47 47
quade

DB Cooper

Yeah, I don't think McCoy was Cooper either. But I think the line of argument is interesting because it just makes me wonder about the whole concept of "you don't even know what you don't know" ... which is not very helpful in trying to solve the case of course.
I'm wondering what other things may "seem" obvious but actually aren't, and vice versa.
Skydiving: wasting fossil fuels just for fun.

Orange 1 this is not a reply to your post. Howrver it is a answer to a request of a childs mother that has bone cancer of his legs. Dylan how are you doing yes I am going back to the woods for another search and you can join me any time that you would like. I will take you to the woods and you can be part of this search at any time you request it. Providing your mother aprove's. Well Kidd'o hope this message finds you chipper and search able. I'm in Washougal now and it is warm the river is low and all streams are low. I checked a mine shaft that I recently discovered it was only 20 ft deep. Nothing in it but water waist deep. It was still fun wish you were there to enjoy the experience. I'll save the next big find for you and your family. Ok. Anyway nothing more to report. except that my search area is on the North Fork of the Washougal. Lots of old mine shafts in this area. Take care, and will talk to you soon. Ok guys I'm having fun in the woods again and if I find something I will post it on this forum. Jerry PS Sarra hope this message finds your son well and happy. log to this web/forum and register OK. I hope that your son will get better after the bone graph God Bless.

Jerry,

Best wishes to Dylan. Hope he can join you one of these days.

Your discovery of mineshafts is interesting. What was mined in this area?

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

377 Back in 1896 t0 1909 Gold and silver was the quest. However not much was found. copper was! It is a funny story , that involved deception and fraud on the stock market. The old timers took rock ore from Wind River and peppered the tailings at the mines on the Washougal tributaries to get investers to sponsor the diggings. Needless to say they lost there buts on there investments. There is a lot of Info on this in the Washougal Library. I do believe it is also available on line.If not I can get you copys of this report to include the history of what is known as the Yacolt burn.Its good history and fun reading. Jerry PS If Jo reads this her next claim will be that Dwane hid out in a mine shaft and then walked to the columbia river after stealing the boat from ledbeters mansion on Lacamus lake which is directly accross from the moose lodge. go figure.she already has claimed this she sent me a map that she drew. this included duane's trip across the lake and his walk to the columbia river to a log cabin. and where he burried the money.It's a cool Map and dated the year 2000.

Orange 1 I Knew Mcoy personally he at the time was a fantistic chopper pilot and one of the best SF infantry person you could ever meet he was a good pilot in vietnam. one of the best! He had no fear. What hapened to him after he came back to the states, I don't know, it is still a mystery to me. I thick that his tours in a combat zone played a big factor in his decissions. I know he had nightmares constantly. He was also diagnosed with PTSD this was a big factor in his crime. Still he was a good Man Prior to his crime. and well respected by all his contemparies/fellow soldiers in the SF. Jerry

I took a whole sleeping pill last night, but that did not stop me from crying and waking up several times hurting very badly - deep down in my heart and soul.

You are a mean and cruel man Georger. You say things that do not need to be said and you garnish your opinions in ways that twist things I have said and that are deliberately hateful. I believe you are one of those horrible people we see on TV programs who interview witnesses and turn and twist the details trying to get them to say just what is needed to discredit their testimony or accuse them of some horrific crime the FBI hasn't been able to solve any other way.

Georger you said:
"How would Duane have "caused" McCoy's DEATH! ? Duane had no connection whatever to the living breathing McCoy and McCoy didnt know Duane
existed. Duane wasnt even in the same class as McCoy except that they both spent time in different prisons for totally different crimes."

It has never been my intention to connect McCoy's Death or this person with Duane Weber. We are talking about setting examples. If Cooper had never made the jump and got away - McCoy would never have conceived of doing the crime he commited. Duane was a sentimental person and he "felt" responsible because McCoy "copycated" Cooper and ended up deceased as an indirect result of that jump. McCoy died because he couldn't deal with the consequence of the prison term he would have had to serve.

Georger said:
"Duane may not have known McCoy even existed until you two sleuths moved to Virginia Beach and began poking around, looking for trouble?

Isnt that the correct version. ?"

If you are so smart and Jerry is so honest remember your own words. Jerry claimed that Duane's friend said Duane talked about McCoy and this friend thought he had had one two many to drink one night.

I personally heard Duane make the statement about feeling responsible for the death of another person - because "I set the example " His own words except I didn't know what he was talking about. This happened months after he had shown me the location of McCoy's demise and told me what it was about. But again I was not interested in those types of things and had no reason to be.

