47 47
quade

DB Cooper

Did the FBi show any interest in the watches?

Georger - I honestly don't remember if they showed any interest. I know they were aware of the watches - and they knew I with held the watches. I described the 2 watches (that Duane owned prior to our marriage) in detail to Himmelsbach.

One I earlier described as rectangular - but, I was mistaken it is Square. An old Longines with a gold and natural checkered pattern on the face and 4 small diamonds. The band is more like a finely woven bracelet repeating the checkered pattern and intergrated into the watch. The band is Gold plated. The back of the watch plate is 18K which was common yrs ago. No value and it is unrepairable. He never wore this watch during our time together.

The other one I described before, but this watch is in the saftey deposit box. Right now I can't even remember the name of it except to say it was a gyromatic - keeps great time and the band is not the original band. Since the FBI said that no jewelry other than the tie tack was worn by Cooper I did not see the significance after Himmelsbach and I discussed this.

The third watch I gave him is nothing special, but it was the one he wore all the time and the only one that would have had DNA on it I would know to be specific to Weber.

Duane was evaluated in Birmingham for a kidney transplant in 1988 or 1989 - I think they took DNA, but I was told that after he turned down the chance for the transplant it would have been destroyed. He was eligible because he had not yet turned 65. He told me that he had lived a full life and felt it would be wrong to take a kidney that might save a younger persons life.

Duane turing down a chance for a kidney goes right along with the statement he made about feeling responsible for the death of someone else. This is why I think his statement about doing something that caused someone else to get killed - was remorse about McCoy since McCoy was a copycat. He told me about McCoy when we moved to VA and even showed me where he got killed, but the statement about feeling responsible for the death of another was a three or four yrs later. I did not relate the two conversations until I found out who Dan Cooper was and understood the sequence of events relating to Cooper and McCoy.

Co-incidence - maybe. Me connecting unrelated things - maybe. Me lieing - absolutely not. I just want you folks to see that there are many more things other than the confession and what I held in my hands.
It is not just the things he said on the trip and in the hospital - but 17 yrs of little strange things like the McCoy thing.

This is an interesting post. In '88 they would have been doing cell typing & matching but not necesarily dna although Birmingham is(was) a very good hospital in '88. (Birmingham was a highly ranked research hosp. many people sought residencies in that era.) But it is in Duane's long medical history that
I would be looking for dna products if I couldnt find
samples at his residence - that is one reason his watches and rings wouldnt be of much interest to me. Also by the time you were dealing with the FBI
Duane had been gone some years so fresh residential samples might be problematic unless
specific items were kept in good condtion. (its
funny what people will keep and not keep).

We've been over this McCoy thing before so I wont
comment - I do think you have been connecting
unrelated events & things, as you put it.

I do value my rural heritage. But its a lot of hard
work most people dont like and it requires a long
education. Im kind of a throwback in today's world -

Ask yourself this:
If the FBI proved, without a doubt, that Leslie Q. Slackjaw was D.B. Cooper on June 15th, 2009, what would you do on June 16th? If you don’t like the answer… then change your ways!

:SSluggo - I absolutely do not have a problem with that. Yes, I think Duane was Cooper, but I have never dismissed the fact that maybe he was the one on the ground...as per the statement he made in WA. I have always maintained that if Duane was NOT Cooper he sure as Hell knew who was. You nor anyone can take away the things I held in my hands - the stub, the airline ticket and the bank bag.

I KNOW I did not conjure up those items.
I KNOW that Duane did not Manufacture those items.
I KNOW I did not imagine those items.

I KNOW that I have not lied nor made up the details of Duane's life.

Someone finding Cooper and his money or proving Cooper was Johnny Come-Lately, with absolutely no connection to Weber what-so-ever.... is not likely. Many on this forum think I am dislusional - and the FBI with their contaminated DNA have already publically denouced me as a joke, I have already been called a liar regarding things I have absolutely no reason to lie about and to which there were witnesses.

I have already been made to appear to be someone looking for 15 minutes of fame and been publicily humiliated by the FBI and others - and now live a very solitary life due to all of the above. There is little that will change any of that....except finding the truth. Should anyone prove beyond a shadow of doubt that Cooper was Johnny Come-Lately then I can get some rest.
Copyright 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 2013, 2014, 2015 by Jo Weber

He felt this "thing" was vital... I do not and the FBI investigated this "thing".

