47 47
quade

DB Cooper

Jo says Duane was the expert, and McCoy the failed
novice Duane felt guilty and responsioble for.

The whole Duane felt repsonsible for McCoy's death story never sounded logical to me. I could see it if McCoy perished in the DBC copycat jump, but he didnt. The jump went PERFECTLY. He died in a shootout after a prison escape. If he had surrendered, he would still be alive. How the hell is Duane responsible for that? Duane would have to have a very overactive conscience, and we have recidivist criminal evidence that says exactly the opposite.

But Jo wants to make sure we know
that the Duane was the better man (escaped) and
was the example McCoy followed -

Now Ckret has a different version below:

"
Ckret JumpsLicenseIn sport : : :
Jun 3, 2008, 12:24 PM Post #1995 of 10320 (1349 views) Registered: Sep 7, 2007Posts: 522 Re: [Orange1] Theory: Cooper didn't jump in the deep woods [In reply to] Can't Post

I'll vouch for the Collins name for Jo, Weber used the following names: Duane Weber Duane L Weber Duane Lorin Weber Duane Larin Weber Duane Loren Weber John Collins John Chalk Collins John Claudin Collins John Claudian Collins He also used different dates of birth and Socials. Weber was arrested 26 times under the various names provided (arrests that were submitted to the FBI, there could have been more but for minor offenses) starting on 12/22/1942 and ending on 06/27/1976. All 26 arrest would have been processed by the sheriff's department were the arrest occurred or the United States Marshal Service (he committed a few federal crimes). One set of prints would have been maintained by the local arresting authority the other copy sent to the FBI. When the FBI receives the prints they create a "Master Set" of prints related to each person that prints are submitted for. If there are multiple sets for one person, the techs will use the best prints from each set to make one best Master Set. The odds that Weber was able to have someone on the inside of the FBI to alter this process is not a reality. Someone suggested comparing all prints taken from Weber (AKA) et al to those recovered from flight 305. All of the prints are at the FBI, or at least the 26 I referenced. (This post was edited by Ckret on Jun 3, 2008, 12:26 PM)"

Take note of Duane's arrest 06/27/1976, the period
Jo has always said Duane was "in hiding" after hyjacking 305 in 1971 !

Has Jo ever been arrested?

hm, also a pretty comprehensive list which makes me think Ckret was being perfectly straight-up when he said he was investigating Duane.

and I have LOTS more! But I didnt come here to
discuss Duane Weber, Jo's light bulb! Several things
are however, worth noting -

Duane had long emotional baggage - personality issues or as Jo has described it (to minimise it)
'authority issues'. Duane had a long criminal history.
It is unlikely he stopped in 76 so much as just changed
strategies. That is the typical path low level career criminals take until they are too old or too burned
and affraid to do anything significant. Their crimes
become white collar crimes based on deception and
opportunity. A high percentage of these types wind
up in Realty and Insurance fraud, for example which
is as much "civil" as straightout "criminal".

But I believe Jo's comparison of Weber to McCoy
is based on several lies. (a) physical and skills
similarity which is a lie. (b) similarity in temperament
which is a lie. (c) similarity of criminal type when in
reality Weber and McCoy were vastly different kinds
of personalities with Weber passive aggressive and
McCoy an active criminal type who would not hesitate
to turn physically violate if trapped (which is what happened and got him killed). The two men are
simply different criminal types with Weber the weaker
and more passive vrs. McCoy. Weber could not begin
to perform the physical feats McCoy did on a routine basis and if Jo wants to push this, then Jo is a liar
misrepresenting who and what Duane Weber was.

That Jo Weber would try and "con" us into believing
McCoy and Duane were alike, is about like Jo maintaining Duane was an angel from the planet
Griswald! She might as well maintain that Duane
Weber was also Barb Dayton!

Jo's stories are nothing but a shell game meant
for morons.