Georger said;
"Duane was a nobody and a nothing with congenital PKD, malformed hip and orthopedic issues, a personality disorder, and who knows what else .... that you have been trying to pass off as DB Cooper.

Doesn't that about cover your whole story?

That statement sure makes you sound like a FBI interrogator! You know I have stated over and over that in 1971 and in the following yrs, that Duane's physical condition was not as bad as you keep repetiously claiming - just because you want me to go away and for Weber to go away.

Georger said:
The fact is Jo, there is a common thread in everything you have ever posted about Duane and your and Duanes life together. By your own words the story is full of what you see as adventure and
your version of adventure includes such low-order
behaviors as sneaking around, poking around, lurking looking for opportunities, stealing coats,
clandestine nonsensical covert activities including
clandestine photography, secret missions with secret people, mysterious photos, a soap opera life filled
with endless emotional strife and mysterious happenings and secret places, and a strong
"gotcha" mentality on your part which reveals deep
seated inferiority issues - all by your own words
and actions!

:|Perhaps you have never been married. Marriage is an adventure into the unknown. You make me sound like common trash, because I did not understand some of the things we did and parts of our lives. Perhaps you never had a wife who honored and obeyed you.

That paragraph is accusing me of being a low-order life person, a thief and an opportunists. I have explained the type of person I am and those who know me will attest to this. I have done nothing more than tell the parts of our our lives that might explain his confession and the other unusual things that happened during our marriage. If it sounds like a soap opera to you, can you even imagin how it makes a woman feel who had never participated in that kind of life? Do you not have any feelings for anyone? Are you so cruel that you can only get satisfaction in demeaning others and their lives.

[Blue]I have had no "motive" in revealing these things - just a hope they might honestly help find the truth -- there is no deep seated inferiority issues on my part. A simple woman looking for a simple anwer - perhaps it is you who is too complicated.

This is how I feel right now - very blue and very low emotionally. I hope you are really proud of youself - you can only feel good by demeaning others, but you will never get me down except momentarily - I am not a weak person the likes of you can manipulate. I stand by the truth and I have engarnish no part of what I tell about Duane or myself. I am only quilty of omitting things - things I feel are too personal for any media source.

We have come to a sad sad state in this world when a man or woman can only derive satisfaction by demeaning others...now I am regretfully doing the same.

Regarding Ckret:
Yes, I had a complaint and a grievance against Agent Carr...I never denied that. If he could have stayed with only stating what was in the files and not his opinions...which others and myself proved were not accurate...he would have been OK. He represented those forces which protect and shield us as citizens in the USA. His own actions and words all documented in this forum - served no purpose other than to destory what the FBI is "suppose" to stand by. Investigate, report, protect and cause no harm.

He revealed and stated I had certain information given to me - that I read for the 1st time in this forum. He misquoted facts of the case - such as the cigarette butts, which were taken into evidence along with the tie in Reno. His own mistakes - are the only reason he is not here. When an FBI agent posts in a forum - what he says is taken as the truth when it maybe only his opinion. When this happens more myths are born - the Cooper case has enough myths without more being created by someone who supposedly stands in a position to dismiss or investigate evidence.

He made his own mistakes - I didn't make them for him. He was even quoted in newsclips and on TV the misnomers he was probagating. Yes. I miss the technicial input as we all do, but perhaps he had already revealed all he knew. I suppose you, Georger want to "blame" me for Ckret not being here - but, he did it himself. You, Georger make all sorts of outlandish claims against me and you are very persuasive as interrogators are trained to be.

I have listened to you lean toward me, but that was a technique you use to win favor and then come back with the accusations. Your soft spots - I call them "sun" flashes are Tina Mucklow, the pic of the little girl, the Salt Lake City pic and the fire fighting background. to discredit me you consistently use - Duane's health, his mentality and his criminal record. You even attack me emotionally where you know it will hurt me.

I have been honest in my telling of what I know about Weber's past and my experiences with him. I do NOT see him thru Rose Colored Glasses. The FBi can take Duane's criminal record and hash it all they want - but only I will or another person who knew him well will be able to pick out any one single thing that might be there - that will help to find the truth.

I am not so interested in ALL of those records, but the ones from 1942 forward to 1950. The yrs the FBI refused to investigate - Hidden in the great archives of legal files in CA and WA lies papers giving the names of individuals who assisted Duane as friends of the family......and his employment during those yrs..regardless of which name he used.
There is a name not in Carr's long list of aliases most of which I provided. Also please note - Carr is ON RECORD as stating one of the names Duane used was not an alias, but a mispelling even though the file says AKA.