Interesting, considering what you have presented to the forum so far in terms of the FBI. So now there are things (that we are not allowed to know) that the FBI did in fact investigate to your satisfaction? What else, I have to wonder, did the FBI spend time on investigating that you have not mentioned in all your rants about their lack of interest?

I respect Sluggo and liked bouncing things off of him, but he like myself and others is only human. I did not give that interview for it to be analyzed on a thread. I had hoped, he and I could take what he learned and with his brilliant mind be able to shuffle some of the "crap" out to make some sense out of all the "Stuff" privately.

Interesting comment, considering that you also said

Sluggo only got to see about 1/10th of the information and materials. His judgement would be premature without the complete picture.

You expect him to shuffle out the crap without knowing 90% of what you apparently have?

And to return to what 377 said: here you had one person (Sluggo), in good faith, who was seriously trying to help you.... and you basically shafted him. You gave him access to a tiny portion of what you claim to have, you ignored his advice and then you said many ugly things about him on this forum (which you now seem to be trying to take back with your flattery more recently). I cannot see why on earth he or anyone else would now take you up on:

THAT invitation is still open to him in combination with other individuals

Skydiving: wasting fossil fuels just for fun.

And to return to what 377 said: here you had one person (Sluggo), in good faith, who was seriously trying to help you.... and you basically shafted him. You gave him access to a tiny portion of what you claim to have, you ignored his advice and then you said many ugly things about him on this forum (which you now seem to be trying to take back with your flattery more recently). I cannot see why on earth he or anyone else would now take you up on:

THAT invitation is still open to him in combination with other individuals

I think there are other things going on which Jo
hasnt stated (and wont) and nobody has addressed (and wont). In a sense Jo is trapped with no good
way out.

You expect him to shuffle out the crap without knowing 90% of what you apparently have?

Excuse me, but are you sure you read that right.
Sluggo was here for 2 days - during that time he was only able to see a very small fraction of what I had - which is exactly what I was saying. Because he did NOT see the other 90% I do not feel he should make judgements on the 10% he did see . Note I said see - not read. As for reading all of the material - that might have been .0001% he actually read or copied.

You gave him access to a tiny portion of what you claim to have, you ignored his advice and then you said many ugly things about him on this forum

I gave him access to much much more - he only had 2 days. I got upset with him on the phone and in the forum regarding a private issue. He has since been very guarded in revealing a confidentiality.

Would you allow someone to make judgements about you and your husband if they had only read your birth certificates?

I think there are other things going on which Jo hasn't stated (and won't) and nobody has addressed (and won't). In a sense Jo is trapped with no good way out.

Georger - I am not trapped just tired of the struggle. I could walk away from this and let someone else deal with it. If I do that the truth will forever be buried.

Cooper will be portrayed as this devious adventurous excon who gets involved in CIA efforts - to some that would make him a hero.

Cooper was not a hero - he was a simple person who was smart like a fox, but only after he stared death in the face in 1971,
His only claim to fame was that he survived that jump in 1971 and no one ever knew who he was.

Which of these 2 do you think people will spend their hard earned money to see or read. I want the truth, not what will sell theater tickets or books.

Yes, probably all of us will buy Cook's or Grey's book - because we know the subject...those books will be hashed over as all the books preceding them have. Sadly the young people won't... but they will go to an action packed suspense movie where the criminal is a hero.

Is that how any of you want Cooper to be remembered and is this what you want our young people to remember about this crime? On any given day in the future a movie will survive a book.
Our young people do not read as we did and some of us still do.

Money in the bank or the truth - which is more important? I could have signed a contract yrs ago and ran with the money, but chose to stay for the truth. I had no idea my battle for the truth would be the journey it has been and the price I would pay..

Is that how any of you want Cooper to be remembered and is this what you want our young people to remember about this crime? On any given day in the future a movie will survive a book.

Money in the bank or the truth - which is more important? I could have signed a contract yrs ago and ran with the money, but chose to stay for the truth. I had no idea my battle for the truth would be the journey it has been and the price I would pay..

:|Before all is said and done I wanted to add something to the prior post. This forum can with its collective knowledge prove or disprove that Weber was Cooper - with simple things like the SLC pic and the identification of Ed Hurand (however it was spelled).

Logically I think the forum as a whole has put Coopers knowledge of jumping as basic in nature.