An addiction to con games may be what bonded Jo
and Duane together, for better or for worse. That is
how it appears, or perhaps when Duane cried "Jo
let it go", maybe that is the tipoff that it was Jo who invented it all in the first place!

Duane Weber was no more Dan Cooper than
he was Abraham Lincoln.

By the way Orange1, the first mention of the paper bag (that I can find) is an article by Associated Press writer Joe Frazier (not the boxer, I assume;)) on November 13th, 1976. It mentions the paper bag but has no mention of the briefcase! Go figure?????

I am even more intrigued by "THE NEXT NIGHT"
(attached segment from article).

Where did Frazier get this? Himmelsbach? This
had to come from a fairly high level and I cannot believe Frazier would write this without having some
foundation for it, from someone. (It seems to me
now this is not the first time I have heard this)...
but I cant find anything to shed light on it - so far.

The "next night" is scenario very intriguing but sure hard to believe. I wonder if it was simply due to a misunderstanding by the author?

On the other hand a fast reenactment to calculate a probable landing area would make sense if the FBI thought Cooper may have been alive, injured and immobile. A prompt live arrest gives the FBI FAAAAR better publicity than a stale recovery of a corpse.

I don't think Jo is lieing in her comparisons of Duane to McCoy. It is just bias coloring her vision of facts. Jo has told us plenty of things that accentuate Duane's passive sneaky character. She has also been candid about his various health issues but again, bias colors her view and she does not see it as impeding Duane's ability to pull off NORJACK. If she were trying to make Duane into a McCoy type person we'd never have received info from her about poor health, endless arrests, petty crimes etc.

I doubt if McCoy stole other people's coats. He was a master criminal. He was a skydiver, military pilot and had ALL the skills needed to pull of a NORJACK copycat crime. Instead of engaging in endless criminal behavior and getting arrested at least 26 times, McCoy lived an upstanding life. He planned and executed just one big heist. Had he kept his mouth shut he might have never been caught. Duane was a petty criminal who got caught literally dozens of times. Duane was no Cooper and he sure as hell was no McCoy.

One thing I just don't buy is Duane as the noble felon, shedding tears over McCoys fate and blaming himself. It again is biased thinking. Jo loved Duane and she wants to see redeeming qualities and evidence of a conscience. I can understand that and even sympathize.

Georger is right about criminals "mellowing" as they age. I saw that all the time when I represented indigent defendants. You'd see a guy in his late 40s with lots of convictions for violent robberies and other high risk crimes in his teens and twenties and then it shifts into burglaries of unoccupied houses, thefts, no guns, no physical harm to victims. They used to have dreams of becoming drug kingpins or gang leaders, but now they just want to eek out enough to buy their daily heroin fix and that was all they aspired to. Had they been more presentable and literate they'd have been doing real estate fraud and finanical cons.

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

Chile police find suitcase made of cocaine
Tues., June 2, 2009

SANTIAGO, Chile - Police say two suitcase carried by a woman who was about to fly to from Chile to Spain were virtually made of cocaine.

Detective Leandro Morales at the Santiago airport says the drug "was not hidden in the luggage. This time the suitcases were the drug."

Morales tells The Associated Press that the suitcases were made of a substance combining cocaine with resin and glass fiber.

He said Tuesday a "chemical process" could be used to separate out the drug.

The officer says the suitcases were heavier than their contents.

The 26-year-old Argentine woman was arrested.

Now... that's clever... I don't care who you are!

And some words of wisdom apropos to this forum:

"Being misunderstood by someone is vexation. Being misunderstood by everyone is tragedy."
Liu Shahe

Web Page
Blog
NORJAK Forum

Duane Weber was no more Dan Cooper than
he was Abraham Lincoln.

No, but he may have had John Wilkes Booth's pistol. The dude was connected.;)

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

Tues., June 2, 2009

SANTIAGO, Chile - Police say two suitcase carried by a woman who was about to fly to from Chile to Spain were virtually made of cocaine.

