. Who is he?

As an aside: There used to be a bar in San Jose (CA) called DB Cooper's. Over the dance floor they had a mannequin suspended spread eagled from a parachute above him that was attached to the ceiling.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

chetlaw02-07-2009, 07:42 AM
His name is (or was) Norton Thomas. He dissapeared about 20 years ago while ferrying a Beech D18 to Hawaii. His dissapearance was, to say the least, pretty suspicious; He reported engine problems to the other Beechcraft accompanying him and just dissapeared. This happened at night and those of us who knew Norton like to believe he headed for South America with the money.

Anyway, Norton was from California, but moved to the Northwest about 5 years before the highjacking. He was a highly experienced skydiver and pilot. He was a colorful and fun-loving character who knew a lot of low people in high places as well as high people in low places. He was a lawyer who either had been, or at least had connections with the Hells Angels out of Oakland. His girlfriend, Jeannie McCombs, was a national skydiving champion who was killed in a skydiving accident in Elsinore California shortly after working on the film "Private Benjamin."

When I saw the composite drawing of D.B. Cooper, the first thing I thought was "that's Norton Thomas." He was a dead-ringer for the composit. Evidently the FBI thought so too because they questioned him more than once. He never admitted it to me or anyone I know, but he never denied it either (except, of course to the FBI). As far as I know, the consensus of those who knew him is that he was the one most likely to have pulled it off.

The skydiving community is pretty small and was much smaller back in 1971. For D.B. Cooper to have pulled it off, he would have had to have had some skills and knowledge (or, just maybe have been awfully lucky). Norton had those skills and knowledge and was just nuts enough to have done it.

I haven't thought of Norton in years, thanks for asking.

ETriggs02-08-2009, 03:37 AM
His name is (or was) Norton Thomas. He dissapeared about 20 years ago while ferrying a Beech D18 to Hawaii. His dissapearance was, to say the least, pretty suspicious; He reported engine problems to the other Beechcraft accompanying him and just dissapeared. This happened at night and those of us who knew Norton like to believe he headed for South America with the money.

Anyway, Norton was from California, but moved to the Northwest about 5 years before the highjacking. He was a highly experienced skydiver and pilot. He was a colorful and fun-loving character who knew a lot of low people in high places as well as high people in low places. He was a lawyer who either had been, or at least had connections with the Hells Angels out of Oakland. His girlfriend, Jeannie McCombs, was a national skydiving champion who was killed in a skydiving accident in Elsinore California shortly after working on the film "Private Benjamin."

When I saw the composite drawing of D.B. Cooper, the first thing I thought was "that's Norton Thomas." He was a dead-ringer for the composit. Evidently the FBI thought so too because they questioned him more than once. He never admitted it to me or anyone I know, but he never denied it either (except, of course to the FBI). As far as I know, the consensus of those who knew him is that he was the one most likely to have pulled it off.

The skydiving community is pretty small and was much smaller back in 1971. For D.B. Cooper to have pulled it off, he would have had to have had some skills and knowledge (or, just maybe have been awfully lucky). Norton had those skills and knowledge and was just nuts enough to have done it.

I haven't thought of Norton in years, thanks for asking.

Did he file anything like a flight plan? It would be interesting to see if there is a Beechcraft in the drink where he claims to have gone down.

chetlaw02-08-2009, 07:33 AM
Did he file anything like a flight plan? It would be interesting to see if there is a Beechcraft in the drink where he claims to have gone down.

I'm assuming he filed a flight plan. He was one of two twin Beeches they were ferrying to Hawaii. My understanding is that there was no sign of him or his plane when the rescue personell got to the location where he reported engine trouble. The other aircraft wisely continued on. There was no way he could have circled until the rescue personell arrived. Also, it was nighttime. No one actually saw him go down. The circumstances just add fuel to the idea that he headed for S. America. As for finding the location where he called in his "mayday": its an awful big ocean, and back then they didn't have GPS and some of the position location devices they do today. Look how long they have been trying to find Amelia Earhart's plane.

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

I could not find an NTSB report on a Twin Beech hitting the drink between California and Hawaii to back up the story.