Cooper has never been identified therefore it is logical his knowledge of the area and jumping, was so far back no one remembered him and I will place a bet this knowledge was acquire under an alias. Not because he planned anything, but because the stigma resulting from any time served or military misconduct could have hindered employment. He may have also been on the run from another crime.

It is very obvious Cooper was knowledgable of the WA area. If Cooper was in WA working within 20 yrs in that area he would have been around 26 yrs of age. Say 1951 - He might still have been remembered by someone.

If we back of that time span to working in the area to 25 yrs...we have a 21 yrs old. Who remembers a polite normal young man who worked in the Orchards, on the pipelines, as a gofer for pilots or jumpers, who worked in the forestry program or for that matter help build airports.

Earlier in this thread I asked a question which got lost in the shuffle.
What is A.W.A.R.E. or I missed the answer. What is Air Base Constructors?

Both of these things appear together and as a part of Webers background - the FBI nor anyone else is remotely interested in this. I am because I think this puts Cooper in WA or the area for an extended period of time --- and in an enviroment where he may have acquired the knowledge of jumping.

This goes hand in hand with early firefighters and firejumpers of the late 30's and the 40's.
These people were all part of the "aircraft" world of the time. (I used this term for lack of a better word within the limits of my knowledge). Who would even remember this kid or young man always eager to help with this or that? He was always extremely polite and likeable, but used poor judgement which usually landed him in trouble.

The duration of this young man's employment in the tri-state area may not have lasted more than a few month or a couple of yrs.

This is not just aimed at Weber, but at any young man in those same circumstances. This statement made during our trip to WA and while in the LaCamas area continues to bug me. "The people who used to live here had a son about my age". It sounded sad...I just remember he made that statement in the Washougal and LaCamas area about a farm. It makes me wonder in retrospect at this moment if the person buried at that cementary in Washougal was that young man.

Just some food for thought for anyone living in the area - who might want to really do some serious research. Someone that might really care if this crime is ever solved.,,I do because if Weber was not Cooper he knew who was.

If Weber was not Cooper what needs to be done is to track Duane's life during those days. I swear by all that I love and hold dear that I held certain items in my hands that could only have been acquired by Cooper. If you wish to doubt my honestly and my memory regarding this - the highjacking of a 727 on November 24 th 1971 MAY remain forever unsolved.

:|Sorry if what I think or believe offends anyone, now I have to leave this to a higher being and others. I have done all I can do - I have come full circle right back to the original things I told the FBI in the beginning of my search. I can do no more. I have explored everything made available to me and it goes right back where I started...WA. ID. OR. and CA. - 1940's.[:/]

:)

Before all is said and done I wanted to add something to the prior post This forum can with its collective knowledge prove or disprove that Weber was Cooper - with simple things like the SLC pic and the identification of Ed Hurand (however it was spelled).

Logically I think the forum as a whole has put Coopers knowledge of jumping as basic in nature.

We know that because Cooper was never been identified it is again logical his knowledge was so far back that no one remembered him and I will place a bet this knowledge was acquire under an alias. Not because he planned anything, but because the stigma resulting from any time served or military misconduct could have hindered employment. He may have also been on the run from another crime.

It is very obvious Cooper was knowledgable of the WA area. If Cooper was in WA working within 20 yrs in that area he would have been around 26 yrs of age. Say 1951 - He might still have been remembered by someone.

If we back of that time span to working in the area to 25 yrs...we have a 21 yrs old. Who remembers a polite normal young man who worked in the Orchards, on the pipelines, as a gofer for pilots or jumpers, who worked in the forestry program or for that matter help build airports.

Earlier in this thread I asked a question which got lost in the shuffle.
What is A.W.A.R.E. or I missed the answer. What is Air Base Constructors?
Both of these things appear together and as a part of Webers background - the FBI nor anyone else is remotely interested in this. I am because I think this puts Cooper in WA or the area for an extended period of time --- and in an enviroment where he may have acquired the knowledge of jumping.

This goes hand in hand with early firefighters and firejumpers of the late 30's and the 40's.
These people were all part of the "aircraft" world of the time. (I used this term for lack of a better word within the limits of my knowledge). Who would even remember this kid or young man always eager to help with this or that. He waa always extremely polite and likeable, but used poor judgement which usually landed him in trouble.

The duration of this young man's employment in the tri-sate area may not have lasted more than a few month or a couple of yrs.

