47 47
quade

DB Cooper

You guys are MORE THAN welcome to take the discussion elsewhere. It might solve numerous issues for all concerned.

Come on Quade, be nice. We've been pretty civil lately. Why make us feel so unwelcome on dropzone.com?

The World's Most Boeing Skydiver.

Quade IS being nice. While I agree that the thread has been civil, logical, and (mostly) reasonable in the last few weeks, I also appreciate a little nudge here and there from Quade in an effort to keep it that way.

"Once we got to the point where twenty/something's needed a place on the corner that changed the oil in their cars we were doomed . . ."
-NickDG

Realy Lets don't forget to lube all the joints . Drive line and check the brake Fluid. And diferentual levels. All I have done is contact all of dropzones advertisers and alert them to Quades post that maybe it would be a good Idea to move to another site. I only recomended that they read the post as to where to move it too and sugested the posibility of opening a new site that could use the parachute family and its interest involving Incidents that the world is interested in. It would be the Master site. Quade s sugestion gave me the Idea. Jerry

Slugo after Quades post.Maybe now you will understand why I ask if you were still incharge of your site. May I sugest that the intire DropZone comunity move to your site. Then you can recieve there royalties for advertisement.Or at least be in compitition. and have some democracy. Jerry

You guys are MORE THAN welcome to take the discussion elsewhere. It might solve numerous issues for all concerned.

I have this vision of Quade knelt in the corner desperately praying for deliverance:D:D
Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.

Quade,

No “guys” just Jerry. No one else commented and Jerry doesn’t speak for me.

As I have expressed previously, dropzone.com (as an entity) has been very welcoming (and tolerant) of us whuffos posting about DB. I’m not sure it is deserved. If the thread was closed tomorrow, I would be sad, but understanding.

Jerry,

Speak for yourself. You don’t represent my web site in any way, read the disclaimer on your page at my site:

Notice:
The content posted to this page represents the opinions of Jerry Thomas. It does not reflect the opinions of N467US.com. The space is provided in order to give an individual who has a story to tell, a place to tell it.

My site does not accept advertising (and never will as long as I can afford to keep it up (the site, not that other thing :)

All,

Just for the record:

I would LOVE to have more traffic on my web site(s). But, please be aware, anyone who has ever been banned from any other forum or blog (for reasonable cause), would have a hard time getting permission to post (unmoderated) on any site I run.

Web Page
Blog
NORJAK Forum

I agree with Georger. Keeping you guys on subject is like hearding Ducks! I believe we were discussing the riggers card thing and Cooper putting on the rig.

Or cats. Now that IS funny.

We could discuss Butler! I ran into a major confab
last night at my local eatery Ive visited for over
20 years ... the owner is a local HS girl's coach.
I know more than walked in than the pro MichState
faction started in ... Big Ten supporters, over
Butler? So I posed the question: well if this was
UNI then what in hell would you folks being saying!?
That caused a delay in their thinking ... long pause..
then laughter ... so we took a vote. I am proud to
announce it is now 50-50 at my local eatery. And
screw Michigan State (even though a third of my family is up there).

By the way... UNI coach was called about the UI
job. He said sorry ... you heard it first here. The
new guy here sounds & looks pretty good. His
assistants will make more than the UNI coach makes! A lot of us are wondering about that ...
doesnt seem fair does it?

Did I say "fair"? I meant "smart".

I agree with Georger. Keeping you guys on subject is like hearding Ducks! I believe we were discussing the riggers card thing and Cooper putting on the rig.

assistants will make more than the UNI coach makes! A lot of us are wondering about that ...

"Can we get back to the CVA's?

Just a suggestion."

"Once we got to the point where twenty/something's needed a place on the corner that changed the oil in their cars we were doomed . . ."
-NickDG

"Can we get back to the CVA's?

Just a suggestion."

Yours I presume:

Mar 27, 2010, 5:29 PM
Post #1 of 54 (353 views)

What's the plural form of "anus"? - NEW Quote | Reply

------------------------------------------------------------
-NickDG

(This post was edited by 1969912 on Mar 27, 2010, 5:30 PM)

Attachments: 032710_HEALTHBILL_20100327_200414.jpg (26.0 KB)

Georger, you are now unable to send PM's to me. Send your useless crap to someone else. My suggestion: sober the fuck up.

-NickDG

Georger, you are now unable to send PM's to me. Send your useless crap to someone else. My suggestion: sober the fuck up.