The girlfriend had her name misspelled Jeannie (jeanni) McCombs (D251) was killed one day after her 50th birthday on 28 Mar 1981 (see pic helmet).

Guess enough time has passed for the urban legends to bloom.

more from copied thread:

http://www.ffcars.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-208021.html

chetlaw
Junior Charter Member

Originally Posted by ETriggs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmImn...eature=related

Wow. I am pretty sure the rear air stairs on a DC-9 is similar to a 727. DB Cooper may have made it after all.

In 1981, I worked on the movie "Pursuit of D.B. Cooper." I doubled Treat Williams for the skydiving scene. I, and four other stunt doubles, jumped from a 727 over a town named "Groveland" just east of Yosemite, CA. We each made two jumps from the 727 from 8,000 feet. I have no doubt D.B. Cooper made it. Several of us "old timers" in the sport believe we know D.B. Cooper's true identity.

There is a great deal of talk about the 727 being ‘jumpable’ or the aft stairs requiring some sort of doctorial degree to operate. Perhaps both are true, so I thought I would supply some show and tell about another Boeing product, the 707 (aka C-135).

The little door on the left side of the aircraft cheek is the crew entry hatch. In case of an emergency, it becomes the bailout hatch. Does that look jumpable? Kinda scary in front of Skyvac #2. But that was in fact where the crew would exit that plane in whatever configuration. Obviously, it could be opened in flight.

Same for the teeny, tiny over wing hatch. That was also an egress point and could be opened in flight. Real eye opener when the peckerwoods would fall in during takeoff or landing or anytime for that matter.

The cargo door. Could it be opened in flight? Yes. Would you want to do such a thing? No. Since it is the more complex of the systems, here is a long tutorial on the proper care and feeding.

A. Handle in NEUTRAL position. This is typically the center detent which allows hydraulic fluid to pass through the system without stressing associated components.

B. Open position. Typically the upper detent which allows the pump to force fluid into the piston(s) which move the actuator which elevates the door.

C. Motor. A toggle switch that powers an electric motor to force fluid into the actuator which opens the door.

D. Close. This allows the door to gravity fall to the cam locks on the floor of the fuselage.

E. Locking Handel(s). These are manual locks which operate cams which pull the door closed and create a seal.

OK, that is all. Not too tough. Can’t imagine what was so vexing about those aft stairs, but I’m sure someone has some simple explanation.

It's a moot point Farflung.

Cost-cutting drops chutes from KC-135s (drops meaning ELIMINATES).

http://www.airforcetimes.com/news/2008/03/airforce_kc135_parachutes_030508w/

If you fly KC 135 tankers you are going down with the ship if there is a problem. If tankers don't need chutes certainly C 135 freighters wouldnt need them, if any are still flying.

Tankers have collided with receivers. The B 52 - KC 135 collsion off Palomares Spain put some nukes in the drink.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I remember having to teach egress on the EC-135's/EC-141's while assigned to Wright Patt. Its been awile but I do remember the little pull down bar and the correct tuck position to take. I would have loved to have actually done it but the ones they had there had a proliferation of Lumps and Bumps compliments of the people testing new and exciting electronics. AT least the Dash-1?? for the KC's/C-135's showed less in the way of things to run into while exiting. The preferred method was to toss out an A-3 bag filled with junk from the cockpit it in to hopefully clean off an antenna or two. Still I think it would have been fun to require the college boys to actually have to make jumps and not just the swing lander or the tower with the zip line for water entries without actually having to hang under a real parachute.

I really don’t see ANY problem with bailing out of a 135. The book said you could.

You just had to be sure and keep the palms of your hands facing forward when you dropped from the bar. There was a little picture near the hatch to remind you. Oh, and be sure and check your data card and verify your chute is current. Wouldn’t want to bail with a stale re-pack. Imagine having to explain using an out of date chute on the ground, embarrassing.

Interphone comms in a chuteless KC 135 refueling a B 52:

AC: we've got a stuck elevator jackscrew, I'm trimmed as far nose down as I can go, no way we can slow this pig enough to land it, we'll lose pitch control and buy the farm for sure.