This profile is not just aimed at Weber, but at any young man in that same circumstance. This statement made during our trip to WA and while in the LaCamas area continues to bug me. "The people who used to live here had a son about my age". It sounded sad...I just remember he made that statement in the Washougal and LaCamas area about a farm. It makes me wonder in retrospect at this moment if the person buried at that cementary in Washougal was that young man.

Just some food for thought for anyone living in the area - who might want to really do some serious research. Someone that might really care if this crime is ever solved.,,I do because if Weber was not Cooper he knew who was.

If Weber was not Cooper what needs to be done is to track Duane's life during those days. I swear by all that I love and hold dear that I held certain items in my hands that could only have been acquired by Cooper. If you wish to doubt my honestly and my memory regarding this the highjacking of a 727 on November 24 th 1971 will remain forever unsolved.

P[LEASE JUST STOP!

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD HAVE ME4RCY ON US!

Jo,

Since you are (were) a Realtor and you have a good and sharp memory, please look at these photos and tell me where you have seen this house before.

I apologize for the low quality, but all but one photo are from Google Earth.

Its Specs are:

Listing Number: Redacted
Type: Residential
School: NA
Acres: 0 M/L
Square Feet: 1811 Approx.
Bedrooms: 3
Bathrooms: 2
Half Baths:
Garage/Carport Capacity:
Year Built: 1966
Taxes: $2,990.00
ZIP Code: Redacted
Single Family Deck/Patio

Affordable brick home in REDACTED school district! Hardwood floors, formal living room and dining room, huge eat-in kitchen, 17 x 19 family room, garage, large backyard with lots of flowering shrubs/trees, big deck, newer roof/gas furnace and much more!

Fireplace/Stove: Wood Primary Heat: Gas
Cooling: Central Air Water System: City/Rural
Sewer System: City House Style: Other
Exterior: Deck Stories: 1
Foundation Type: Crawl Space
Subdivision: REDACTED

Thanks,
Sluggo_Monster

Web Page
Blog
NORJAK Forum

A “Friend of the Site” (My Web-Site) found a (complete) copy of The John Guernsey article about Hal Williams in his University Library.

It will be a while before I’ll have time to post it on my site, so here it is.

I did a pretty good job of guessing about the publication date. It was 11/25/1981.

The photo is typical of a micro-filmed half-tone newspaper print, but don't you think Williams looks like the sketch of Cooper? Or, maybe Duane Weber, or McCoy, or Christiansen, or Ted Mayfield... (Oh! not Mayfield)? ;)

Thanks… AC!

And…..

By the way Orange1, the first mention of the paper bag (that I can find) is an article by Associated Press writer Joe Frazier (not the boxer, I assume;)) on November 13th, 1976. It mentions the paper bag but has no mention of the briefcase! Go figure?????

The article is HERE

Web Page
Blog
NORJAK Forum

Thanks Sluggo.

As for the photo, well, it seems anyone can claim just about anyone looks like Cooper thse days ;)

Edited to add - re newspaper article (paper sack) also interesting, especially the stuff about the statute of limitations at the beginning and the IRS calculation at the end! Wonder what he would owe th IRS by now in interest..!!

Thanks Sluggo.

As for the photo, well, it seems anyone can claim just about anyone looks like Cooper thse days ;)

Edited to add - re newspaper article (paper sack) also interesting, especially the stuff about the statute of limitations at the beginning and the IRS calculation at the end! Wonder what he would owe th IRS by now in interest..!!

do you suppose Hal Williams was the sole person
on whose testimony artist sketches and the FBI posters were made, as the newspaper article says?

do you suppose these newspaper articles are more reliable than any other newspaper articles?

Mr. Williams says he doesnt know how (Duane)
got tagged with the name "DB Cooper" so relying on
Hal Williams as we evidently are now, does that mean all other accounts of how (Duane) got tagged
with "DB Cooper" are wrong? I mean if Williams doesnt know, that's new evidence, which means nobody knows, cuz Williams doesnt know, because
Williams is the sole authority (and probably knows Jo's hotel clerk who says DB Cooper was Duane)!

No Georger, I don't. The bit I found most interesting was in the 2nd article where H alludes to the fact that maybe the statute of limitations wasn't gonna run out because it was a capital crime at the time...

I think sometimes I am too subtle for my own good.

I am very sarcastic by nature and frequently get misunderstood in my posts. For right now I’m not being sarcastic.