I dont drink. Sorry.
I dont do drugs. Sorry.
I dont start threads likeyours below:

PM

United States
Jumps
License
In sport
: 3
:
:

Mar 27, 2010, 5:29 PM

Post #1 of 54 (353 views)
Copy Shortcut

What's the plural form of "anus"? - NEW Quote | Reply

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-NickDG

(This post was edited by 1969912 on Mar 27, 2010, 5:30 PM)

Attachments: 032710_HEALTHBILL_20100327_200414.jpg (26.0 KB)

You missed a really good one: http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=3835149;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;;page=unread#unread

And no, I won't post any of your PM's. I'm not interested in playing your games. You act like a GD two-year-old who's feelings get hurt by the minute. Why don't you take the suggestion you made upthread seriously and get back to the CAVA's?

-NickDG

You missed a really good one: http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=3835149;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;;page=unread#unread

And no, I won't post any of your PM's. I'm not interested in playing your games. You act like a GD two-year-old who's feelings get hurt by the minute. Why don't you take the suggestion you made upthread seriously and get back to the CAVA's?

Ive already commented on tbe CVA's - you havent.
So who is playing games and intimidating?

Regarding the packing card - I am not sure that Tina actually knew what it was and they mentioned this later. She was told to hand him a card ...her handing this to him may have been the FBI's test of Coopers skill level...

I think we are talking about two different "cards". The instructions Cossey's loft supplied along with the chutes is a different item than the riggers packing cards which carry no instructions, just a packing date and rigger signature. The riggers packing cards are concealed in very obscure pockets on rigs. They have only the serial number of the canopy, packing date and riggers signature and FAA lic number and once in a while notes about repairs, tests or mods.

I agree on the location and content of rigger cards.

Assuming the "instructions" were never found (true? false?), did Mr. Cossey ever make a statement regarding their existence and what the instructions were?:)

-NickDG

I agree on the location and content of rigger cards.

Assuming the "instructions" were never found (true? false?), did Mr. Cossey ever make a statement regarding their existence and what the instructions were?[:)

:)
At that time I had not the knowledge or expertise to ask the specific questions we need to ask him. I am going to suggest that we compile a list of question for him - then mail them to him.

We can tell him about the forum, but from what I know about the man he would never participate.
I do believe he might answer certain questions in black and white if he thought the reply would stand in the history of the event and not be disputed or debated. I expect it to be conditional upon his being left alone - so the question/answer would be a ONE time shot.

If the forum could compile a list of these questions (only questions that apply directly to what he knows - not asking for his opinion) - we might get an answer and the permission to post those answers with the question. I am sure he is as tired of all the media as are the others who were involved.
This should be in writing.

I have an address (somewhere in my mess), but I am NOT the one to pose the questions - such questions and answers will create a historical document on his part and should be done by a responsible and unbiased individual. We all know responsible historians we can approach with this task. I know 2 who are NOT involved in the controversary, but would like to make sure the history of this event on November 24, 1971 is accurately recorded.
Copyright 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 2013, 2014, 2015 by Jo Weber

Cossey seems to have an attitude about Norjack investigators and has apparently given different answers to different people asking about the gear. Maybe he resents that he never made any money from the incident. He might have even lost money if he was not compensated for the chutes lost or damaged during the crime. He might just have a sardonic sense of humor that motivates him to "mess" with investigators, who knows?

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

Cossey seems to have an attitude about Norjack investigators and has apparently given different answers to different people asking about the gear. Maybe he resents that he never made any money from the incident. He might have even lost money if he was not compensated for the chutes lost or damaged during the crime. He might just have a sardonic sense of humor that motivates him to "mess" with investigators, who knows?

I wouldn't blame him at all for having an attitude about Norjack "investigators". Ditto for Tina M., et al.

Again, what is known about the existence/content of the "instructions"?

-NickDG

377. Cossey has no problem with the investigators. Larry Carr ask him to come to his office to Identify the parachute they had found. He had know problem with it at all. Jerry

good reply, and prior to his meeting(s) with Mr.
Cossey and other research Ckret said this:

Ckret
Jun 14, 2008, 3:13 PM
Post #2600 of 17295 (2990 views)

Re: [happythoughts] money [In reply to] Can't Post

------------------------------------------------------------

I want to make sure everyone understands that the instruction sheet offered to Cooper may or may not have come from Cossey.

I think it was a bit odd to offer instructions to Cooper when he made no request for them. And from what we now know the NB6 was altered to the point that even an experienced skydiver may have had difficulty with it. From this, I think that maybe Cossey knew this and wanted to warn anyone who my try to use it.