Detective Leandro Morales at the Santiago airport says the drug "was not hidden in the luggage. This time the suitcases were the drug."

Morales tells The Associated Press that the suitcases were made of a substance combining cocaine with resin and glass fiber.

How did the cops figure this out? Was the weight discrepancy something they figured out in a routine inspection? Did the smugglers misspell SAMSONITE? Or were the mules licking their luggage?

This gives new meaning to composite construction. What's next? The airplane is the drug?

Tues., June 2, 2009

just astounding. I wonder if the final product would
pass FDA standards much less street standards?
(as I sit here munching and puffing on my cigar!)

Tues., June 2, 2009

How did the cops figure this out? Was the weight discrepancy something they figured out in a routine inspection? Did the smugglers misspell SAMSONITE? Or were the mules licking their luggage?

This gives new meaning to composite construction. What's next? The airplane is the drug?

Dont give them :S any ideas!

The "next night" is scenario very intriguing but sure hard to believe. I wonder if it was simply due to a misunderstanding by the author?

On the other hand a fast reenactment to calculate a probable landing area would make sense if the FBI thought Cooper may have been alive, injured and immobile. A prompt live arrest gives the FBI FAAAAR better publicity than a stale recovery of a corpse.

I don't think Jo is lieing in her comparisons of Duane to McCoy. It is just bias coloring her vision of facts. Jo has told us plenty of things that accentuate Duane's passive sneaky character. She has also been candid about his various health issues but again, bias colors her view and she does not see it as impeding Duane's ability to pull off NORJACK. If she were trying to make Duane into a McCoy type person we'd never have received info from her about poor health, endless arrests, petty crimes etc.

I doubt if McCoy stole other people's coats. He was a master criminal. He was a skydiver, military pilot and had ALL the skills needed to pull of a NORJACK copycat crime. Instead of engaging in endless criminal behavior and getting arrested at least 26 times, McCoy lived an upstanding life. He planned and executed just one big heist. Had he kept his mouth shut he might have never been caught. Duane was a petty criminal who got caught literally dozens of times. Duane was no Cooper and he sure as hell was no McCoy.

One thing I just don't buy is Duane as the noble felon, shedding tears over McCoys fate and blaming himself. It again is biased thinking. Jo loved Duane and she wants to see redeeming qualities and evidence of a conscience. I can understand that and even sympathize.

Georger is right about criminals "mellowing" as they age. I saw that all the time when I represented indigent defendants. You'd see a guy in his late 40s with lots of convictions for violent robberies and other high risk crimes in his teens and twenties and then it shifts into burglaries of unoccupied houses, thefts, no guns, no physical harm to victims. They used to have dreams of becoming drug kingpins or gang leaders, but now they just want to eek out enough to buy their daily heroin fix and that was all they aspired to. Had they been more presentable and literate they'd have been doing real estate fraud and finanical cons.

I am sure I have heard the Night After
story before but I just cant document where or from who. Jerry just might have something to tie this to? (Jerry... you here?). I really think this would be
something worth getting to the bottom of...

I would not be here if you guys had not turned everything so badly.

I did not not recognize that house - I bearly noticed the house Duane showed me were McCoy died.

I NEVER said anything about Duane being Superior to McCoy. I said that Duane must have felt remorse because he felt responsible for causing someone elses death - that does not mean directily. Obviously it did weigh on his mind. Showing me the house was when we first moved to VA. His statements about feeling responsible for someones death - he made about 2 yrs later and he did not reference McCoy - but, it was about the time the book came up that showed the Camino Group - an old book where a picture had been cut out...but to try tell you guys anything is useless. You just turn it around to suit your one self-fulfilling purposes.

As for Ckret and that list of names - he didn't have a list when I first talked to him - and remember that he promised me Duane's criminal record - which he NEVER sent even though I requested them and he said he would provide them.