Lately, I have been spending most of my time working in the areas I call “Culture Goggles” and “Myths vs. Facts,” taken to the level of minutia. It’s not that I think I will solve the case in this pursuit, but rather, I might separate the signal from the noise. I believe (at this point) that a backward look is all we will ever have. Principals and witnesses are dying and/or becoming more unreliable each day.

I am fascinated by several things (as they relate to NORJAK):

1. How rapidly the myths were born after the hijacking.

2. The role of the media (originally the press, then (in the 80s) TV, and now, the Internet) in the development of the myths.

3. The role of the public’s image of DB Cooper (Robin Hood, fearless hero, scoundrel, scum-bag, etc.) in advancing the investigation. I have met individuals in SW Washington who WOULD NOT have ratted-out DB if they knew where/who he really was.

4. How much of the FBI investigation (when it was active) was driven by myths and the FBI’s attitude about not needing the public’s help. (Compare Campbell to Carr.)

So, georger, I am not and never have been relying on Hal Williams’ testimony for reasons that you and 377 are obviously aware of. (I liked your term “Simmonsesque,” I wish I had thought of that.) That sums up my feeling about the article. What I want to focus on is how the story is distorted (we believe) 1, 2, 5, 10….37 years after the fact. I think of it like particle physics… If you put a series of alarm clocks in box with holes in them, blow up the clocks, gather up the pieces-parts that fly out of the holes, ultimately you can construct an alarm clock.

Orange1, I have an opinion about what Himmelsbach and other FBI agents knew about the “statute of limitations” as it applied to NORJAK. I was told [sarcasm](by a reliable source)[/sarcasm] that the John Doe indictment was rushed through in the eleventh hour. Logic tells me that there would have been a distinct advantage (for the FBI) in making the public (and DB) think there was going to be a time when DB (and any accomplices) could not be prosecuted, all the while knowing that he (they) could.

I'm surprised that you didn’t pick-up on the paragraph about the “next-night” reenactment of the flight/jump which was (according to the article) a major aspect of the “Lake Merwin Trapezoid.”

Web Page
Blog
NORJAK Forum

If Weber was not Cooper what needs to be done is to track Duane's life during those days. I swear by all that I love and hold dear that I held certain items in my hands that could only have been acquired by Cooper.

(emphasis added)

Jo,

OK. Prove it. Big claim by you, modest request by me.

I once owned a canvas bank bag. I once held a ticket receipt for a summer 1971 flight to Seattle.

What have you held in your hands that could have only been from Cooper?

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

. I have met individuals in SW Washington who WOULD NOT have ratted-out DB if they knew where/who he really was.

Now, that bit interests me. Perhaps he wasn't quite the loner everyone has assumed, just knew the "right" people.

I think sometimes I am too subtle for my own good.

I am very sarcastic by nature and frequently get misunderstood in my posts. For right now I’m not being sarcastic.

Lately, I have been spending most of my time working in the areas I call “Culture Goggles” and “Myths vs. Facts,” taken to the level of minutia. It’s not that I think I will solve the case in this pursuit, but rather, I might separate the signal from the noise. I believe (at this point) that a backward look is all we will ever have. Principals and witnesses are dying and/or becoming more unreliable each day.

I am fascinated by several things (as they relate to NORJAK):

1. How rapidly the myths were born after the hijacking.

2. The role of the media (originally the press, then (in the 80s) TV, and now, the Internet) in the development of the myths.

3. The role of the public’s image of DB Cooper (Robin Hood, fearless hero, scoundrel, scum-bag, etc.) in advancing the investigation. I have met individuals in SW Washington who WOULD NOT have ratted-out DB if they knew where/who he really was.

4. How much of the FBI investigation (when it was active) was driven by myths and the FBI’s attitude about not needing the public’s help. (Compare Campbell to Carr.)

So, georger, I am not and never have been relying on Hal Williams’ testimony for reasons that you and 377 are obviously aware of. (I liked your term “Simmonsesque,” I wish I had thought of that.) That sums up my feeling about the article. What I want to focus on is how the story is distorted (we believe) 1, 2, 5, 10….37 years after the fact. I think of it like particle physics… If you put a series of alarm clocks in box with holes in them, blow up the clocks, gather up the pieces-parts that fly out of the holes, ultimately you can construct an alarm clock.

Orange1, I have an opinion about what Himmelsbach and other FBI agents knew about the “statute of limitations” as it applied to NORJAK. I was told [sarcasm](by a reliable source)[/sarcasm] that the John Doe indictment was rushed through in the eleventh hour. Logic tells me that there would have been a distinct advantage (for the FBI) in making the public (and DB) think there was going to be a time when DB (and any accomplices) could not be prosecuted, all the while knowing that he (they) could.