Total guess on my part, but the two backpacks came from Cossey, from Cossey's house. i don't think he had a manufactures instruction sheet laying around that he sent with them.

(This post was edited by Ckret on Jun 14, 2008, 3:17 PM)

|Moreover: other people have talked to Cossey and
are on record. One posted to this forum after
calling Cossey. Fact is there are a number of posts
on this topic in the record which are searchable.

That addresses the existence of the instructions.
What was Cossey's role in life? Rigger, packering,
instructor, etc. Instructions in that capacity are
nothing unusual.

As to the "content" of the instructions delivered
Cooper: Ask Cossey or Ckret.

You did not ask about "form": Card? Paper? Memeographed sheet? Typewritten? see the above.

maybe a search here would be productive...

377. Cossey has no problem with the investigators. Larry Carr ask him to come to his office to Identify the parachute they had found. He had know problem with it at all. Jerry

Cossey plays it straight with the feds but I think he occasionally has "fun" with amateur or self appointed Cooper investigators.

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

The Dep. of Justice's Office of Special Invevestigations is referred to as OSI.

OSI is still actively investigating and trying to track 65 yrs later Nazi War Criminals. I do not understand the terminology War Criminals after all of these yr and some of these "war" criminals where just doing their job and taking orders.

The millions of Jews killed under Hitler's order was an outrage, but is it anymore of an outrage than America ordering The "N" bombs to be used in Japan? Is it any different than the Civil war - brother killing brother because of ORDERS?

The US cannot even prosecute the few remaining war criminals who "might" still be found, but the can denaturalize and deport them. Our FBI and CIA is not actively ensueing the Cooper case because they do not have the man power nor funds, yet we can spend tax dollars to fund the OSI. The OSI is merging with another organization - but the target is still war crimes.

Our own Government is quilty of WAR Crimes. Every war has victims - deliberately or accidentally...the "war criminals" acted on Orders being given by their superior. I have always question this "Nazi" hunt, but for our government to have special organizations paid for with today's tax dollars 65 yrs later I question our Democracy even more.

The FBI makes cursory investigations into Cooper suspects. Cooper did not just threaten to kill one person - he was willing to kill 30 some odd citizens. Perhaps it is just me - but, I find using tax dollars to hunt for WAR criminals 65 yrs later is very shallow of the USA.

Makes one wonder - will our own military commanders and other servants of the government be pursued for WAR crimes against other nations yrs from now? The gas chambers were an atrocity, but is it any different than other "incidents done for the sake of war" by our own government?

No response is needed or wanted - I did NOT know until today that these Hunt's were paid for with tax dollars...and I see something wrong with this...65 yrs later - morally and logically and politically.

Just blowing off some steam now back to attacking weeds.
Copyright 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 2013, 2014, 2015 by Jo Weber

The millions of Jews killed under Hitler's order was an outrage, but is it anymore of an outrage than America ordering The "N" bombs to be used in Japan? Is it any different than the Civil war - brother killing brother because of ORDERS?

Yes, it IS different Jo. I don't think any humans should ever be nuked and there were a lot of atrocities in the Civil War (Andersonville prison camp for example), but the torture and execution of six million non combatants can hardly be excused by a "just following orders" defense. It wasn't just Jews BTW, Gypsies and homosexuals were sent to the Nazi death camps too. Soon hunting Nazi war criminals will be a moot point due to age, but I do see a reason to go after them while they can still be found. They are criminals and should have to answer for what they did.

Nagasaki and Hiroshima were arguably valid military targets due to industrial presence. I think it was wrong to bomb them and never would have approved it if I were the President without first demonstrating the atomic bomb in an unpopulated area and giving the Japanese a chance to surrender after witnessing its horrendous destructive power. I am friends with a Hiroshima survivor. He was a child living in the city when the bomb was dropped. Interestingly, he sees the nuclear bombings as more justified than I do.

Jo . Give us all a break. At least me because sluggo Does not no which way he is going to side on unless it benifits him.However all I am saying is! what is wrong with just wishing everyone a happy easter! Stop the elaborate comments and just contribute solid info to the forum. Not the made up Stuff. I was going to post some answers to QUESTIONS ASKED TONITE. I decided not too because you just might use the answers to make up more stories. I don't want any more of your Threatning Post Or darogatory comments. Mater of fact I will send you all the maps and letters you have sent me back in 2000&2001 the originals after they have been copied.Still please take the deal Sluggo offered you. Leave the FBI alone Leave all Solid and factual personell alone involving this case.And last but not least Stop Telling stories and building faulse truths against solid hard working people Like larry, Geof and others that do not agree with you. Jerry