I will repeat ONE more time and as many times as I have to - Duane's health did NOT fail until 1986. In 1971 he was as capapable as anyone else - he had only been diagnosed with this hereditary staging kidney disease and it in NO WAY hinder his abilities in 1971.

I stepped aside so you guys could do your "investigation", but what do you do? Rehash Cuane Weber and misconstrue and manipulate the things Jo Weber has said. If you want me to be quiet and stay out then do not blatantly bash me or what I have said or turn things around about Weber to suit your own self-fulling needs.

Discuss Cooper - remember as Georger said - it is ad-nauseam to discuss Weber. If you do not consider Weber as a suspect then there is NO need to discuss him or me. Discuss your OTHER suspects, but that is a problem isn't it? You can discuss them till the end of time - but, there is NO one here to defend them or for you to hassel.

As I said I have more important issues going on right now, but the work on Weber is still being tended to. We have 2 more contribution tapes to be made. The FBI might not give a hoot, but I do.
Copyright 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 2013, 2014, 2015 by Jo Weber

But I believe Jo's comparison of Weber to McCoyis based on several lies. (a) physical and skills
similarity which is a lie. (b) similarity in temperament
which is a lie. (c) similarity of criminal type when in
reality Weber and McCoy were vastly different kinds
of personalities with Weber passive aggressive and
McCoy an active criminal type who would not hesitate
to turn physically violate if trapped (which is what happened and got him killed). The two men are
simply different criminal types with Weber the weaker
and more passive vrs. McCoy. Weber could not begin
to perform the physical feats McCoy did on a routine basis and if Jo wants to push this, then Jo is a liar
misrepresenting who and what Duane Weber was.

Lies - WHAT LIES? I never mentioned a similarity in their health or temperament. I have no idea what McCoy's temperament was. McCoy was much younger than Duane and they came from very different backgrounds. You have NO basis on which to compare their physical abilities.

I NEVER said that Weber was passive aggressive in temperament. He could and was violent when the need arised. .

I have seen Duane Weber VIOLENT but will never discuss those episodes in this forum, but I will state that I am not the only one aware of what he could DO and what he was capable of doing. Duane was able to reastrain his feelings and temper and actions - you learn to do that in prison if you wish to survive...but the person he was directing this action at did not know that. The look on his face, the tone of his voice, what he said was all it took to back someone down.

I assure you he was capabable of handing himself in certain situations - both physically and mentally.

Do NOT call me a liar again Georger. If you want me to stay out of the way in the discussion do NOT call me a liar - because that is ONE thing I can assure you of and that my family will tell you - J0 Weber is NOT a liar.

Perhaps the story is unbelievable - because NO one believes the truth...BUT I am not a liar - never have been and never will be.
Copyright 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 2013, 2014, 2015 by Jo Weber

I would not be here if you guys had not turned everything so badly.

I did not not recognize that house - I bearly noticed the house Duane showed me were McCoy died.

I NEVER said anything about Duane being Superior to McCoy. I said that Duane must have felt remorse because he felt responsible for causing someone elses death -

you can stop right there.

How would Duane have "caused" McCoy's DEATH! ? Duane had no connection whatever to the living breathing McCoy and McCoy didnt know Duane
existed. Duane wasnt even in the same class as McCoy except that they both spent time in different prisons for totally different crimes.

Was Duane a "Peter Puffer" fascinated with
prisoners (he didnt even know)? Was duane bi-sexual or homosexual and prone fantasies?

Duane may not have known McCoy even existed until you two sleuths moved to Virginia Beach and began poking around, looking for trouble?

Isnt that the correct version. ?

If Duane was so almighty-important in the criminal world (or any any venue) how come the FBI never
knew about this! McCoy didnt ever look Duane up to get lessons and advice! Duane was a nobody and a nothing with congenital PKD, malformed hip and
orthopedic issues, a personality disorder, and who
knows what else .... that you have been trying to
pass off as DB Cooper.