Boomer: shall I disconnect skipper?

AC: negative Boomer, activate Harpoon Plan immediately. I'll chop power and you make sure that boom goes deep into the Buff's fuselage. He is flying us home like the Space Shuttle on top of that NASA 747. Fuck the Pentagon on this no chutes policy. Cheap bastards.

Boomer: I struck deep skipper, she's venting a lot of stuff through the hole.

AC: Good job. Thar she blows!

I really don’t see ANY problem with bailing out of a 135. The book said you could.

You just had to be sure and keep the palms of your hands facing forward when you dropped from the bar. There was a little picture near the hatch to remind you. Oh, and be sure and check your data card and verify your chute is current. Wouldn’t want to bail with a stale re-pack. Imagine having to explain using an out of date chute on the ground, embarrassing.

I dont know why.. but I seem to remember the 135 as being one of those that the aircrew wore the harness that the C-9 bailout chestmount was used in. For some reason I am thinking there was a rack of the chest mount containers hung on the inner fusalage near the bulkhead. Sorry but that was like 35 years ago.. so things get fuzzy.

Here is an attempt at a possible and simple explanation. D.B. Cooper had never seen that specific operating panel for the 727 rear stairs.

Assume that he had experience with 727 rear stairs that had been modified to lower in flight. For such stairs, it is very likely that the manufacturer would provide additional functions, such as stopping and locking at intermediate positions, and that would mean a new control panel design with more buttons and levers.

The modified stairs would probably also have a lot of work done on their design to insure that the stairs could be retracted and the cabin re-pressurized.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I remember having to teach egress on the EC-135's/EC-141's while assigned to Wright Patt. Its been awile but I do remember the little pull down bar and the correct tuck position to take. I would have loved to have actually done it but the ones they had there had a proliferation of Lumps and Bumps compliments of the people testing new and exciting electronics. AT least the Dash-1?? for the KC's/C-135's showed less in the way of things to run into while exiting. The preferred method was to toss out an A-3 bag filled with junk from the cockpit it in to hopefully clean off an antenna or two. Still I think it would have been fun to require the college boys to actually have to make jumps and not just the swing lander or the tower with the zip line for water entries without actually having to hang under a real parachute.

Amazon, If you were at Wright-Patterson in the early 1970s, you undoubtedly were looking at the pre-production C-141s which were used in the original flight test program.

Since they were not in the production configuration, they were sent to W-P and other such installations for use in various test programs rather than to operational units. I don't remember what specifically happened to the prototype C-141 (the first off the line), but the number 2 aircraft off the line was at W-P in 1976 based on my eyeball reading of the data plate in the cockpit area.

I was at the Air Force Flight Dynamics Laboratory at Wright Field from 1967 to 1978. While I was a civilian engineer, our military pilots had to take recurrent survival training periodically over on the Pat side of the operation. Were you the one who dumped them into the pond, or small lake, that was in the southeast corner of Patterson Field?

Most STCs for jumpships simply authorize flight with the door removed.

I have no idea what was authorized for the 727 and if there was any alternate lowering and raising mechanism that differed from the standard 727 airliner airstair gear.

Boeing DOES have 727 stair down flight test records though. They were sought when Don Kirlan was fighting with the FAA to get permssion to do 727 jumps at WFFC in Quincy Illinois.

Most STCs for jumpships simply authorize flight with the door removed.

I have no idea what was authorized for the 727 and if there was any alternate lowering and raising mechanism that differed from the standard 727 airliner airstair gear.

Boeing DOES have 727 stair down flight test records though. They were sought when Don Kirlan was fighting with the FAA to get permssion to do 727 jumps at WFFC in Quincy Illinois.

If a US Government agency was responsible for ordering the modifications and flight test program for the 727 stairs, then an FAA STC would probably not be required or issued unless it was specifically so stated in the contract paperwork.

Or to put it another way, when push comes to shove, the Federal Air Regulations do not apply to USAF, USN, and USA aircraft.

Robert