I'm surprised that you didn’t pick-up on the paragraph about the “next-night” reenactment of the flight/jump which was (according to the article) a major aspect of the “Lake Merwin Trapezoid.”

Well then I completely misunderstood where you were going - everything you say makes perfect
sense.

I also picked up on the 'next night' testing. Ckret
mentioned this. The article says the same crew
was involved and flying the plane (I thought Solderlind was flying the plane during this test
and only Harold Anderson from the crew was there
according to Ckret ? Is this the same test that
duplicated the bump?) Was there more than one test flight?

But did you notice:

"The test flight helped flight engineers and meteorologists to compute the probable drop zone
to be a trapezoidal area covering about 25 square miles".

^ now we know where the NWA map came from! ^

I hope to fuck the FBI knows more than we do!!!!!
If they dont they belong in a cage with Jo Weber!!!!!
Jo Weber is the consumate Govt Employee!!!!!

Georger,

To my knowledge there was only one test flight. It occurred in January 1972 before the ground search in. This information comes from the report of the test done on 1/6/72 with Paul Soderland, NWA, US Air Force and FBI. (Document SE164-81 CEF:k1b).

A next-night test flight makes no sense at all. I am led to believe (although I have no proof to offer) that the next night N467US was still on the ground in Reno with the FBI making their second sweep for evidence.

There have been many references to the FBI using a computer to predict the flight path and jump point. Maybe Frazier meant “simulation” but said “re-enactment.” Remember, it was 1976 when the article was written and term “computer simulation” was not as common as today.

Or maybe Frazier just got mixed-up as to when the “drop-test” and/or verification test took place (5 years after the fact.)

I fear they don’t. The more I dig, the more I think the early investigation was botched. The level of quality control that would be used today just didn’t exist in law enforcement then. That isn’t a criticism of the dedication and professionalism of the agents and support staff, it’s just a cultural difference from what we expect today.

Orange1,
If you look at any of the videos on the internet about the Annual D.B. Cooper Day celebration (and a bunch of “In Search Of…” type TV shows, there are plenty of SW Washingtonians that express such statements. Also, they frequently express that they hope he got away with it.

Personally, I don’t believe that Cooper (necessarily) had a connection to the Pac NW. I think that in 1971, it was the logical place to pull off a hijacking of an airliner. Since the SE US was covered with Sky-Marshalls, because that’s where MOST the hijackings were happening. (i.e. Take this plane to Cuba).

For an interesting article on women Sky Marshalls from April of 1971 go HERE

Web Page
Blog
NORJAK Forum

Georger,

To my knowledge there was only one test flight. It occurred in January 1972 before the ground search in. This information comes from the report of the test done on 1/6/72 with Paul Soderland, NWA, US Air Force and FBI. (Document SE164-81 CEF:k1b).

A next-night test flight makes no sense at all. I am led to believe (although I have no proof to offer) that the next night N467US was still on the ground in Reno with the FBI making their second sweep for evidence.

There have been many references to the FBI using a computer to predict the flight path and jump point. Maybe Frazier meant “simulation” but said “re-enactment.” Remember, it was 1976 when the article was written and term “computer simulation” was not as common as today.

Or maybe Frazier just got mixed-up as to when the “drop-test” and/or verification test took place (5 years after the fact.)

I fear they don’t. The more I dig, the more I think the early investigation was botched. The level of quality control that would be used today just didn’t exist in law enforcement then. That isn’t a criticism of the dedication and professionalism of the agents and support staff, it’s just a cultural difference from what we expect today.

Orange1,
If you look at any of the videos on the internet about the Annual D.B. Cooper Day celebration (and a bunch of “In Search Of…” type TV shows, there are plenty of SW Washingtonians that express such statements. Also, they frequently express that they hope he got away with it.

Personally, I don’t believe that Cooper (necessarily) had a connection to the Pac NW. I think that in 1971, it was the logical place to pull off a hijacking of an airliner. Since the SE US was covered with Sky-Marshalls, because that’s where MOST the hijackings were happening. (i.e. Take this plane to Cuba).