Doesn't that about cover your whole story?

The fact is Jo, there is a common thread in everything you have ever posted about Duane and your and Duanes life together. By your own words the story is full of what you see as adventure and
your version of adventure includes such low-order
behaviors as sneaking around, poking around, lurking looking for opportunities, stealing coats,
clandestine nonsensical covert activities including
clandestine photography, secret missions with secret people, mysterious photos, a soap opera life filled
with endless emotional strife and mysterious happenings and secret places, and a strong
"gotcha" mentality on your part which reveals deep
seated inferiority issues - all by your own words
and actions!

We know Duane's arrest record and life history from very credible sources which you yourself have
certified is true (but you minimise or maximise it when and where appropriate to your needs).

That is not a credible foundation for any story.
Be it a story about Duane Weber or any story about
anything.

You are like a broken record that goes 'round endlessly, and you probably need psychiatric help.

Have I missed something?

Perhaps the story is unbelievable - because NO one believes the truth...BUT I am not a liar - never have been and never will be.

So you didnt send the PM I have in which you claim
Ckret was been "kicked off" the Cooper case?

Not to mention the fact that 99.9% of the human race admits to lying sometimes, but in psychological
circles it is well known that "pathological liars" usually claim to never lying at all !

So where do you fit?

I NEVER said that Weber was passive aggressive in temperament. He could and was violent when the need arised. .

I have seen Duane Weber VIOLENT but will never discuss those episodes in this forum, but I will state that I am not the only one aware of what he could DO and what he was capable of doing. Duane was able to reastrain his feelings and temper and actions - you learn to do that in prison if you wish to survive...but the person he was directing this action at did not know that. The look on his face, the tone of his voice, what he said was all it took to back someone down.

I assure you he was capabable of handing himself in certain situations - both physically and mentally.

Nonsense. Duane was a pussy, in every sense
of the word! Arrested 26 (current count as of tonight is 27) times, plus minor crimes not on the blotter - a
sick wimp punk sneaking around always under the
eye of authority. A real Superman!

So what are these "certain situations" you speak of above? (Hitting some old lady over the head when her back was turned?)

below -

Ckret JumpsLicenseIn sport : : :
Jun 4, 2008, 4:18 AM Post #2036 of 10320 (1604 views) Registered: Sep 7, 2007Posts: 522 Re: [skyjack71] Theory: Cooper didn't jump in the deep woods [In reply to] Can't Post

Jo, I thought you knew Duane's history, sorry for revealing that to you over the forum. None of the arrests were for violent crimes, I can post what he was arrested for or PM you. In regard to the . . . "

You keep pumping Duane up to be something he
was not. You never provide any evidence. Isnt that
a pretty cowardly thing for you to do ... for 13+ years.
How long do you expect people to wait for the real
McCoy? WHERE'S THE BEEF ON THIS SUPERMAN DUANE?

You know Jo, the best things in LIFE dont cost much.
So what is your excuse with this Duane FIASCO that
is running a debt above all others, in the Cooper
library of accounts?

How can you be right or even justified when 99% of
the world says you are wrong and nuts?

I doubt if McCoy stole other people's coats. He was a master criminal. He was a skydiver, military pilot and had ALL the skills needed to pull of a NORJACK copycat crime. Instead of engaging in endless criminal behavior and getting arrested at least 26 times, McCoy lived an upstanding life. He planned and executed just one big heist. Had he kept his mouth shut he might have never been caught.

And if Cooper came from the same mold, an apparently upright and highly respectable citizen who just pulled off this one thing... it might also be why he has never been found.

I wonder how many people see identikits of people they know and just think "naaah... couldn't possibly be him"....
Am I right that people have been arrested for major crimes before with those closest to them simply not making any connection between the police sketches and the person they know?
Skydiving: wasting fossil fuels just for fun.

Orange1,

Your comments made me think of something that I have been trying to express, but have been unable to verbalize. That “make the connection” issue is why I focus so much on the “mythical aspects” of NORJAK history.