In Summary:

I have NOT lied nor have I engarnished what I know about Cooper. I have played with the theories like everyone else. I always come back to the basics.

1. Married Weber in March of 1978.
2. Duane has the "dream" in 1978.
3. We move to FT. Collins in 1978.
4. Trip to WA in 1979.
5. Duane immediately pens his resignation the day after the article about the money find is made pulic in Feb of 1980.
6. March 1980 Duane leaves for Mobile.
7. Duane returnes May 1980 to help us move.
8. 1983 or 84 Duane showes me the site McCoy died at.
9.. Show me a book with the CPS - fire fighters 1985
with a picture cut out he said was him. (never have found this limited book.
10. 1986 he is reading the Norjack book which I never got to read - claimed one of the guys had it.
11. 1990 - the bag and the stub are found.
12. 1990 - at this time he puts somethings in his desk drawer...that he is protective of - after finding me playing with one of them while making phone calls.
13. 1990 - Attempts and does accquire the ID of John Collins again - he needed that ID to have access to the place he retrieved the above items from.
14. 1994. Old airline ticket in the office 1990 files that I was cleaning out with his reluctant assistance.
15. 1995. He tell me he is DAN COOPER. This makes no sense unless I know who Dan Cooper is.
16. 1996 I find out who Dan Cooper was.

I am sure the above list needs some re-organization and some incidents added, but this is the outline of a 17 yr LIE without my going back thru
the files? Hardly!

Copyright 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 2013, 2014, 2015 by Jo Weber

Duane was a sentimental person and he "felt" responsible because McCoy "copycated" Cooper and ended up deceased as an indirect result of that jump.

Jo, I haven't read your whole post but saw that bit. This is the kind of thing that discredits your story. You have posted the above statement as if you know it for a fact, which you couldn't possibly unless Duane told you... which by your own account he couldn't have (or you would have known who Dan Cooper was long before you say you did).

It is this kind of thing - inferring things from the flimsiest of foundations and then stating them as fact - that makes people simply switch off.
Skydiving: wasting fossil fuels just for fun.

Jo I never said Duane talked about McCoy. You Did . Remeber when you told me that you lived in virginia beach Virgina and you stated that McCoy was killed a couple blocks from your house. Then you Stated that was when Duane got interested in the Cooper case. I just listened to the tape of our telephone conversation too make sure this info is correct before I posted this statement.Jo how do you get away with putting people down and not get kicked off this Forum. Is Quade one of your best friends. I realy wonder. Jerry

Orange 1 I Knew Mcoy personally he at the time was a fantistic chopper pilot and one of the best SF infantry person you could ever meet he was a good pilot in vietnam. one of the best! He had no fear. What hapened to him after he came back to the states, I don't know, it is still a mystery to me. I thick that his tours in a combat zone played a big factor in his decissions. I know he had nightmares constantly. He was also diagnosed with PTSD this was a big factor in his crime. Still he was a good Man Prior to his crime. and well respected by all his contemparies/fellow soldiers in the SF. Jerry

This transformation of McCoy has always puzzled me. There is a fascinating story in McCoy's journey from citizen soldier to master criminal but we don't really know the details other than the nightmares Jerry just wrote about. I don't doubt the PTSD theory, but he showed few outward signs antisocial behavior prior to the hijack.

We had a case locally involving a West Point grad who came back from Iraq with PTSD, got addicted to heroin and stuck up a store. He showed signs of falling apart as soon as he returned according to the news stories.

I wonder of Cooper was in SE Asia during the war and was traumatized by what he saw? Wouldn't that be something if both cases had their roots in Viet Nam? It is just speculation though. We (excluding Jo) still have no idea who Cooper was.

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

Jo I never said Duane talked about McCoy. You Did . Remeber when you told me that you lived in virginia beach Virgina and you stated that McCoy was killed a couple blocks from your house. Then you Stated that was when Duane got interested in the Cooper case. I just listened to the tape of our telephone conversation too make sure this info is correct before I posted this statement.Jo how do you get away with putting people down and not get kicked off this Forum. Is Quade one of your best friends. I realy wonder. Jerry

Jerry Jerry please don't start this again. I did NOT live a couple of block from the McCoy site and you did make the McCoy thing a very serious accusation in your reference to the Phone call you made to Duane's friend. Your memory is not serving you right now. I had just made what I hoped to be my last post. I am referencing our conversation a couple of months ago and a post you made in this forum about Duane's friend and your phone conversation with that friend.

I am sure I probably did mention McCoy in my conversations with you in the past and you also by your own admission talked to Duane's friend about Mc Coy. McCoy did not live a couple of blocks from me - that was several miles. That house was on a main fareway and near the Mall. I lived in a very nice subdivision far removed from the elements and rentals and business in the location McCoy was killed in.