For an interesting article on women Sky Marshalls from April of 1971 go HERE

Thanks for the clarifications - well put. I agree
with it all; it fits with everything I have. There
may have been next day news coverage in Reno which would show the plane still there in fact I may have something on that and will search to see -

When you say: "I think that in 1971, it (WA) was the logical place to pull off a hijacking...." I come back
to Snowmman's discovery that the flight was a recent
addition (perhaps not even advertised). How did Cooper link up with that flight?

[edit] In fact, I think Cooper may have targeted that
flight among other options, or, the vulnerability of the flight on the date in question may have brought the flight to Cooper's attention because he had already been looking/thinking about opportunitives
and alternatives (targets for prey). But, in order to take advtantage of the opportunity whether it was planned or spontaneous, Cooper has to be somewhere near the waterhole, so to speak. That
could be anywhere from DC to Montana to Oregon/WA or even in Canada? But he has to know
the flight exists and the recent addition of the flight
means Cooper did all of this within a given time frame. (He cant be planning on this flight before
the flight even exists). And his location has to be
commensurate with finding out about the flight after
it was added. This could have been clear back in August when the flight is added or the day before
11-24-71.

And his paper bag could have been nothing more than a lunch bag! Or intended to look like that.
A frugal business guy out conducting business
frugally!

H said early he thought Cooper might be food service worker! (Funny if he was).

In case you guys thought I was crazy for posting a bunch of photos of a non-descript house here’s what it was about.

This is the house (according to Rhodes, Bernie and Russell P. Calame (1991). D.B. Cooper: The Real McCoy. Salt Lake City: University of Utah Press. ISBN 0874803772. OCLC 24173928) where Richard Floyd McCoy was killed by an FBI agent on November, 9, 1974. It is at 733 North Great Neck Road - Virginia Beach, VA.

Jo mentioned in Post #1865 on May 29, 2008, 1:25 AM (among other places): “... he pointed out the place that McCoy was killed...”

I just wondered if Jo would recognize the house where McCoy was killed.

Did anybody else recognize it?

Web Page
Blog
NORJAK Forum

In case you guys thought I was crazy for posting a bunch of photos of a non-descript house here’s what it was about.

This is the house (according to Rhodes, Bernie and Russell P. Calame (1991). D.B. Cooper: The Real McCoy. Salt Lake City: University of Utah Press. ISBN 0874803772. OCLC 24173928) where Richard Floyd McCoy was killed by an FBI agent on November, 9, 1974. It is at 733 North Great Neck Road - Virginia Beach, VA.

Jo mentioned in Post #1865 on May 29, 2008, 1:25 AM (among other places): “... he pointed out the place that McCoy was killed...”

and the reason Duane took Jo there, according to
Jo, is because Duane felt guilty-responsible for
McCoy having copied him, only to be killed. That
is Jo Weber's explanation.

By any other accounting including Ckret's, McCoy
was an accomplished parachutist etc, and was only
caught (Ckret said) because "McCoy had a big mouth." Nobody including Ckret questions McCoy's
skills.

But Jo is telling us the opposite! Jo says it was
Duane who had the superior skills and set the
example (being Cooper) which McCoy followed
ultimately paying with his life. And Duane felt
guilty and responsible. Thus, Duane drove Jo to
McCoy's house .... for a moment of regret
and worship and prayer, in McCoy's behalf@!

Ckret says McCoy was an expert and Cooper was
a novice.

Jo says Duane was the expert, and McCoy the failed
novice Duane felt guilty and responsioble for.

Those are two diametrically opposing stories about
McCoy; Jo's story vrs. everyone elses story.

Jo wrote:

I swear by all that I love and hold dear that I held certain items in my hands that could only have been acquired by Cooper.

(emphasis added)

Is Jo just referring to the bank bag and ticket stubs or something else she has yet to disclose? I don't think Duane had anything to do with NORJACK so I am not expecting Jo to come up with a new batch or recorded NORJACK twenties.

Jo makes such a HUGE claim here that I thought I'd try to make her back it up. When she fails perhaps she will be less extravagant in her future claims. It may be a hopeless task but I am trying.

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

Jo says Duane was the expert, and McCoy the failed
novice Duane felt guilty and responsioble for.

The whole Duane felt repsonsible for McCoy's death story never sounded logical to me. I could see it if McCoy perished in the DBC copycat jump, but he didnt. The jump went PERFECTLY. He died in a shootout after a prison escape. If he had surrendered, he would still be alive. How the hell is Duane responsible for that? Duane would have to have a very overactive conscience, and we have recidivist criminal evidence that says exactly the opposite.