For example:
There is a myth that Cooper wore a Homburg Hat. A lot of people not really close to the case, but with enough familiarity to buy into the myth (I have certainly talked to a lot of people in this category (including LEOs)) would “make the connection” or “not make the connection” based on the myth. So, if Sally sees the I-Dent-A-Kit sketch (or any other sketch) of Cooper and says to herself; “That looks just like my uncle Bob,” she may also say; “But, Uncle Bob never wore a hat, if fact, he hated hats… he didn’t own even one, single, hat.”

The converse is true also. If uncle Bob always wore a Homburg hat, Sally might say; “Uncle Bob doesn’t look much like the sketch, but the hat makes be suspicious.”

Since there are more myths out there than facts, you can see what it does to the likelihood someone would recognize a friend, neighbor, or relative as Cooper based on a sketch and what they (think they) know about NORJAK.

Web Page
Blog
NORJAK Forum

Orange1,

Your comments made me think of something that I have been trying to express, but have been unable to verbalize. That “make the connection” issue is why I focus so much on the “mythical aspects” of NORJAK history.

For example:
There is a myth that Cooper wore a Homburg Hat. A lot of people not really close to the case, but with enough familiarity to buy into the myth (I have certainly talked to a lot of people in this category (including LEOs)) would “make the connection” or “not make the connection” based on the myth. So, if Sally sees the I-Dent-A-Kit sketch (or any other sketch) of Cooper and says to herself; “That looks just like my uncle Bob,” she may also say; “But, Uncle Bob never wore a hat, if fact, he hated hats… he didn’t own even one, single, hat.”

The converse is true also. If uncle Bob always wore a Homburg hat, Sally might say; “Uncle Bob doesn’t look much like the sketch, but the hat makes be suspicious.”

Since there are more myths out there than facts, you can see what it does to the likelihood someone would recognize a friend, neighbor, or relative as Cooper based on a sketch and what they (think they) know about NORJAK.

I think you are talking about "stereotyping".

Had you taken a poll immediately after 11-24-71
most young people (college age) would have said
Cooper was a young guy, in spite of news coverage
and facts. People tend to catagorise things according
to what they can identify with personally or from
snipets they pick up quickly , in spite of news
coverage and facts ....

That is one way myths get started. People tend to
promulgate their own myth sets in order to bolster
their own identities.

Some people think psychology is a myth.
Some people think that physics is a myth.
Some people think that everything is a myth.

I doubt if McCoy stole other people's coats. He was a master criminal. He was a skydiver, military pilot and had ALL the skills needed to pull of a NORJACK copycat crime. Instead of engaging in endless criminal behavior and getting arrested at least 26 times, McCoy lived an upstanding life. He planned and executed just one big heist. Had he kept his mouth shut he might have never been caught.

Another thought. If McCoy had indeed kept his mouth shut and never been caught... I wonder how many of us here would believe he & DB Cooper were in fact the same person...

Another thought. If McCoy had indeed kept his mouth shut and never been caught... I wonder how many of us here would believe he & DB Cooper were in fact the same person...

I sure would be thinking that initially. An experienced civilian skydiver like McCoy probably would have picked the Pioneer sport rig which was available on the NORJACK plane.

I sure would be thinking that initially. An experienced civilian skydiver like McCoy probably would have picked the Pioneer sport rig which was available on the NORJACK plane.

Ah, but we wouldn't have known who McCoy was so would have had no idea in fact what rig he had brought onboard with him? All we would have done... was speculated that it took DB so long to get the rigs the first time, he sure wasn't gonna make that mistake again!! ;)

Good one Orange!

The FBI (and Ckret in particular) is 100% certain that McCoy was not Cooper.

Could they have been tricked by lieing alibi witnesses? Probably not, but you gotta wonder sometimes.

McCoy's hijack was truly remarkble in its execution.