Attention Orange.

Regarding my wording of some things - I am not a writer of any kind - nor am I well organzied anymore. ALL I was doing was stating that Duane showed me where McCoy died and told me about him. He made NO statements at that time regarding feeling remorse for his death.

Several months later - he makes a statement about feeling responsible for the death of another. It would be later that I connected McCoy and the statement he made a few months later. Many of you consider that connecting the dots...but realize that I did NOT connect the McCoy site and the statement until 1976 when I found out who DAN Cooper was.
In the explanation of McCoy's death it was D.B. Cooper. When he made the statement of "remorse" nothing was said to link McCoy and Cooper. But, I have explained this before.

I am too sick to continue this right now...I came here today to just make that one long post and look where it has taken me. Having to defend myself again. I am not a professional writer - you guys are expecting far too much - I am really just a SIMPLE person who needs to resolve all of this.

New Info: Most of you know about the Rose Festival Parade in Portland Oregon. Ralph was asked to be in this Parade and he excepted the invitation He will be Riding in a Mini Cooper, It is the 53rd entry in the Parade. It will be aired on channel 8 from Portland Oregon. The choice of Car is very Fitting I Believe. Jerry

Several months later - he makes a statement about feeling responsible for the death of another. It would be later that I connected McCoy and the statement he made a few months later. Many of you consider that connecting the dots...but realize that I did NOT connect the McCoy site and the statement until 1976 ( this should have said 1996) when I found out who DAN Cooper was.
In the explanation of McCoy's death it was D.B. Cooper. When he made the statement of "remorse" nothing was said to link McCoy and Cooper. But, I have explained this before.

NOTE:

I made an error in the date with the above statement
but did not catch it until this evening.
the date should be 1996 when I found out who Dan Cooper was.

Thank you, sorry about the error.

I wonder of Cooper was in SE Asia during the war and was traumatized by what he saw? Wouldn't that be something if both cases had their roots in Viet Nam? It is just speculation though. We (excluding Jo) still have no idea who Cooper was.

Weve been over this a thousand times.
Ckret said too old for VN.

Jerry Jerry please don't start this again. I did NOT live a couple of block from the McCoy site and you did make the McCoy thing a very serious accusation in your reference to the Phone call you made to Duane's friend. Your memory is not serving you right now. I had just made what I hoped to be my last post. I am referencing our conversation a couple of months ago and a post you made in this forum about Duane's friend and your phone conversation with that friend.

I am sure I probably did mention McCoy in my conversations with you in the past and you also by your own admission talked to Duane's friend about Mc Coy. McCoy did not live a couple of blocks from me - that was several miles. That house was on a main fareway and near the Mall. I lived in a very nice subdivision far removed from the elements and rentals and business in the location McCoy was killed in.

Attention Orange.

Regarding my wording of some things - I am not a writer of any kind - nor am I well organzied anymore. ALL I was doing was stating that Duane showed me where McCoy died and told me about him. He made NO statements at that time regarding feeling remorse for his death.

Several months later - he makes a statement about feeling responsible for the death of another. It would be later that I connected McCoy and the statement he made a few months later. Many of you consider that connecting the dots...but realize that I did NOT connect the McCoy site and the statement until 1976 when I found out who DAN Cooper was.

I am too sick to continue this right now...I came here today to just make that one long post and look where it has taken me. Having to defend myself again. I am not a professional writer - you guys are expecting far too much - I am really just a SIMPLE person who needs to resolve all of this.

Ckret

JumpsLicenseIn sport : : :

Dec 6, 2008, 10:50 AM

Post #5658 of 10340 (1024 views)

Re: [skyjack71] WHY COOPER PICKED PORTLAND, OR. [In reply to] Can't Post

"I fall on the bottom of the intellectual scale here and Night Clerk is doing well. I am having a hard time holding on to the bit and reins. If Carr doesn't do something soon I think Night Clerk
will come thru the gate without waiting for the buzzard..oops I think that is supposed to be spelled differently.

On a serious NOTE. The night clerk wants to go public, but I am the one saying NOT yet...let the FBI do what they have to do. Since Carr made his narrow minded statement about me - this indicates the FBI is NOT searching their records for the registration."

Reply:

I have already posted that I cannot find a registration with John Collins name on it. For the sake of argument let’s say that there was a registration with the name John Collins on it and the clerk says that John Collins looks like the picture of Duane Weber and he believes Duane Weber looks like Cooper. OK, now what? That would be great info to confront Weber with but that is not a possibility.

(This post was edited by Ckret on Dec 6, 2008, 10:56 AM)

Weve been over this a thousand times.
Ckret said too old for VN.

There were lots of "civilian advisors" in Nam and tech reps. They didn't have to be soldier age. Also, since when did what "Ckret said" have more value than an educated guess? I miss him a lot and the forum really I from his absence but he is no closer than we are to knowing who Cooper was, but he may know more than we do about who Cooper wasn't.

On March 31st 08 Ckret made the post below regarding (his) interpretation of how dna might be applied, or might-should not be applied, to the
Cooper case.

Would anyone care to comment about Ckret's
comments in this matter?

# # # # #
Ckret JumpsLicenseIn sport : : :
May 31, 2008, 11:07 AM Post #1922 of 10320 (1541 views) Registered: Sep 7, 2007Posts: 522 Re: [peckerhead] Theory: Cooper didn't jump in the deep woods [In reply to] Can't Post

My take on the whole "new suspect" thing is the same as the rest. Nothing links any of these people to the crime other than some stories that can't be proven. Beyond that, our efforts are paying off because people are talking about the case which may bring someone forward that can actually be investigated. And here is the problem with testing these folks against the DNA: The DNA cannot be used as proof that the person is Cooper. The pool of possible donors is too large, it can only be used to exclude. So you have someone that has no link to the crime other than some stories that can't be proved. You then compare their DNA and it comes back as a partial match. This, in reality, is meaningless with regard to solving the crime but could you imagine the mess it would stir. It would cause far more harm in resloving the case than it would ever help. If i just did a random sample of a thousand people, several may match the partial DNA as possible donors. For this reason there are very few people I would test against the DNA we have, there would have to be something more than stories about people who are no longer with us. I do, however, plan to look at the prints. " (Ckret)

Any reactions to the below re- Gasset/Cook. ?

#####

Ckret JumpsLicenseIn sport : : :
May 29, 2008, 8:36 PM Post #1885 of 10320 (1537 views) Registered: Sep 7, 2007Posts: 522 Re: [n467us] KC-135 aerial refuel boom operator [In reply to] Can't Post

n467us, This is no different than any other person that has been brought forward. Nothing directly connects him to the hijacking. He is dead so anyone can say anything about him and no one can go back to investigate if it is true or not. I offered to compare prints and do DNA testing on the suspect Cook brought forward but he would not provide the suspects complete information to me. We went round and round for months and he always claimed the client/lawyer relationship prevented him from giving me the individuals name. Guess the real problem was a book in the making. (This post was edited by Ckret on May 29, 2008, 8:39 PM)

New Info: Most of you know about the Rose Festival Parade in Portland Oregon. Ralph was asked to be in this Parade and he excepted the invitation He will be Riding in a Mini Cooper, It is the 53rd entry in the Parade. It will be aired on channel 8 from Portland Oregon. The choice of Car is very Fitting I Believe. Jerry

I love it.

Jerry, tell us more about Richard McCoy, please. How did you know him? Did you keep in touch after Vietnam?

How did people take his strong religious views? How about his exceptional bravery - near reckless - rescuing ARVN soldiers. What did his peers and superiors think of such actions?

Any idea why his post-jump plans were so poorly formed? Any idea on how he switched from being the Number One candidate for the Utah State Patrol one minute, to abducting law enforcement officers the next to make his getaway from US Marshals?

What a small world. Another Cooper Quirk!

There were lots of "civilian advisors" in Nam and tech reps. They didn't have to be soldier age.

For the mostpart weve been talking about
when a person might have been trained and served
based on age. Ckret actually offered a theory Cooper
had served at McChord, but I wont go into that since
Ckret posts are now off the table (more Weber Effect).

However, when you and Snow were discussing Vietnam
at length, you forgot to include one basic fact which
relates directly to your comment above - advisors
began going to Vietnam clear back in the
Eisenhower administration, in the 50's, prior to
Dien Bein Phu if you recall. That's 1953-54. So
technically speaking there was a window open
as early as 51-54, Cooper could have been involved
in, IF Cooper qualified in that regard.

So Ive given you a wider window based on actual
history than you (or Snowmman) previously allowed
or discussed. Now all you have to do is put Cooper there.

15. 1995. He tell me he is DAN COOPER. This makes no sense unless I know who Dan Cooper is.
16. 1996 I find out who Dan Cooper was.

Jo,

Why would Duane give you a death bed confession that meant absolutely nothing to you?

Why wouldn't he have said "I am DB Cooper, the man who hijacked that airliner and parachuted out with the ransom money?"